let's take a look back at this

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/03/17/beyonceexclusive

iTunes Is Now Preparing a Massive, ‘Beyoncé-Esque’ Exclusive…

Monday, March 17, 2014

No, it won’t be available on Spotify, or any other streaming service. Not on the album release date, and maybe never.

Which is exactly how Apple is structuring this deal, according to executives sharing preliminary details with Digital Music News. ”[iTunes] and Beyoncé are very happy with the results of that exclusive,” one source close to Apple shared at SXSW, referring to the ground-breaking launch several months ago. ”So you’re going to see something similar coming up, [unnamed artist] really likes the idea.”

“I’m not sure it will top Beyoncé, but it will be ‘Beyoncé-esque’ let’s just say.”

Sources insisted that we not publish any names, though this is a major artist that you’ve definitely heard of. In fact, there are multiple, big-name artists that could eventually finalize ‘Beyoncé-esque’ deals, depending on how things pan out. ”Spotify won’t get this, [nor will] any streaming service for that matter. You will have to buy this from iTunes.”

Asked if this will be a video-intensive release with a surprise release date, one of the sources only pointed to a healthy mix of video and audio. But there probably won’t be videos for each and every song. In terms of release strategy, the artist under discussion is deciding the best way to release, with a well-orchestrated, pre-release notification to fans more likely than a flat-out surprise.

But one thing is certain, according to our sources: this artist will be working direct-to-fan channels like Twitter, email, Facebook, SMS and several other channels ‘very aggressively,’ with ‘special giveaways and bonuses’ for the most dedicated and interested fans. ”There may be something to reward the best fans,” one of the sources with knowledge of the deal relayed, while pointing to a possible live concert tie-in. Beyond that hint, there were no further details on that aspect.

“[The artist] really likes what Beyoncé did, the independence of it. Streaming might come later, but that isn’t decided yet.”

There’s also the money aspect, an area where Spotify falls flat. ”There’s the whole ‘if you don’t make it available on Spotify you’re cheating your fans’ thing,” one source continued. ”But [this artist] doesn’t really buy into that thought.

“[The artist] feels there are compensation problems [on streaming platforms].”

And what happens to the rest of the audience, ie, those that only stream and rarely (if ever) download? ”They don’t expect any backlash off of this. The fans that matter will buy it.”

let's take a look back at this

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/03/17/beyonceexclusive

iTunes Is Now Preparing a Massive, ‘Beyoncé-Esque’ Exclusive…

Monday, March 17, 2014

No, it won’t be available on Spotify, or any other streaming service. Not on the album release date, and maybe never.

Which is exactly how Apple is structuring this deal, according to executives sharing preliminary details with Digital Music News. ”[iTunes] and Beyoncé are very happy with the results of that exclusive,” one source close to Apple shared at SXSW, referring to the ground-breaking launch several months ago. ”So you’re going to see something similar coming up, [unnamed artist] really likes the idea.”

“I’m not sure it will top Beyoncé, but it will be ‘Beyoncé-esque’ let’s just say.”

Sources insisted that we not publish any names, though this is a major artist that you’ve definitely heard of. In fact, there are multiple, big-name artists that could eventually finalize ‘Beyoncé-esque’ deals, depending on how things pan out. ”Spotify won’t get this, [nor will] any streaming service for that matter. You will have to buy this from iTunes.”

Asked if this will be a video-intensive release with a surprise release date, one of the sources only pointed to a healthy mix of video and audio. But there probably won’t be videos for each and every song. In terms of release strategy, the artist under discussion is deciding the best way to release, with a well-orchestrated, pre-release notification to fans more likely than a flat-out surprise.

But one thing is certain, according to our sources: this artist will be working direct-to-fan channels like Twitter, email, Facebook, SMS and several other channels ‘very aggressively,’ with ‘special giveaways and bonuses’ for the most dedicated and interested fans. ”There may be something to reward the best fans,” one of the sources with knowledge of the deal relayed, while pointing to a possible live concert tie-in. Beyond that hint, there were no further details on that aspect.

“[The artist] really likes what Beyoncé did, the independence of it. Streaming might come later, but that isn’t decided yet.”

There’s also the money aspect, an area where Spotify falls flat. ”There’s the whole ‘if you don’t make it available on Spotify you’re cheating your fans’ thing,” one source continued. ”But [this artist] doesn’t really buy into that thought.

“[The artist] feels there are compensation problems [on streaming platforms].”

And what happens to the rest of the audience, ie, those that only stream and rarely (if ever) download? ”They don’t expect any backlash off of this. The fans that matter will buy it.”

Yeah it sounds like the Artist they are talking about is Madonna.

Yeah, if that's Madonna, I don't really like the fact that she's doing what Yoncé did. People will notice that and maybe I'm too paranoid but I wouldn't want the "Madonna copies Beyoncé" thing to overshadow the music. I understand it's edgy and cool and many other artists will do it, but I hope M doesn't do it exactly like Yoncé did. But whatever really. If the music blows my mind and the album is not named R**** H****, I'm happy.

Wasn't Madonna seen at a Beyoncé show or something shortly after her surprise iTunes thing? Maybe she asked for her blessing.

yeah. you're probably right.

:lmao:

The only things that don't add up about her being the itunes exlusive are mainly two points.

1) Both she and Guy are investers in Spotify

&

2) Avicii has been enormously successful on streaming platforms, being the #1 streamed artist on spotify last year.

I don't see why she would cut the legs out from underneath herself. Why wouldn't she want to to stream with that kind of potential?

Edited by Arnian

IMO M does need at least a bit of a build-up before the album release, the Beyoncé strategy might not turn in favour of her. Of course I can only speculate and it would be amazing to have new great music so soon, but I can happily wait til summer or fall if she uses the time to build up hype and create some buzz for the album.

We'll see. I definitely don't give these tweets from amateur fan sites any trust though. If Madonna really is on the verge of releasing new music, we'll quickly find out from official sources anyway (Billboard).

If she does this it will be a sales DISASTER because NO ONE knows that she has a new album out

Madonna s core fans base likes buying the PHYSICAL CD and they're also less likely to be up on Itunes ass they're older than the average Beyonce fan

And again dropping a new album without any TV perfoances or promo

FLOP FLOP FLOP

The media will MASSACRE her for this

I'm not sure an exclusive deal is a good idea, she would be missing a lot of people who just stream their music. And I just can't picture Madonna caring about compensation for streaming, she makes more money on touring anyway.

I thought it was Mariah that was iTunes exclusive but that was fucked up by her. Idk.

I don't think it's Madonna but I do think it will only be a single iTunes exclusive, not the album.

In my opinion, she won't "Beyoncé" her album, but I do see her doing it with the 1st single... It will be a massive "OMG Madonna's got a new song out!!!!" and the world will go wild buying it

Beyoncé also toured during the albums surprise release. I think it'd be rather risky for M to release an album next week as she's not been in the spot light for quite a while.

Anyway there's no way she's releasing an album if she was only in the studio with diplo last week!?!? If she does release it that soon the whole things gonna sound like Britney Jean (rushed)

In my opinion, she won't "Beyoncé" her album, but I do see her doing it with the 1st single... It will be a massive "OMG Madonna's got a new song out!!!!" and the world will go wild buying it

Yes, I don't think she would do the whole album because people still do like to buy physical copies of albums. But I can see her doing it for a single to build buzz for the album. It may be one of the songs she did with Avicii because she worked with him first so one of those could be done and mixed now.

I'm here for a iTunes exclusive single. It would explode and be #1 all over the world (well...except the USA, of course). :laugh:

NOT here for a surprise album a la Beyoncé though. The one part that puts me off in that 'description' on the previous page is the bit with "the artist will promote aggressively and the best fans will get a gift, blah blah". Sorry but that sounds more like Lady Reductive and not like M.

I'm here for a iTunes exclusive single. It would explode and be #1 all over the world (well...except the USA, of course). :laugh:

NOT here for a surprise album a la Beyoncé though. The one part that puts me off in that 'description' on the previous page is the bit with "the artist will promote aggressively and the best fans will get a gift, blah blah". Sorry but that sounds more like Lady Reductive and not like M.

I agree. Madonna has never done things like that, and it would be strange if she started now.

Watch the iTunes exclusive deal be for Artpop II because I thought of the Shady Lady the first time I read that bit.

However, I do agree that if Madonna were to use a surprise iTunes release it would be for the lead single.

What if the gift thing is the art for freedom donations the winner gets to choose whom to give them to, or something along those lines?

Nah..I think the first 500.000 hardcore fans will get the album "Holy Water" in a special pink and silver foil super exclusive rare and limited edition.