Well, why would Moroder release a "surprise" clip? This better be Madonna. I love it. If it isn't, I will be so disappointed.

That's what I was thinking. Again. I am sure most in America have no idea who Moroder is. The BIG reveal would be one big flat thud if its this person.

Again I know nothing about this person, but they seem rather underground to me in terms of name recognition. It just doesn't sound like a "sworn to secrecy" tease clip would be something that an act like this would do to a mainstream venue like Billboard like someone mentioned.

And Janet? Id vomit if it turns out being her. An image changing dance legend? Erm...No. Cant picture her whisper vocals over this track either.

And Janet? Id vomit if it turns out being her. An image changing dance legend? Erm...No. Cant picture her whisper vocals over this track either.

Lol, I wouldn't vomit but I can't exactly imaging her singing to this.

And while Moroder is a legend, I really can't see him doing this type of secret release. It feels more like it would be someone who is a household name, and the shape shifting doesn't give me Moroder vibes either.

I'm not saying it's Madonna either, just that Billboard makes it sound like it's her.

COME ON MADONNA!!!!

QUIT BEING A COCK TEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE US THIS TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Billboard isn't really for a general audience, it's for people who are really into music and follow music very closely. I would assume that most people who follow music closely have at least heard of Giorgio Moroder especially with his work with Daft Punk. The "secret' thing might be more for Billboard to get readership than for the artist themselves.

This has GOT to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read:

"I think it's awful.

It sounds like the music to one of those obnoxiously long car commercials where stunt drivers dressed as yuppies (or b-list celebs) speed around suspiciously clean streets in urban areas where a bunch of white people and one token POC stare in awe of the car's wax job or whatever."

This is what they got from listening to literally 30 seconds of a song. :lmao:

So if it was moroder, why would the billboard article mention having to beg and plead to even be able to share an instrumental snippet. Moroder isn't exactly known for his vocals people...the production itself would be the big reveal if it was about him. Obviously the legend they're referring to is the vocalist...

Guest Rachelle of London

Ugh the know it alls are here.

Let's just wait til it's confirmed and speculate in the long run. No one is right at this moment as it's still a secret. Just enjoy the lead up.

Funkydonna. :wow:

I know. I love it

I recall when Hard Candy was being made I forget if it was P. Williams, but I recall hearing that a lot of old Madonna records were listened to so they could get a throwback like sound to the tracks for Madonna, but this sounds WAY more like early Madonna then anything on Hard Candy.

Another possible reason it could be Madonna is that she did instrumental testing of Hung Up at the clubs pre-release, and the rabid response showed her it would be a great lead single. She could be adapting that strategy with an online bent, allowing people to decide if they like the music first without having everything surrounding her celebrity thrown into the decision making.

But Billboard isn't really for a general audience, it's for people who are really into music and follow music very closely. I would assume that most people who follow music closely have at least heard of Giorgio Moroder especially with his work with Daft Punk. The "secret' thing might be more for Billboard to get readership than for the artist themselves.

True! And 'real' or devoted music fans certainly know who Moroder is, there's no way around it. I'm actually still surprised though Americans generally don't seem to know him. Sometimes it really seems like America is so stuck up on its own culture, especially in music, that people tend to forget theirs is not the only important and just deem other influential artists not coming from their country as unimportant. Shit I sound like GU right now, but it's really hard for me to believe people don't seem to know him!

Another possible reason it could be Madonna is that she did instrumental testing of Hung Up at the clubs pre-release, and the rabid response showed her it would be a great lead single. She could be adapting that strategy with an online bent, allowing people to decide if they like the music first without having everything surrounding her celebrity thrown into the decision making.

I think this theory may be true. She has been posting things and hints then deleting them or someone surrounding her doing the same. She could be testing the waters

Guest HaveASit

What about Rihanna? I know she is not a legend, but billboard has already called Katy Perry Queen of Pop. So, who knows

Shit I sound like GU right now, but it's really hard for me to believe people don't seem to know him!

Trust me. When you visit New York walk up to 100 random people and ask them. I will be shocked if 1 person out of the 100 knows who he is. :lol:

And we our stuck up our own asses most of the time. Its the American way. :laugh:

What about Rihanna?

BLAH! Please no.

If it ends up being Madonna ill be in heaven. Without a doubt I get no "What the hell is this crap?" vibe from the snippet we hear, unlike how I felt when I heard the GMAYL "demo". :lol:

I'm not really a fan of instrumentals but I'm really liking the clip. It definitely sounds like a Madonna track. It has a great vibe and a "happy" sound. If it's not her good luck to which ever artist it is. It does sound pretty great.

A June release would be awesome!! If she is touring Australia in 2015 it will have to be Jan/Feb. For her to put the album out and put a show together you'd think she'd have to release the album in August or at the latest early September.

If she does release it in November then I think Aus will miss out on the tour again.

(If this is her and is an idea of the direction the album will go in then I can't wait!!!)

:)

BLAH! Please no.

If it ends up being Madonna ill be in heaven. Without a doubt I get no "What the hell is this crap?" vibe from the snippet we hear, unlike how I felt when I heard the GMAYL "demo". :lol:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Same. Not that I hated GMAYL, but I was a bit like "Eh"

I wrote Madonna's new snippet billboard and lots of forums appeared.

But that ATRL, where people used to talk shit about her, is praising her A LOT!

i just did a search and yes.. only one or two people think it's a bit "basic" out of like.. 10 pages of praise?

this is my favourite:

It's obviously Madonna. She even said she wanted to work with Daft Punk, but that they never returned her call or something.

Clearly this is how she gets back at them: by making a Daft Punk song better than anything Daft Punk's ever made. c3ed7b23.gif

if it's not Madonna now :lmao:

i just did a search and yes.. only one or two people think it's a bit "basic" out of like.. 10 pages of praise?

this is my favourite:

It's obviously Madonna. She even said she wanted to work with Daft Punk, but that they never returned her call or something.

Clearly this is how she gets back at them: by making a Daft Punk song better than anything Daft Punk's ever made. c3ed7b23.gif

if it's not Madonna now :lmao:

Omg Adonis in that thread is seriously delusional