Madonna Instagram Thread (June 2014 - part 1)

boy skeffington

The theme for tomorrow's Met Ball is "White tie and decorations".It might just be a hint,is sure hope so.

10299853_261802957334942_1013050065_n.jp

madonna Trust needs to be EARNED! #artforfreedom

Salvador Dali Brooch Sells for Nearly $150,000
It's certainly eye-catching - but it's price might bring a tear to your eye.
This three-inch long piece of jewellery in the shape of a human eye, designed by surrealist artist Salvador Dali, has just been sold for £96,000 ($150.000.00)
Called The Eye of Time, the exquisite brooch is made from diamonds and platinum that form the eye lids and a small gold watch in blue enamel that makes up the eye ball.
article-2381685-1B0F97F0000005DC-784_634
The original brooch, made by famed jewellers Alemany & Ertman in New York, was a gift for Dali's wife in 1949.
But, with the artist's permission, the company made several copies from his original designs.
The one for sale was bought by an Italian man in the 1950s and it has been passed down through his family ever since.
article-2381685-098B8FD4000005DC-510_306
The artists did not design that many pieces of jewellery
The piece went up for sale at auctioneers Dreweatts of Newbury, Berkshire, and had been expected to sell for £12,000.
But such was the interest in the extremely rare item, went for eight times that amount and was bought by a private watch collector from the US.
James Nicholson, head of jewellery at Dreweatts, said: 'Privately owned pieces of this calibre which have never been on the market before arouse considerable interest globally.
'The Dali brooch is a fantastic piece. He didn't design that many pieces of jewellery, probably about 20 in all, so whenever one comes on the market it is very rare.
'We don't know how many pieces like this were made but this is the first time one of this large size has come up for auction.
'I knew there would be a lot of interest in the piece but because it was so unusual there was no precedent for me to go on.
'It was very exciting in the sale room and moved very, very fast, everybody was shouting down the telephones trying to get their bids in, it was an electric atmosphere.
'There were people bidding from all over the world, from the USA, Europe, the UK and the far East.
'There was a lot of interest because some collectors specifically look for artist's jewellery.

'Eventually it sold to a private collector in the US and the vendor was absolutely thrilled and amazed.'

http://eclecticdealer.blogspot.com/2013/09/salvador-dali-brooch-sells-for-nearly.html

10299853_261802957334942_1013050065_n.jp

madonna Trust needs to be EARNED! #artforfreedom

It's absolutely beautiful. I love Dali's collaborations in fashion and jewellery.

10313591_10152418441744402_6885983928806

Its called the weekend. Thats when we play! The family that plays together prays together!

KEEP, KEEP TOGETHUH!

Salvador Dali Brooch Sells for Nearly $150,000

It's certainly eye-catching - but it's price might bring a tear to your eye.
This three-inch long piece of jewellery in the shape of a human eye, designed by surrealist artist Salvador Dali, has just been sold for £96,000 ($150.000.00)
Called The Eye of Time, the exquisite brooch is made from diamonds and platinum that form the eye lids and a small gold watch in blue enamel that makes up the eye ball.
article-2381685-1B0F97F0000005DC-784_634
The original brooch, made by famed jewellers Alemany & Ertman in New York, was a gift for Dali's wife in 1949.
But, with the artist's permission, the company made several copies from his original designs.
The one for sale was bought by an Italian man in the 1950s and it has been passed down through his family ever since.
article-2381685-098B8FD4000005DC-510_306
The artists did not design that many pieces of jewellery
The piece went up for sale at auctioneers Dreweatts of Newbury, Berkshire, and had been expected to sell for £12,000.
But such was the interest in the extremely rare item, went for eight times that amount and was bought by a private watch collector from the US.
James Nicholson, head of jewellery at Dreweatts, said: 'Privately owned pieces of this calibre which have never been on the market before arouse considerable interest globally.
'The Dali brooch is a fantastic piece. He didn't design that many pieces of jewellery, probably about 20 in all, so whenever one comes on the market it is very rare.
'We don't know how many pieces like this were made but this is the first time one of this large size has come up for auction.
'I knew there would be a lot of interest in the piece but because it was so unusual there was no precedent for me to go on.
'It was very exciting in the sale room and moved very, very fast, everybody was shouting down the telephones trying to get their bids in, it was an electric atmosphere.
'There were people bidding from all over the world, from the USA, Europe, the UK and the far East.
'There was a lot of interest because some collectors specifically look for artist's jewellery.

'Eventually it sold to a private collector in the US and the vendor was absolutely thrilled and amazed.'

http://eclecticdealer.blogspot.com/2013/09/salvador-dali-brooch-sells-for-nearly.html

I wonder if that means Madonna won that piece in the bidding. It's extraordinary.

Rocco looks like he's dyed his hair.

Nice abs, which I had of been that ripped at 13. Oh to have a private chef cook all your meals.

I wonder if that means Madonna won that piece in the bidding. It's extraordinary.

no, the brooch in the article has a completely blue face, the one M posted has a red pupil in the eye. It must be one of the copies made by the jewellers, which means it would be worth less. It's still a beautiful piece though, probably unique.

no, the brooch in the article has a completely blue face, the one M posted has a red pupil in the eye. It must be one of the copies made by the jewellers, which means it would be worth less. It's still a beautiful piece though, probably unique.

The brooch that already sold looks like it's from the same series, but I don't think it is the exact unique item in M's Instagram pic. The picture M posted is from a Sotheby's catalogue depicting a piece that will be up for sale on Thursday May 8th at Sotheby's New York auction house, estimated at USD $250,000-350,000:

SALVADOR DALI, The Eye of Time (1949, executed by 1951 by jewelers Alemany & Ertman, New York)

948N09140_7FZMH.jpg

Source: Sotheby's website, http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2014/impressionist-modern-art-day-sale-n09140/lot.198.html

Wow that photo is from very late '89 or very early '90. That's her Blond Ambition rehearsal/costume fittings hair. I didn't realise he died so close to the tour starting. That scene during the prayer from TOD where she bollocks everyone for bad behaviour and then gets emotional when dedicating that night's show to Keith 'who doesn't have the luxury of being alive like we do!' makes a lot of sense now.

Wow that photo is from very late '89 or very early '90. That's her Blond Ambition rehearsal/costume fittings hair. I didn't realise he died so close to the tour starting. That scene during the prayer from TOD where she bollocks everyone for bad behaviour and then gets emotional when dedicating that night's show to Keith 'who doesn't have the luxury of being alive like we do!' makes a lot of sense now.

He died February 16th 1990 so two months before the tour started.

Madonna's expressions of love for her friends who have passed away shows that she is sentimental and sensitive as well as being strong and fearless. I love her personality.

Rocco looks like he's dyed his hair.

Nice abs, which I had of been that ripped at 13. Oh to have a private chef cook all your meals.

he said he did but he could've been joking.. looks like it though