New album discussion: VENI VIDI VICI. Recording sessions possibly complete?

LOL @ Heartbeat! It's true though. IMO her best vocals in HC album are in Voices, but it all gets ruined by Timbaland's horrid production.

Remember when Madonna told the story that Pharrell made her cry during the recording sessions? Apparently because she couldn't sing one note the way he wanted. We never found out which song that was but I always imagined that it must be Heartbeat because she's really trying to reach some impossible notes here '...the oooonlyyyy oooooneeee'

Remember when Madonna told the story that Pharrell made her cry during the recording sessions? Apparently because she couldn't sing one note the way he wanted. We never found out which song that was but I always imagined that it must be Heartbeat because she's really trying to reach some impossible notes here '...the oooonlyyyy oooooneeee'

Howard brought this up with him yesterday, but they only quickly touch on it...

7:15 in...

http://youtu.be/j8rSdXBOstU

Howard brought this up with him yesterday, but they only quickly touch on it...

7:15 in...

http://youtu.be/j8rSdXBOstU

Great find and interesting interview. Didn't Howard Stern hate on Madonna recently when Gaga was on his show? Anyway, I noticed that Pharrell told the story in a slightly different way than Madonna. :laugh: She said that he made her cry and she said 'You can't talk to me like that' and he said that it was the other way round and that's what he said to her. I loved the 'we have to talk upstairs'-bit...it's so Madonna.

Her voice in Heartbeat is horrendous

I can't listen to that song because of it.

"Heartbeat" is my fav track on HC. To me it's the best one, it's the track that has the perfect balance between pop & urban, it's the track that has the "Madonna factor". "Heartbeat" & "Animal" are the perfect balance for urban Madonna.

Heartbeat aint my cup of tea. It doesnt sound like Madonna at best. The best songs on HC are The Beat Goes On and Devil. She sounds amazing on both of them and if she had any sense thouse would ve been the first and the second singles. Clearly they were standing out. I know I ll get crusified but I really love Spanish Lesson...

Guest Rachelle of London

Heartbeat aint my cup of tea. It doesnt sound like Madonna at best. The best songs on HC are The Beat Goes On and Devil. She sounds amazing on both of them and if she had any sense thouse would ve been the first and the second singles. Clearly they were standing out. I know I ll get crusified but I really love Spanish Lesson...

Spanish lesson is a jam!

love Heartbeat and Incredible :wow:

It's incredible, unbelievable
It's incredible, unachievable
It's incredible, metaphysical
It's incredible

Sex with you is :inlove:

i want some neeewwwws :(

Guest Rachelle of London

Sex with you is ahhhh...is my favorite part on that whole damn album! Incredible is my jam.

It's one of the best songs of all time!

My dance company (pre-professional level dancers...) will be performing to Heartbeat at their annual recital with Central Park as their background :)

wow!!!!!!! remember to post vids!!!!!!

Miles Away is her worst performance ever! She's singing about something incredibly sad and she has that energetic voice as if she was singing about the Olympics.

I'm not talking about her "performance," I'm talking about the sound of her voice. It's not high-pitched, nasal, grating, or sped up the way it is on, for example, "4 Minutes," "Heartbeat," and "Girl Gone Wild."

I couldn't believe it when Madonna included Heartbeat in HC. The demo was being shopped around and ironically Madonna decided to record it.. The demo was pretty much the final version anyway.

It's a good song and i like the way it flows with the beat but it wasn't ground breaking or anything new.

Devil should have been the first single and shortened to just "Devil."

It still shocks me that the song was never released as a single. It's too damn good to have never been utilized. I'm sure there could have been a fantastic video too

Devil should have been the first single and shortened to just "Devil."

It still shocks me that the song was never released as a single. It's too damn good to have never been utilized. I'm sure there could have been a fantastic video too

Agreed. It's definitely my favorite song from HC and up there with my all favorite songs she's ever done. I really like the lyrics.

My friend (ok realistically, my fuck buddy) told me he was watching the MDNA tour on Netflix so I put it on and now I'm watching the workshop again...I fucking love seeing her during the workshops. She looks so cool.

:clap:

I just can't WAIT for something new from Madonna. I literally love her to fucking death. I can't right now. :wow:

Love the new thread title lol and heartbeat and BGO are my fav from HC

This is off topic Pablo but I started a thread of our favorite show Melrose Place in the Entertainment and Celebrity section of this forum

This is off topic Pablo but I started a thread of our favorite show Melrose Place in the Entertainment and Celebrity section of this forum

"Melrose Place is a really good show."

Heart Beat would need a lot of rework before I could say I actually like it.

Most of Hard Candy is an awful mess, the only great songs for me are Voices and Devil, but then the production on the whole album is dreadful...