New album discussion: VENI VIDI VICI. Recording sessions possibly complete?

Guest Rachelle of London

No I don't mean a surprise I meant that they announced that a new single was on it's way today or something. An official announcement and then the hype can begin

She's from Cheshunt in Hertfordshire

I imagined her owning a chain of them. Walford Washaterias. She's a business woman after all.

:lol:

Yeah I actually do know that.

Just checking for our colonial cousins. Sometimes foreigners don't understand what posh really means.

But yes, a new single for summer would be great but what I want, what I really want are some great house remixes, ziggazigahhh!

Not the bleepy shit we've had recently.

No I don't mean a surprise I meant that they announced that a new single was on it's way today or something. An official announcement and then the hype can begin

That would definitely shut everyone up in here at least! :lol:

Bring it!!!

I'm listening to MDNA on cd in a recording studio and PLEASE FUCKING PLEASE ! Don't let Demo Castillon near the mixing board on the next album. It's criminal what he did. The sound compression is like being underwater, no depth, no subtility, no layers and Madonna's voice is thin, badly vocoded, compressed and almost irritating. He's probably the worst sound engineer ever. We already said it many times on Mnation, Orbit said it too but it can't be said enough though.

I'm listening to MDNA on cd in a recording studio and PLEASE FUCKING PLEASE ! Don't let Demo Castillon near the mixing board on the next album. It's criminal what he did. The sound compression is like being underwater, no depth, no subtility, no layers and Madonna's voice is thin, badly vocoded, compressed and almost irritating. He's probably the worst sound engineer ever. We already said it many times on Mnation, Orbit said it too but it can't be said enough though.

Madonna, do you read this?

Madonna, do you read this?

I'm gonna be very honest and i don't like to bad mouth anybody, but last week i was listening to Beautiful stranger with headphones and just after came i'm a sinner, two songs that i adore, so two similar tracks produced by the same producer but the second one mixed by Demo Castillon and honestly the difference is horrible. You'd think "I'm a sinner" is the one that was recorded 15 years ago and "Beautiful Stranger" the new one.

I'm gonna be very honest and i don't like to bad mouth anybody, but last week i was listening to Beautiful stranger with headphones and just after came i'm a sinner, two songs that i adore, so two similar tracks produced by the same producer but the second one mixed by Demo Castillon and honestly the difference is horrible. You'd think "I'm a sinner" is the one that was recorded 15 years ago and "Beautiful Stranger" the new one.

yeah i have to agree. i LOVE i'm a sinner but the sound quality is just...

:thumbsup:

Tweet Guy O.

You're right popeline.

I was listening to Some Girls today and an older friend of mine (a 48 y o doctor) was at my place and he said 'Is that Madonna? Oh dear it's not one of her best'

I love that song but popeline is right, the mixing and the altering of the vocals didn't do Madonna any favours

Instagram message Guy. I hardly think he bothers with twitter.

I certainly hope she listens about the mixing. There's always been a reason why (as much as I like it) I've felt like her vocals on most of MDNA sound like she's in a wind tunnel. Mainly I think there's just a distant feeling

Do you think we should/could join all together and contact Guy O about it or maybe even M via instagram or something ? I mean it's not a fan fantasy or something silly, it's something important and i think M herself would appreciate that we let her know that, she's a person who loves quality in her work and i think this feedback is important for her. The mixing is just not right, we are a lot to say the same, so i think it's still time to let her know by now before the final mixing of the knew album is done. At least we can try, it's a good intention.

Hate to post a link to TMZ but I thought this bit was interesting:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/06/madonna-met-gala-outfit-anna-wintour-instagram/

Who was she in the studio with, Naughty Boy?

We'll probably find out at the end of the week. That's usually her trend no? To spend the week working and post pix to instagram on Thursday or Friday night when she's done working with whoever.

Internet comments in general are awful, never take them personally :)

Anyway i did a research and it turns out Orbit was very vocal and precise about Demo Castillon in a Facebook rant i missed and apparently he adressed Guy O. directly about it

The part i missed from Orbit rants

"Great swathes of it taken up by the engineer and his assistant bouncing reverb tracks for hour after hour, night after night. Not to real tape or anything, where you could posit that there would be an advantageous sonic dividend (real tape can be magic) but all in the digital domain. A purely procedural thing. Although not a procedure I or any of my own colleagues in this game would want to squander time with.

I was just describing to a friend of mine, and whom I frequently work with Serban Ghenea (just look him up if you want to be awed) how it was done, and he thought I was kidding him!

And later in his apology letter
"That same day, and on receiving a dismayed email from Guy O, I followed up with a candid and much more to-the-point email back to him. Including a couple of other things that had been troubling me. It was just between us, and not public. As it should be.

I acknowledge that I erred in putting some of my concerns into the public sphere. No ifs and buts. I ought to know by now that even in a remote corner of the internet, if it mentions Madonna, it will be all over the place in seconds."

Hopefully Guy O. Got it.

TMZ is just awful period .

Those tmz comments are awful.

TMZ is a site that is built on negativity so of course that's all its going to attract.

Hell, that's true about most gossip sites these days.

Internet comments in general are awful, never take them personally :)

Anyway i did a research and it turns out Orbit was very vocal and precise about Demo Castillon in a Facebook rant i missed and apparently he adressed Guy O. directly about it

The part i missed from Orbit rants

"Great swathes of it taken up by the engineer and his assistant bouncing reverb tracks for hour after hour, night after night. Not to real tape or anything, where you could posit that there would be an advantageous sonic dividend (real tape can be magic) but all in the digital domain. A purely procedural thing. Although not a procedure I or any of my own colleagues in this game would want to squander time with.

I was just describing to a friend of mine, and whom I frequently work with Serban Ghenea (just look him up if you want to be awed) how it was done, and he thought I was kidding him!

And later in his apology letter

"That same day, and on receiving a dismayed email from Guy O, I followed up with a candid and much more to-the-point email back to him. Including a couple of other things that had been troubling me. It was just between us, and not public. As it should be.

I acknowledge that I erred in putting some of my concerns into the public sphere. No ifs and buts. I ought to know by now that even in a remote corner of the internet, if it mentions Madonna, it will be all over the place in seconds."

Hopefully Guy O. Got it.

I'm sure he got it. But nothing was solved. Demo did mix the audio for the tour DVD release.....