Is Madonna the "Shape shifting dance legend" Billboard is talking about?

The only hype I'm seeing is the hype ginned up by fans on here (and presumably other M fan forums). A few references to working on a new album and a clip that's not even confirmed to be her is hardly overhyping. You all are spoiled if you ask me. If the album drops THIS YEAR, it will be completely acceptable. If it gets pushed to next spring, then we can talk.

M is hyping this project with Instagram at least once a week. She also had two magazine covers this past month. There IS hype. Now, I can bet the album drops this year. Will a first single be released in June? Maybe. But I am getting the feeling that she's going for a timeline like Music. Single drops in August, maybe an appearance or video premiere on the VMA and the album comes out on the mid to last week of September. So people expecting a single this or next week may be a bit too eager. But to each its own. It's fun sometimes to work yourself up with expectation.

Any reason this could happen?

Yes. People believed that the surprise release would either be Rihanna, Kanye, or Madonna. Rihanna's album is not ready, and everyone believed she would be making an announcement about releasing the album tonight, but it turned out she was attending a hard rock cafe fund raiser for leukemia. Kanye is currently in Europe, and will be performing some yeezus tracks at the X games. The only person left is Madonna. She has also been inactive on instagram since very early this morning. We will find out tonight if she is releasing the first single. Beyonce released her album thursday evening, so Madonna may follow in her footsteps. We shall see! :popcorn2:

Edited by madonnafan126

THIS! Otherwise, how could 2014 be hers (remember her IG post)?

There's only half of it to prove once again who's the real Queen!

Well she has other projects. I think Art for Freedom is FAR more important for her than any new "record" or "single".

ARE YOU WITH ME?

why release something midweek - just kill chances on charts x2. lol....THEN AGAIN - how much sales to get number one album eh

its prolly taylor swift (*puke*) or adele.

I must say the new members Madonnafan126 & Sasori84 are very cool ! Very positive and enthusiastic most of the time ! I love it !

Thank you presston! :) And yes, I LOVE MADONNA! Her music and spirit has gotten me through so many rough times. I saw her on tour(MDNA tour) in DC, and she blew me away. I've been waiting and longing for new music since the concert ended!

why release something midweek - just kill chances on charts x2. lol....THEN AGAIN - how much sales to get number one album eh

its prolly taylor swift (*puke*) or adele.

Both Taylor and Adele have scheduled release dates. This is why there are so many people who believe the surprise is Madge!

Yes. People believed that the surprise release would either be Rihanna, Kanye, or Madonna. Rihanna's album is not ready, and everyone believed she would be making an announcement about releasing the album tonight, but it turned out she was attending a hard rock cafe fund raiser for leukemia. Kanye is currently in Europe, and will be performing some yeezus tracks at the X games. The only person left is Madonna. She has also been inactive on instagram since very early this morning. We will find out tonight if she is releasing the first single. Beyonce released her album thursday evening, so Madonna may follow in her footsteps. We shall see! :popcorn2:

stupidity.gif

Well she has other projects. I think Art for Freedom is FAR more important for her than any new "record" or "single".

ARE YOU WITH ME?

For sure Art For Freedom is her main concern and I applaude her for that.

At the same time, I think she's fully aware that her social message has to come through the notes: that's her prime medium and the GP is going to be receptive only if she SINGS about what she stands for (few people are here for PoliticalDONNA, I'm one of them).

It could be an EP, a visual album, a short film or just one single...but controversial images and meaningful words won't go very far without the help of her MUSIC.

She knows it....and she's ready....

Guest whatatramp

I hate that my friends think Madonna sucks because of one dumb song.

Even though it's Madonna's worst song ever I don't think it's a memorable flop for the general public

Excuse me Give Me All Your Luvin' is a masterpiece

madonna11.gif

Looks like we could be seeing our new single tonight folks!

"Turn on the Radio tomorrow and it will be about #Madonna and her #iTunes release at #midnight. I will be back in a few hours. Everybody."

https://mobile.twitter.com/SecretProject06/status/474673482178260992

Yeah that account has 4 followers and don't know where they would be getting their info.

We got duped by that evil madonna street team bastard and I really don't think this twitter account had any credibility!

Would love it if they prove me wrong though.