New album discussion: VENI VIDI VICI. Recording sessions possibly complete?

if anything is annoying it's those pseudo "underground" know it alls spreading their disappointment in diplo working with madonna. ignorant little fucks.

It's been agreed by the Laws of Music that a collaboration between Madonna and MIA could have been much dirtier, darker and original than what we ended up getting.

So, even though I don't think GMAYL is a flop song by any means, I can't blame Diplo for indeed thinking MIA should have not collaborated with her on that specific tune. I thought so, too.

Not sure if appropriate to share on this thread, but one of my favorite songs from the last five years is California Soul, remixed by Diplo. It's EXACTLY what I hoped Madonna would do after Confessions:

Question: Has she officially taken more time on this album as opposed to MDNA? Anyone remember how long approx. was the process for MDNA since we first found out about her working on it and it's release?

I feel she's much more into this one. I hope I'm right.

I love the overall positivity about this project, however I find all this "she's so much more inspired" talk funny because REALLY there is no indication of that. Had she used Instagram during the recording of MDNA in the studio, posting pics with Orbit we would've creamed our panties about how he brings out the best in her, she must ReALLY be about making music since she's working with her ROL producer instead of someone like Timbo or Guetta etc.

They announced she was making plans to start new album in early '11, she was in the studio all summer and again intermittently in the fall (if memory serves me right), so about 4-5 months all together, then of course it came out about one year after first mention of it......which is usually the case. I think we are right around 3-4 month mark with this new album now. Unless she's gonna pull some unexpected release strategy, it'll end up being a year (or very close to it) from the time we hear she's working on it til we actually hear the music. I feel like we've been hearing talk about her writing, looking for producers etc since end of '13 through early '14. I think absolute earliest we will see it is Nov.

Madonna wanted to record happier tunes which were missing from the charts.

It would be very boring if everything is always "dark and edgy".

It backfired of course. Cause her age. Most wanted to see "mature Madonna".

Thats why Masterpiece lingered on some charts for ages.

Too many cooks in the kitchen and too much time being spent making this album. Not a good sign. What's taking so long? The record company probably wasn't happy with the dud tracks they heard so far and she's trying to come up with something decent now.

tumblr_mckg2alHiu1rjxa6so1_500.gif

why do people say these kind of things and then not include a link (no offence but that shit is annoying :p)

edit:guess it's a troll, never mind it then

BAN

If you took a minute off from being a complete dick and actually bothered looking two posts down, I did post the links. I didn't think the clips were real, so I was asking if anyone knew anything about them first. It was confirmed they were bullshit. Some idiot posted them on Facebook.

That being said, I have like a lot of Diplo's work and hopefully it will be an interesting collaboration. He does tend to run off at the mouth like an immature twat often times, but it's the music that matters, so what he says doesn't really matter.

MDNA was a mix and match album I see this one being pretty much exactly the same. Some great tracks, some good ones. Nothing groundbreaking because I think she is too concerned with making 'young' music which is a shame. Still look forward to hearing it though.

I feel the same. I think it's gonna be this way from now on. She's having fun. It's what's going on in her life...focusing on the tour, dancing, keeping things fresh etc...I don't mind. I'm sure I'll love it!

They say she's doing Glasto every year. I hope there's some truth. Actually I don't. Glasto tickets are so hard to get. It would be impossible

It's just been announced it's Metallica headlining! Hardly the biggest band in the world although they are rock legends!

Michael Eavis said several years ago that he would have asked madonna to headline ten years ago but not now.

Let's not forget all the pressure about the Super Bowl.. that's why we had tracks like GAYL. I don't think she was truly inspired or be in the moment during the whole MDNA process. She was super commited with other projects. She was still editing W.E. and recording the album. Also, the pressure of writing a song for the W.E. soundtrack. You can feel how the mood is drastically changing mid process in the album.. it did damage the whole MDNA vibe.

It's just been announced it's Metallica headlining! Hardly the biggest band in the world although they are rock legends!

Michael Eavis said several years ago that he would have asked madonna to headline ten years ago but not now.

Maybe years ago it was just indie and rock bands headlining. Now pop artists can headline, Beyoncé etc. So I'm sure Madonna is now on top of his wish list, maybe.

If you took a minute off from being a complete dick and actually bothered looking two posts down, I did post the links. I didn't think the clips were real, so I was asking if anyone knew anything about them first. It was confirmed they were bullshit. Some idiot posted them on Facebook.

mes excuses

tumblr_n53rsg1K061rj9p07o1_500.gif

Let's not forget all the pressure about the Super Bowl.. that's why we had tracks like GAYL. I don't think she was truly inspired or be in the moment during the whole MDNA process. She was super commited with other projects. She was still editing W.E. and recording the album. Also, the pressure of writing a song for the W.E. soundtrack. You can feel how the mood is drastically changing mid process in the album.. it did damage the whole MDNA vibe.

MDNA was a contractual obligation. If she could have toured without a new album to promote she might have. But she hates relying on the hits for a set list these days.

It seems fairly obvious that the enthusiasm ,intensity, and focus is much more prevalent now than during the MDNA sessions.

She's actually focusing solely on the music this time around unlike MDNA where she was in post production on a film and planning a Super Bowl show and World Tour all at the same time.

I know people don't want to get too hyped but it's pretty clear she's taking the process more seriously.

Cut to album 14's release and y'all will be saying the same thing about this album with your "She seems more into the process for Album 14 than Album 13," "Album 13 was rushed," "Album 13 was a contractual obligation/she made it to tour" nonsense, while saying "MDNA wasn't so bad after all."

Virtually everything that she's shared with us about the album are the same sorts of things she would have posted about in 2012 had she been on Instagram during MDNA. There's nothing wrong with being excited; in fact, I'm glad everyone is. But just because you weren't into the last album doesn't mean she wasn't too.

Guest Rachelle of London

Cut to album 14's release and y'all will be saying the same thing about this album with your "She seems more into the process for Album 14 than Album 13," "Album 13 was rushed," "Album 13 was a contractual obligation/she made it to tour" nonsense, while saying "MDNA wasn't so bad after all."

Virtually everything that she's shared with us about the album are the same sorts of things she would have posted about in 2012 had she been on Instagram during MDNA. There's nothing wrong with being excited; in fact, I'm glad everyone is. But just because you weren't into the last album doesn't mean she wasn't too.

PREACH :clap:

Apologist.

MDNA was a contractual obligation. If she could have toured without a new album to promote she might have. But she hates relying on the hits for a set list these days.

Just like every other touring artist.

This is part of the music business called "business".

If you hated MDNA, fine. But don't go calling people apologists for what YOU don't like. I have no need to apologize for loving every Madonna release since "Madonna".

I'm really excited that she's still excited to be making music to share with the world, and at this point, is she wants to have fun and make fun music, then hooray for all of us that enjoy her, period.

Guest bluejean

He's an American Life basher. While also being an MDNA apologist. Screw that. Bye bye baby. Ignore.

Um, I consider it to be one of her least strong albums. But it's still a good album.

You can hate me all you want but I only have love for you.

Guest bluejean

She could tour without a new album if she wanted and sing more album tracks. She does new music because she likes to be moving forward. I don't believe MDNA was half hearted, only that they rushed it out. But I believe all the songs performed live she truly loved.

This might have already been discussed, but do you think she already shot videos for some songs that she knows are going to be singles? Not in a Beyoncé like way where she does a video for every song, but as a way to focus on a promo tour for the album, and then put her full focus on the tour without having to worry about squeezing in videos for singles between all of that?

^ That would be smart. I'm skeptical she would do that though.

She could tour without a new album if she wanted and sing more album tracks. She does new music because she likes to be moving forward. I don't believe MDNA was half hearted, only that they rushed it out. But I believe all the songs performed live she truly loved.

I agree. It's ridiculous to suggest she didn't want to make MDNA. You could tell she was itching to make music again after W.E. Plus, it's obvious she put her heart and soul into many of the songs. It's very personal and more revealing than her previous few albums.

I'm far from a Madonna apologist, and I regularly defend MDNA. People just have different taste/perception.

I like MDNA. I do, (It contains two of my favorite Madonna songs ever. Gang Bang, and Beautiful Killer) but I also agree that the album seemed like a half hearted rush job. Didn't William Orbit even come out and say that Madonna didn't put in the time that he really wanted from her or something along those lines? And she did have a lot of distractions while making it. Her movie which she seemed more passionate about at the time and the Super Bowl to worry about.

For those that didn't like Hard Candy, you can say she was distracted with her marriage falling apart.

With this new album I really do feel like she has her head fully in the game. She seems like she is at a happy carefree place in her life. She doesn't have a marriage falling apart or a movie coming out. Its seems like its all about the album right now.

This might have already been discussed, but do you think she already shot videos for some songs that she knows are going to be singles? Not in a Beyoncé like way where she does a video for every song, but as a way to focus on a promo tour for the album, and then put her full focus on the tour without having to worry about squeezing in videos for singles between all of that?

^ That would be smart. I'm skeptical she would do that though.

I agree. It's ridiculous to suggest she didn't want to make MDNA. You could tell she was itching to make music again after W.E. Plus, it's obvious she put her heart and soul into many of the songs. It's very personal and more revealing than her previous few albums.

I'm far from a Madonna apologist, and I regularly defend MDNA. People just have different taste/perception.

Truth

No, to the videos (we would've known something already)

And more truth!

I love MDNA although not her best but it's a solid and fun pop record..it was rushed but it doesn't mean she wasn't passionate when creating it. You do still have to sit there and write it, it takes many long nights to produce, mix and master any album and she was clearly within an understanding of the whole thing, considering the personal songwriting, the co-writers on Masterpiece and the live performances.

Guest bluejean

Why is it when people don't like something they ASSUME that Madonna didn't put any effort into it.

If the album was half hearted and she couldn't have given two hoots about it why did she perform almost all of it on tour for so long?

I thought the same thing Skin.

Also, with all or most of her instagrams involving the new music, she includes #artforfreedom.

I honestly believe her passion for that project will carry into the new era. Especially with the lyrics.

I can't imagine her writing oo la la, like a girl gone wild, happy B day, etc. I hope mature lyrics along with memorable melodies are on the horizon.

Why is it when people don't like something they ASSUME that Madonna didn't put any effort into it.

If the album was half hearted and she couldn't have given two hoots about it why did she perform almost all of it on tour for so long?

I doubt she didn't give a shit about the album. I don't think Madonna ever just shrugged her shoulders and said I don't give a shit, when it comes to making an album. But to me it just lacks passion. I mean I might not have felt this way if the album immediately followed Hard Candy, but I think its safe to say that after a 4 year wait between records Madonna without a doubt could have given us something WAY more inspired and groundbreaking.

That being said, the lack of passion I felt on the record she more then made up for on the tour, as I have said a million times its without a doubt one of the best shows she has ever put on.