Guest Rachelle of London

Releasing a surprise album just cause your record career is plummetting and you can't produce a strong hit single is not revolutionary.

What crap!

:dead:

Guest Rachelle of London

Hmmm it did but she still a local act and will remain a local act so nothing really changed.

:dead:

I can't even. Where do you guys get this stuff?

Guest Rachelle of London

It's the truth. I mean her biggest hit WW is gaga's telephone :dead:

Local, local, local. Sorry.

If you're gonna talk such crap at least have the decency to use toilet paper.

In all honesty what is the insistence in here to call every other artist a "local act?" It does make one laugh. :lmao: poor souls

What Beyonce did was a revolutionary thing.

Not necessarily.. first of all, a lot of unknown artists release new music through Itunes only and with no hype prior their release.

The case with Beyonce is everybody knew she had a new album.. she was just finding ways to put it out there. The genius of it was that by dropping the album out of nowhere she gained so much publicity/hype against the usual hype built for months.

Did it work? It worked in terms of exposure but after the hype died down the exclusive Itunes album risked to be sabotaged by other big marketing venues.. it wasn't a disaster but it wasn't this big win win situation either (as they're trying to make the public believe).

Guest Rachelle of London

Of course unknown artists release their music without hype. Their unknown :lmao: they probably don't have a record deal, no wonder they release through iTunes

Seriously Madonna is not gonna do a Beyoncé, it wouldn't serve Madonna well at all. We all knows what happens when Madonna decides to release an album with zero hype. It worked for beyonce and contrary to many opinions saleswise it was a success. And I agree with Whoopie. There will be a time where music will be "free" it's the only way the industry can recover.

Of course unknown artists release their music without hype. Their unknown :lmao: they probably don't have a record deal, no wonder they release through iTunes

Seriously Madonna is not gonna do a Beyoncé, it wouldn't serve Madonna well at all. We all knows what happens when Madonna decides to release an album with zero hype. It worked for beyonce and contrary to many opinions saleswise it was a success. And I agree with Whoopie. There will be a time where music will be "free" it's the only way the industry can recover.

Madonna’s never released an album with ‘zero hype’. There has ALWAYS been a promo single, video, usually at least one performance, snippets of the album, a tracklisting, advance reviews etc etc.

The entire point of the ‘surprise’ strategy is that, assuming it’s someone with a profile which can command attention (as Beyonce could and as Madonna clearly could) it arrives with no-one having any idea of what it sounds like or if it’s any good. It hasn’t leaked in advance. The hype is exaggerated greatly by the sense of occasion and the mystery. With the Beyonce album it took 2/3 hours AFTER the iTunes release before an illegal version was widely available on the usual sites so that also works to increase sales.

Then, when the hard copy is released, all the hardcore fans buy a second copy and the more casual listeners who notice it on supermarket shelves etc can be engaged, and that’s when the traditional strategy of singles and videos comes in.

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh I didn't word that correctly. Of course Madonna has never had ZERO hype. But an artist like Madonna benefits from having a bit of promo due to the fact that she has such a wide range of fans and listeners. Many non fans but Madonna albums because they know she's a great artist and will deliver great music. If no one knows the album is out it will affect the sales. Personally I don't think a surprise album will work for M. I would LOVE to be proven wrong, as the hype and hysteria that surrounded the Beyoncé release was epic and waking up to a new surprise Madonna album would make my year.

“I’m not sure it will top Beyoncé, but it will be ‘Beyoncé-esque’ let’s just say"

based on the above, for me, it shouldn't be about madonna…as she can (will) top beyonce this time around…at LEAST ww

“I’m not sure it will top Beyoncé, but it will be ‘Beyoncé-esque’ let’s just say"

based on the above, for me, it shouldn't be about madonna…as she can (will) top beyonce this time around…at LEAST ww

She wouldn't top Beyonce, Beyonce debuted with over 600k in the US alone, I don't think Madonna would ever sell so much, her highest ever debut was Music with over 400k

Releasing a surprise album just cause your record career is plummetting and you can't produce a strong hit single is not revolutionary.

Yes, it is. Were you not here for the pop season in the fall of 2013? All the girls were try hards, promoting left and right. Desperatly trying to score a #1 and get as much album sales as possible. Beyonce showed that none of that stuff matters anymore. What she did was genius. It was a big fuck u to the man and the system. I want other artists to follow her. Hell, if M wanted to "top" her, she should just put the album out for free.

Yes, it is. Were you not here for the pop season in the fall of 2013? All the girls were try hards, promoting left and right. Desperatly trying to score a #1 and get as much album sales as possible. Beyonce showed that none of that stuff matters anymore. What she did was genius. It was a big fuck u to the man and the system. I want other artists to follow her. Hell, if M wanted to "top" her, she should just put the album out for free.

Please. She could to it just because she's married to the most powerful man in the industry. She's not an indipendent woman, no matter what she says.

Is having an overhyped plus size Barbie doll who is a very popular performer, dull as fuck with insufferable crappy songs targeted to her audience. We are in forum dedicated to a woman with true brains and artistry, can we focus on it?

Please. She could to it just because she's married to the most powerful man in the industry. She's not an indipendent woman, no matter what she says.

Ooooh Lucky Guy would like this!

Guest Rachelle of London

How is Jay z the most powerful man in the music industry? What exactly does he have power of?

Ridiculous! Do your research instead of spewing silliness. He's a rapper not the head of Sony.

Guest Rachelle of London

Is having an overhyped plus size Barbie doll who is a very popular performer, dull as fuck with insufferable crappy songs targeted to her audience. We are in forum dedicated to a woman with true brains and artistry, can we focus on it?

You ONLY comment to state negative things about other female artists. Weird

Guest bluejean

How is Jay z the most powerful man in the music industry? What exactly does he have power of?

Kylie Minogue?

:rotfl:

Maybe because the only other artists I find appealing are rarely mentioned here. And I come here to find info about Madonna not to read about fake Barbie dolls or trashy pop tarts.

I do get very excited when cool stuff is posted, being that the reason I come back.

Sorry, but anyone trying to spin the success of Beyoncé and her surprise album is just being a hater. PERIOD.

What she did was brilliant and I don't think the hysteria that was caused by the surprise release can be duplicated. Someone is going to have to come up with something completely different to get that sort of reaction again (would love for that someone to be M). No, she doesn't have an Adele sized hit album but it's at 2-3 million copies now (??) and in 2014 that is pretty impressive. Just because an album doesn't churn out hit after hit doesn't make it a flop, the measure of success for an album/artist is vastly different now than even just 10 years ago. The album is a step forward for her musically and it's critical reception has been one of (if not the) best of her career. Plus, like our Queen M, Beyoncé is a force to be reckoned with as a touring artist. If there is any female artist out there right now that would ever match Madonnas success as a live act in the future, I'd put my bets on B.

Whoa.....I just completely stanned for Beyoncé in the new Madonna album thread. Sorry to anyone offended....lol.

Bringing it back to M though, truly, she can give it to me any way she wants. I'm just totally aching to hear this album.

PREACH! lol

but it would be neat if M just dropped an album like that...maybe people really do want the entire album right away?! instead of fans like us who think of marketing, lol...madonna already knows radio isnt playing her anymore and charts are not a sure thing with her singles now a days...cuz if she releases an entire album like this, kills single sales, ole skool it was the reverse SOMETIMES (coughrihannacough).