Blond Ambition Dallas FULL may 7th show.

I came across the full Blond Ambition show from Dallas TX 24 years ago; May 7th 1990. I attended this show (my first Madonna live experience) and I thought I'd share it with everyone. The banter with the audience (in particular before "into the groove") was just how I remebered it! Note, This is not the Westwood radio one broadcast (mostly from the May 8th show) it's an audience bootleg, and even has the "Thank you, Houston" mistake after Vogue, and her hilarious apology during Holiday.

Enjoy :-)

Part 1

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/ktcqgl

Part 2

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/ny86q7

• 4 weeks later...

Love it. Never realised that westwood boot was a mixture of nights, but I can hear that LAP is different already - so after that grovelling apology, she almost makes the same mistake again the next night with "come on houst...come on dallas put ur hands together" :rotfl:

It always bugged me that they cut out the speeches on the soundboard recording too. She's so hilarious on this tour, with the famous Nice show probably being the worst/most stilted cos of the filming /broadcast / making sure she freaked spench and english.

I thought it was hilarious the first time I heard the Westwood broadcast during LAP. I didn't go may 8th, so I had no idea she almost did again. Lol!

I'm just glad that of all the shows I've ever been to, this one was most important to me to find online. Praise Jesus and the internet. Lol!

Ha that was kind of the same situation for me. I attended the Sunday night Wembley date, my first ever concert actually and the day after the infamous f*ck filled radio broadcast. It was of course an amazing day/night and the best experience despite being halfway up the pitch and just a kid, but the atmosphere was unreal. I could always remember her speeches so vividly cos she was so funny, like being pissed off cos her causing a commotion top was wet and "smelled like cat piss" :rotfl: attempting to beat the previous nights f*ck record by being as foul-mouthed as possible, and complaining about the curfew - some things never change lol.

So I taped the Sat radio broadcast obviously, a coupla years later managed to track down a video bootleg of the first Friday night show but kinda gave up hope of ever finding anything from the Sunday. Apart from that tiny clip in Truth or Dare when she's mouthing off to the audience and spitting etc. Then along comes the internet and some website uploads all these different dates and there's BA Sun 22nd July and in good quality too! Just amazing to relive my first and best and obviously most iconic concert...15 years later or whatever :wow:

The End. I always ramble when talking to you, ha!

I like your rambling, Kim. :-)

I downloaded the London audience bootleg from July 20th(?) and she was hilarious!

I'll have to find the 22nd now.

Fortunately I have a great memory, and to hear the show I went to again being as great as I remember is an amazing trip.

Since it was the beginning of the tour, I'd never heard LAP live before, never heard any of the Dick Tracy songs because IB didn't come out for 2 weeks after I saw the show, and don't get me started on LAV.

When my parents saw the HBO broadcast later that summer, they were a little surprised that their 14yo son had gone without supervision. Lol!

Thanks babe. Yeah I think the 20th has the best banter. I watched it so much over the years I could probably recite it. "This is the ACTING part! I hope Daniel Day-Lewis is here...here's really gonna be IMPRESSED!" :rotfl: Is it the audio you downloaded or the actual video? I'm pretty sure it's on youtube if you haven't seen it. It's pretty good as audience recordings go, from the screens mostly.

That's crazy about the IB stuff. I never even realised the tour started before the record was out. I can't quite recall if it charted the very week of the show but I remember Hanky Panky getting to No2 in the charts and being so pissed that it missed the top. I was 12 and went with my aunt but yeah, my mum in particular wasn't that impressed reading the mental press hysteria that surrounded the whole thing and indeed the Barcelona show that aired a coupla weeks later. Oh those were the days tho and to even hear of some silly fans not rating this tour?....well it just boggles the mind frankly.

I'll upload that London 22nd show later for you!

OMG how fabulous.. that was when I first became a fan, listening to the Radio 1 live broadcast in awe.. the swearfest there is much better than Letterman!

I think there are Japan bootlegs as well? sure I saw Yokohama on youtube. The US leg was very early! Vogue was only just slaying then, it became the biggest seller of the year in the US, clearing 2 million so the tour must've helped.

Thank you! ;-)

I have seen the video of the 20th, and downloaded the audio. I could never quite make out the actor's name she was talking about! Lol! Thanks for clearing that up for me too!

I have to stress to those who weren't around during that time it's almost impossible to fully realize the impact that tour had on her career, and pop culture in general. Pop/rock Concerts were, literally, never the same afterward.