New album discussion: VENI VIDI VICI. Recording sessions possibly complete?

Guest Rachelle of London

+1, and he is not to blame for the lame GGW lyrics, the music beneath them is killer and he did it!

I forgot about GGW! Truth!!!!!

Madonna has worked with a looot of people in this new album but not all of them will be producers so there's no reason to think this won't be a cohesive album.

Natalia Kills, MoZella, Viking Harem and Toby Gad may be only song writing.

S1, Avicii and Diplo may be songwriting AND producing.

This 100 percent. If you check everyone's credentials, this is how the album is probably going to play out (although I would add Martin Kierzenbaum to the songwriter/producer category, tho I'd bet he's only writing).

Fred Ball has never been confirmed as a producer either, for the people throwing his bane around.

It would be very interesting if she were to be taking those 11 Avicii demos and reworking them with Diplo, who may have been working on the project for longer than we know.

Still waiting on a press release tho.

I think Benassi is shit. And wasnt I m Addicted saved by the Demolition Crew? I ve read somewhere that Madonna said that I m Addicted was the hardest song to write for MDNA, which means she had big imput, which explains why it is amazing in spite of Benassi. Though I like GGW as a song, his "producing" was cheap. GGW could ve been miles better if we didnt have his eurodisco beats and what did he do to her voice?

Guest Rachelle of London

I think Benassi is shit. And wasnt I m Addicted saved by the Demolition Crew? I ve read somewhere that Madonna said that I m Addicted was the hardest song to write for MDNA, which means she had big imput, which explains why it is amazing in spite of Benassi. Though I like GGW as a song, his "producing" was cheap. GGW could ve been miles better if we didnt have his eurodisco beats and what did he do to her voice?

She said it was hard to write because benny and lake don't speak any English and she's not fluent in French and Italian. Demolition crew is the same person everyone's blaming for ruining the mix on MDNA :lmao:

She said it was hard to write because benny and lake don't speak any English and she's not fluent in French and Italian. Demolition crew is the same person everyone's blaming for ruining the mix on MDNA :lmao:

oh! I didn't know! :laugh:

Guest bluejean

There is nothing wrong with the mixing on MDNA. Benny Benassi is good. Solveig is the one that sucked (for the most part.)

MDNA was a mix and match album I see this one being pretty much exactly the same. Some great tracks, some good ones. Nothing groundbreaking because I think she is too concerned with making 'young' music which is a shame. Still look forward to hearing it though.

She has always wanted current sound. Ever since Shep remixed EY.

IC, E, BS, ROL, M, AL, COADF, HC and MDNA are all about current/future even some underground "hip" sound scape / producers.

But yes, this new record looks imitating MDNA pattern, on paper, that is.

Guest Rachelle of London

Well Demolition produced only I m Addicted and Gang Bang and that production is amazing :)

The production on IA And GB is indeed amazing. And I ADORE Best Friend. Demolition was also in charge of the sound on the whole record :lmao:

I don't get all the hatred for benassi at all. Even outside of his work with Madonna he's produced some brill tracks.

There is nothing wrong with the mixing on MDNA. Benny Benassi is good. Solveig is the one that sucked (for the most part.)

NO.

The best tracks are from Solveig.

TUTR, IDGAF, BK, IFIU are EXCELLENT!

faster kill pussycat (by benassi) or whatever it's called (with the sweet brittany murphy) was amazing.

That was Paul Oakenfold

Guest Rachelle of London

They say she's doing Glasto every year. I hope there's some truth. Actually I don't. Glasto tickets are so hard to get. It would be impossible

Question: Has she officially taken more time on this album as opposed to MDNA? Anyone remember how long approx. was the process for MDNA since we first found out about her working on it and it's release?

I feel she's much more into this one. I hope I'm right.

Theres only 1 band left to fill Glasto and its the' biggest BAND in the world'. I would've thought they would've said artist if it was M.

Ok so I know Madonna and Diplo had talked about each other before this so I did a search and here's what I found:

March 23 2012:

Diplo:

...Elsewhere, the producer was also asked about M.I.A.'s now notorious one fingered salute at the Superbowl.

It was kind of stupid. I think her being on that Madonna song is kind of lame, and she was trying to make up for that. That song is such a flop.

Source: http://www.clashmusic.com/news/diplo-reflects-on-mia

Jan 20 2014:

Diplo posted this pic to his facebook with the caption 'Amen'

1609813_10152141300139337_524682097_n.pn

March 11 2014:

Diplo

"For me, the Clash represented really unexpected things with a garage attitude, so that’s where I was going with 'Hero,'" he tells Rolling Stone, adding that he’s not sure yet what they’ll do with the recorded outtakes. "Maybe we’ll give them to Madonna."

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-clash-and-diplo-talk-unlikely-hero-collaboration-20140310#ixzz2vfWcb0K9

February 3rd 2012:

Diplo tries to shade Madonna

tumblr_lytrd76xxH1qj1m78o1_500.png

Source: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/66266140.html

i dont wanna read or see any of that. (i know it happened but im letting that shit in the past.) im sure there were more people who said shit about madonna, then worked with her or met her and got to know her and only had good things to say. in fact i think it encourages madonna even more to meet those people who don't lick her ass or seem like typical fans. she's a strong cookie.

just hope he won't give her his worst stuff. hope he gets to know her and realises she's a lovely bitch. ;)

I dont see what so horrible was said about her. GMAYL is not a great song, at least about this there is a consensus between M fans and haters :). He could very well be a M loon.

i dont wanna read or see any of that. (i know it happened but im letting that shit in the past.) im sure there were more people who said shit about madonna, then worked with her or met her and got to know her and only had good things to say. in fact i think it encourages madonna even more to meet those people who don't lick her ass or seem like typical fans. she's a strong cookie.

just hope he won't give her his worst stuff. hope he gets to know her and realises she's a lovely bitch. ;)

Yeah I didn't mean to be a negative nancy, I didnt know he shaded her, I was genuinely interested in finding some sort of timeline of their relationship, I think i confused Diplo with Skrillex, because I remember Madonna has been talking about some DJ for some years now going on about how she loves his music and I thought it was Diplo, but I found nothing so I think it was Skrillex

I dont see what so horrible was said about her. GMAYL is not a great song, at least about this there is a consensus between M fans and haters :). He could very well be a M loon.

Yeah I actually see it as a good sign that Madonna is working with someone who is conscious about how bad GMAYL is, so we can avoid that kind of situation this time around :chuckle:

Yeah I didn't mean to be a negative nancy, I didnt know he shaded her, I was genuinely interested in finding some sort of timeline of their relationship, I think i confused Diplo with Skrillex, because I remember Madonna has been talking about some DJ for some years now going on about how she loves his music and I thought it was Diplo, but I found nothing so I think it was Skrillex

i know you didn't mean to. :) i just like to avoid the negativity. he's working with her and that's a good sign. just hope (like i said before) that he'll NOT just do a rush job and later say he got paid nicely or some shit like that.(to kind of brush it off) but for now, things are looking well, so.. :)