New album discussion: VENI VIDI VICI. Recording sessions possibly complete?

Those rumors are definitely based on the interview in which Pharrell mentioned his fight with Madonna in 2007. I guess some thought it happened in the past weeks.

Written by Mercy.

:lmao::lmao:

Of course MDNA is a collection of tracks. its the only album that doesn't have a "theme". MDNA=Madonna's DNA its a sort of a self homage to all her past work. Hence all the lyric references from past songs on the album, and the tour most of the songs were performed similar or in their original form, Papa Don't Preach, Express Yourself, Vogue, Human Nature, and Like a Prayer. They didn't have a "re-invention" which she has always done in the past.. That's why MDNA doesn't "flow"..

Of course MDNA is a collection of tracks. its the only album that doesn't have a "theme". MDNA=Madonna's DNA its a sort of a self homage to all her past work. Hence all the lyric references from past songs on the album, and the tour most of the songs were performed similar or in their original form, Papa Don't Preach, Express Yourself, Vogue, Human Nature, and Like a Prayer. They didn't have a "re-invention" which she has always done in the past.. That's why MDNA doesn't "flow"..

That's how I've always viewed MDNA as well as a kind of collection of various sounds and looks she's had throughout her career.

Also the return of Dita in certain ways in the GGW video and the religous themes of the tour.

During MDNA era she didn't really look that much different than she did in the previous 2 eras. Her hair was slightly differently styled, and that was pretty much it.I really hope that in this era she reinvents herself completely into Madonna we've never seen before ♡♡♡

I read an interesting take on this on another forum. Someone said that lots of pop girls like Rihanna etc. change their look all the time now so it's not the groundbreaking edgy unique thing as when Madonna used to do it. This writer said that really Madonna by not changing is being a non-conformist and going against the grain by not changing so much. I'm not sure if I agree or not, but it's an interesting take on the whole reinvention thing.

Although I would argue that there are slight, but noticeable differences between the looks and themes of HC and MDNA (hot cougar dance floor mama versus powerful, transgressive divorcee vixen), I think wanting her to reinvent just because she hasn't done so drastically in recent times is silly and goes against who she is at this point. Pop hoes of today will just "reinvent" their looks every so often, but it's never really organic. They just seem to change cuz they got a new single coming out, cuz they're in a new country, or just cuz it's fucking Tuesday. Madonna's eras almost always transitioned organically. The reinvention might have been shocking at first, but when you considered it in the context of her work, it made sense.

I just think if she's gonna do it, she should do it because she feels the need to do it, not just because people are tired of her blonde hair or her black clothes.

I'm not sure of many people's understanding of the MDNA album and era.

No, people don't get it at all. But, like what's happening with Hard Candy, they will be enlightened one day. :1251:

No, people don't get it at all. But, like what's happening with Hard Candy, they will be enlightened one day. :1251:

Yeah and this really bugs the fuck out of me.

[KatyPootra]I REALLY THUNK MADONNA NEEDS DARK HER FOR HER NEXT ALBUM. A TRUE REINVENTION. IF SHE DYES HER HAIR BROWN IMMA BUY AN EXTRA TEN COPIES OF THE ALBUM![/KatyPootra]

Although I would argue that there are slight, but noticeable differences between the looks and themes of HC and MDNA (hot cougar dance floor mama versus powerful, transgressive divorcee vixen), I think wanting her to reinvent just because she hasn't done so drastically in recent times is silly and goes against who she is at this point. Pop hoes of today will just "reinvent" their looks every so often, but it's never really organic. They just seem to change cuz they got a new single coming out, cuz they're in a new country, or just cuz it's fucking Tuesday. Madonna's eras almost always transitioned organically. The reinvention might have been shocking at first, but when you considered it in the context of her work, it made sense.

I just think if she's gonna do it, she should do it because she feels the need to do it, not just because people are tired of her blonde hair or her black clothes.

This is exactly how I feel about her look reinventions. Since she's embraced using wigs/extensions there's not the need to overhaul her overall look.

I would like to see her have a make under rather than a make over at this point. But that's just me looking at her from a hairdresser's perspective. Her overall demeanor lately seems more approachable and laid back, so her look should reflect that.

But,

Who the hell knows what she's actually writing about in her new songs. She can do anything, and she'll work what she's got regardless. There's always room for criticism. Lol

What about the new album being a concept album more so than HC or MDNA? I would rather have that with an incorporated reinvention that goes with the themes of the album, than just a new look for new look sake.

She unveiled Dita with Erotica, why not another persona? Would love to see a Ziggy like concept ala The Rise and Fall

I don't care for concept albums with fake personas. It just seems a little too pretentious for me.

I don't care for concept albums with fake personas. It just seems a little too pretentious for me.

Will not dare ask how you felt about: Strange Little Girls :)

I think a fake persona could work ( as long as their is some genuine thought and concept behind it, ala Dita ) rather than the usual shit: I am Mariah, I am Sasha Fierce..... No ladies your not, your just I am shit fake persona non grata.

I didn't know Madonna until Ray of Light. So I donno much about her personas before then. Vaguely remember watching You'll See and Take a Bow videos as a kid. She seemed like a rich, sophisticated madam to me. In Ray of Light era however, I remember her well. She seemed very much in tune with herself, especially her spiritual side. It was one of the most natural looks on Madonna, being Veronica Electronica. I also loved her during American Life. She was kinda masculine, bold and cool. The past few eras however, Madonna just kinda stayed the same. Which is cool. I love her as long as she is real with herself. She doesn't need to take upon any fake persona or anything. But!!! It would still be cool if she's moved forward in life in a way that her style shifted and she made new discoveries of what more she can be.

Edited by Katypatra

^ hahaha. .love it.

She never had fake personas, she, like any other human being out there, is a mix of contradictions and she has the possibility to explore it. Regular people can't change styles creatively that easily because we are stuck in a job and can't leave it even if you want to.

^ hahaha. .love it.

She never had fake personas, she, like any other human being out there, is a mix of contradictions and she has the possibility to explore it. Regular people can't change styles creatively that easily because we are stuck in a job and can't leave it even if you want to.

nicely put!

I didn't know Madonna until Ray of Light. So I donno much about her personas before then. Vaguely remember watching You'll See and Take a Bow videos as a kid. She seemed like a rich, sophisticated madam to me. In Ray of Light era however, I remember her well. She seemed very much in tune with herself, especially her spiritual side. It was one of the most natural looks on Madonna, being Veronica Electronica. I also loved her during American Life. She was kinda masculine, bold and cool. The past few eras however, Madonna just kinda stayed the same. Which is cool. I love her as long as she is real with herself. She doesn't need to take upon any fake persona or anything. But!!! It would still be cool if she's moved forward in life in a way that her style shifted and she made new discoveries of what more she can be.

:laugh: I never thought about it, but I guess if someone didn't know much about Madonna, I can see how they might see her this way during the pre-Evita and Evita era.

It depend on the artist. Some concept albums are amazing. Yeah, some are pretentious but not all of them.

While M's look is fabulous, it's always her music that resonated with people. I couldn't care less if she wears a banana skin for the next promotion.

Is Madonna re-working Animal for the new album?!?

2 weeks ago

And if you have something nice to say i might let you lace up my boots! #artforfreedom #rebelheart #revolutionoflove

437a049ec0bd11e39bf00002c99b113a_8.jpg

Think I would literally piss myself if she did. I love that song...it's great as it stands but with a few extra touches from M it would be utter magic. Love how it sizzles along like a more sexually aggressive version of Eroticaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During MDNA era she didn't really look that much different than she did in the previous 2 eras. Her hair was slightly differently styled, and that was pretty much it.I really hope that in this era she reinvents herself completely into Madonna we've never seen before ♡♡♡

From your lips to God's ears

So sick of her having the same hairstyle for so long.... she doesn't have to reinvent the wheel , just get a haircut for chrissakes.. its will grow back!!

I would like to see what she would look like now with Express Yourself hair.. I think it would look fantanstic... Like the MDNA tour video premiere

Remember when she wore the wig from the Jump video out in Japan and made world headlines cos people thought she had got a drastic haircut.... how long ago was that and it wasn't even real... omg she is so fuckin boring now!!!