New album discussion: VENI VIDI VICI. Recording sessions possibly complete?

Obviously the irony of and words of some songs on MDNA rubbed some the wrong way. You don't like GGW or GMAYL? Go in your music right now and see if you have anything else in your library as good as they are.

One reviewer I agreed with said it felt as if the album begins with I'm A Sinner. I think before that Madonna was angry and or wanted to escape. The part Madonna sings in I Don't Give A right before Nicki comes in sounds like an ending to something. Then Nicki closes it. Madonna opens up after that with the songs next.

William Orbit in his little rant couldn't have been clearer that Madonna didn't put in the time, or simply didn't have the time, to make MDNA a great record. Madonna is human. Sometimes she makes mistakes and is less inspired. Sometimes (but of course only rarely) the quality of her work dips, and I think MDNA is an example of that. We also know for a fact that quite a few songs were actually demos originally written and recorded by other people, with minimal changes from Madonna. That might have worked in 1986 when Madonna got first pick of the best songs, but it's not going to make for a great album when the demos are rubbish like GGW and Some Girls. Even if you disregard all the evidence that Madonna wasn't as committed as usual, I think you only have to listen to the album to realise that, especially when your ears have been trained on masterpieces like Ray of Light and Erotica.

Of course, if you genuinely love the album and you respect my opinion that I'm not fond of it, fair enough. But I think MDNA-lovers are being called "apologists" because they often resort to false comparisons and twisted logic to defend the album, rather than the music itself. I'm talking about stuff like "If Like a Prayer took X amount of time to make, and MDNA took X+10 amount of time to make, MDNA can't be any worse than Like a Prayer" and that kind of argument. I also think people are looking for patterns where there aren't any, as in "Fans always criticise the latest album then start to love it when the next album comes out." There is no pattern. The fan reaction is specific to each album and the circumstances of its release.

Wow amazingly put!! I like the part where you said "...especially when your ears have been trained on masterpieces like Ray of Light and Erotica." Yes!! Thank you! My 16 year old straight brother loves it when I play Madonna in the car. But his reaction to MDNA was like "is this even Madonna?" To me it's not her DNA at all. I know she can do better.

However, I'm really happy that many people love MDNA! It would really break my heart if everyone didn't like it. I don't hate it. In fact I play many songs off MDNA a lot! GGW and TUTR Offer Nissi are my favorite remixes of all time!!

So I do understand that people who love MDNA get annoyed with fans like us who bitch about it. I don't want them to misunderstand me. As a devoted Madonna fan I LIKE MDNA a lot. I just know she can do better and Im looking forward to the new album.

I just can't wait to listen to this album! Can't wait!!!

Me too, just having new Madonna music period is going to be fun.

I am definitely hoping for more political/current events references on this record.

I don't want them to misunderstand me.

If they do it's because you type out of both sides of your mouth within the same posts. No one cares if you like or dislike MDNA. Completely dismissing that Madonna had something to say I think is the disagreement. I say she had something to say. Obviously you don't think she did although it's plain as day. You don't like it, move on, just please don't say she doesn't care about what she says.

If they do it's because you type out of both sides of your mouth within the same posts. No one cares if you like or dislike MDNA. Completely dismissing that Madonna had something to say I think is the disagreement. I say she had something to say. Obviously you don't think she did although it's plain as day. You don't like it, move on, just please don't say she doesn't care about what she says.

When did I say she didn't care or had nothing to say? O.o Like someone here pointed out, don't take things so personally. Everyone has different tastes, opinions and outputs. Just read through the comments and try not to make it personal. ♡

When did I say she didn't care or had nothing to say? O.o Like someone here pointed out, don't take things so personally. Everyone has different tastes, opinions and outputs. Just read through the comments and try not to make it personal. ♡

This forum is about Madonna not me. That's sad if you truly think someone wanting to defend the motivations of someone else as being personal or about me. I don't have to say anything but I do because I want to. I choose to. I care if I think something false is being spread about her. Peace and Love♡♡

MDNA sympathizer.

I'm more of an MDNA empathizer. We're both boss ass bitches that aren't trying to be anything other than what we are (which is amazing) and people just can't hang with that. We're both headstrong, but emotional. Abrasive, yet soft. All encompassing really. I would say sorry bout it, but I'm not. :cool:

I'm more of an MDNA empathizer. We're both boss ass bitches that aren't trying to be anything other than what we are (which is amazing) and people just can't hang with that. We're both headstrong, but emotional. Abrasive, yet soft. All encompassing really. I would say sorry bout it, but I'm not. :cool:

:thumbsup:

I'm a Madonna lover and a Katypatra sympathiser

tumblr_mi4retEh9c1rdutw3o1_500.gif

Omg!! This made my day! I'm giggling like a school girl lol I love you too! :D ♡♡♡ Thanks for being so level-headed, nice and always happy and optimistic. I love boys like you!

Wow amazingly put!! I like the part where you said "...especially when your ears have been trained on masterpieces like Ray of Light and Erotica." Yes!! Thank you! My 16 year old straight brother loves it when I play Madonna in the car. But his reaction to MDNA was like "is this even Madonna?" To me it's not her DNA at all. I know she can do better.

However, I'm really happy that many people love MDNA! It would really break my heart if everyone didn't like it. I don't hate it. In fact I play many songs off MDNA a lot! GGW and TUTR Offer Nissi are my favorite remixes of all time!!

So I do understand that people who love MDNA get annoyed with fans like us who bitch about it. I don't want them to misunderstand me. As a devoted Madonna fan I LIKE MDNA a lot. I just know she can do better and Im looking forward to the new album.

I've been trying to get my 31 year old friend into ROL for 15 yrs and it never works......lol. She was a huge fan of the '80's and 90's stuff up until STR. ROL, Music, COADF and AL though?? Nope. She says those albums don't sound like Madonna to her at all. Every time I would play ROL (especially when it was newer) she would say "that's not REALLY Madonna". Of course I was then forced to break it down to her that the fact that it doesn't sound like Madonna to her, makes it SOOOO very Madonna. She slowly came around to some of HC because "it sounds like old Madonna not that weird techno bullshit", she was so so about MDNA.....until she saw the show with me in the triangle. It all changed after that.....lol. That experience + her own personal man drama made her really connect to the album. She would be texting me MDNA song quotes drunk late at night and I would think, shouldn't this be the other way around? Lol

The MDNA "haters" sound just like the HC haters used to sound. Exactly same arguments.......she was forced, busy, not passionate, contractural obligation etc. That seems to be the thing to say when one doesn't like a project very much themselves. There is a big difference between being on a time crunch and having no soul or passion about your work. Madonnas passionate about ALL of her work. I think us "MDNA sympathizers" aren't annoyed that some here are voicing their dislike of the album, it's more the implication that Madonna is half assed about her music, which I don't ever feel she has been.

Guest Rachelle of London

Only half of Madonna's ass was used in the making of MDNA.

You excited for the new album?

William Orbit in his little rant couldn't have been clearer that Madonna didn't put in the time, or simply didn't have the time, to make MDNA a great record. Madonna is human. Sometimes she makes mistakes and is less inspired. Sometimes (but of course only rarely) the quality of her work dips, and I think MDNA is an example of that. We also know for a fact that quite a few songs were actually demos originally written and recorded by other people, with minimal changes from Madonna. That might have worked in 1986 when Madonna got first pick of the best songs, but it's not going to make for a great album when the demos are rubbish like GGW and Some Girls. Even if you disregard all the evidence that Madonna wasn't as committed as usual, I think you only have to listen to the album to realise that, especially when your ears have been trained on masterpieces like Ray of Light and Erotica.

Of course, if you genuinely love the album and you respect my opinion that I'm not fond of it, fair enough. But I think MDNA-lovers are being called "apologists" because they often resort to false comparisons and twisted logic to defend the album, rather than the music itself. I'm talking about stuff like "If Like a Prayer took X amount of time to make, and MDNA took X+10 amount of time to make, MDNA can't be any worse than Like a Prayer" and that kind of argument. I also think people are looking for patterns where there aren't any, as in "Fans always criticise the latest album then start to love it when the next album comes out." There is no pattern. The fan reaction is specific to each album and the circumstances of its release.

Agreed. Very well said!

She's never recording another MDNA-style album just like she has never recorded any album that was similar to a previous work. With the exception of WTG which was more like TB left overs and not a proper album; not a single album was similar to an earlier one. The woman moves along and is not keen on looking back.

Are you ready to jump?

Get ready to jump.

Don't ever look back.

Oh, baby.