Is M's next single a "surefire" Top 10 hit?

She goes in cycles. The quicker people realize this and stop putting her in their little "box" they want her to be in, then maybe they can just enjoy the music (or not) and not worry that it doesn't sound like "this or that". The Madonna that you "fall in love with" will not be the same within five years. That's just how she rolls. That's never changed. She's not going to go back to being ROL Madonna because she's done that.....it's over, nor is she going to go back to "boy toy" Madonna (like some of the wannabes wanted during True Blue).

On a side note, I can't believe it's being suggested madonna needs to step it up because of Miley and katy.....I mean truly, I'm waiting on them to catch up to Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Falling Free, I'm A Sinner, Beautiful Killer etc.....and those are only the songs from her "bad" album.

That's true. But at the same time and this is what makes her so brilliant and an enduring icon, is there is a core that her and her music that stays the same. That makes her Madonna. She has an amazing ability to reinvent herself to keep people interested, but at the same time be true to herself. I don't feel like MDNA is that radical a change for her as to be jarring. There are echoes of her earlier albums in it and she has always been someone who has some fun lighthearted songs mixed with deeper ones.

She goes in cycles. The quicker people realize this and stop putting her in their little "box" they want her to be in, then maybe they can just enjoy the music (or not) and not worry that it doesn't sound like "this or that". The Madonna that you "fall in love with" will not be the same within five years. That's just how she rolls. That's never changed. She's not going to go back to being ROL Madonna because she's done that.....it's over, nor is she going to go back to "boy toy" Madonna (like some of the wannabes wanted during True Blue).

On a side note, I can't believe it's being suggested madonna needs to step it up because of Miley and katy.....I mean truly, I'm waiting on them to catch up to Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Falling Free, I'm A Sinner, Beautiful Killer etc.....and those are only the songs from her "bad" album.

Madonna is at the same time the girl who sings GGW and the woman who can sing Falling Free.

It's her artistic freedom to be all that...Some people are lost with that but I think it's great, you never know what's going on.

She will have time to release an album that will be entirely conventional, without challenging what people think of what a woman in her 50's must be.She will have time to do so whenever she wants it.

I don't see the comparison with Prism and the fact that it is full of singles. I think M's albums are full of potential singles too, they're just not exploited the way it used to be. Even in MDNA, many songs could have been singles and hits, but Madonna isn't 30 and radio won't support her in the same way than before.

She will keep on doing exactly what she wants though. She's brave and fierce, and she can be vulnerable too. Why complain ?

Of course we don't have (and we can't) like absolutely everything, but she keeps on entertaining us the way no other artist with this longevity had ever done. Never forget that !

That's true. But at the same time and this is what makes her so brilliant and an enduring icon, is there is a core that her and her music that stays the same. That makes her Madonna. She has an amazing ability to reinvent herself to keep people interested, but at the same time be true to herself. I don't feel like MDNA is that radical a change for her as to be jarring. There are echoes of her earlier albums in it and she has always been someone who has some fun lighthearted songs mixed with deeper ones.

:clap:

Should Madonna step up her game because of Lady Gaga? :chuckle:

Hmmmm never have I suggested that Madonna "should step up her game" because of Katy and Miley. I simply argued that those two artists are unfairly judged before they even get a chance. Of course Madonna is way ahead of both of them in EVERYTHING she does and both Miley and Katy know it. They respect Madonna and it's evident. Unlike Gaga, who only wanted to destroy Madonna's image and lied about "liking" her.

Plus Madonna obviously loves Miley and likes Katy. I think if both these girls stay in the light, Madonna will have no competition as far as her title goes. Gaga was the only one, after Britney Spears, who sort of declared to be a threat to Madonna's throne. Im referring to the Queen of Pop title.

Miley is trash? Could you be kind enough and tell me why you came to this type of conclusion?

Miley is trash? Could you be kind enough and tell me why you came to this type of conclusion?

She makes a living off of doing a Rihanna impersonation, everything from the try-hard raunchy antics to the goat yodel vocals to the throwaway music & the faux-rebel fashion & tattoos; shes a clone of an already problematic pop princess. She's an inauthentic opportunist, grasping at controversy to sell her 'new' image & shed her Disney affiliation. She's disgusting in every conceivable way and Madonna need not associate herself with the likes of her from this point forward. She's trash. Garbage. Waste. Junk. Litter.

Oh wow. OK. I don't see nothing Rihanna in her. I think Miley is actually similar to the 80s Madonna. Crazy, spontaneous, lighthearted. She just wants to be free, fun and sexy. Sticking her tongue out may not be everyone's favorite, but she's obviously being goofy doing it. She has some amazing ballads on her Bangerz album. You should check it out. As far as copying Rihanna, that's something you need to resolve on your own...

Edited by Katypatra

I like Rihanna. She loves Madonna btw and I think she makes great music. I doubt Miley copied her. At least not deliberately. If anything, Miley takes her lessons from mama Madonna.

It won the grammy? Awesome. But Madonna was still banned by Clear Channel during COTDF. So her singles didn't play on major radio stations in US up until MDNA.

There was no ban by any company. Let's not sound delusional. Other companies didn't play the singles much either. Not all radio stations in the country are CC stations. Lol. Some of Hung Up's top supporters were Clear Channel stations actually. The concert division of Clear Channel, which was later spun off and became Livenation, produced Re-Invention tour. Why would they ban one of the artists they were working with.

There is real information on Madonna being banned by Clear Channel for 8 years after the controversial release of American Life album and anti - American message in a video.

Edited by Katypatra

There is real information on Madonna being banned by Clear Channel for 8 years after the controversial release of American Life album and anti - American message in a video.

No, there is no such thing. I wonder where in the world you find all these things. :manson:

She's been the most or one of the most played artists on CC AC stations for like forever. All big radio companies ignore her new music. CBS top40 stations didn't even bother to play GMAYL even once.

Wasn't the "ban" just a myth made up by fans to explain why Madonna's airplay was falling? I know someone like HolidayGuy had statistics about how her older material was still played regularly on Clear Channel stations, thus proving that the ban didn't exist.

As for "Gang Bang", Madonna herself said that she didn't think it would work as a single because it wouldn't be played on the radio. "Love Spent" was a missed opportunity. TUTR was the popular choice when Guy sought feedback on Twitter about the next single.

GMAYL was widely praised by various blogs/music news sites worldwide when it leaked. It was really only in the forums that it was trashed. If Guy based his opinion on what he was reading in the news, then he (quite rightly) would have believed that it was well received. It's as catchy as hell and deserved to be a much bigger hit than it actually was.

Guest Rachelle of London

I never heard anyone praise GMAYL :lmao: the song deserved what it got tbh.

I don't recall a ban from CC either.

I like Rihanna. She loves Madonna btw and I think she makes great music. I doubt Miley copied her. At least not deliberately. If anything, Miley takes her lessons from mama Madonna.

Logging Out

To log out click the "Sign Out" link at the top of the screen from any page.

GMAYL was widely praised by various blogs/music news sites worldwide when it leaked. It was really only in the forums that it was trashed. If Guy based his opinion on what he was reading in the news, then he (quite rightly) would have believed that it was well received. It's as catchy as hell and deserved to be a much bigger hit than it actually was.

Sorry GMAYL is the worst lead single Madonna has ever released. Its one of her weakest songs and sounds like a teenager wrote and sang it. The lyrics are dreadful, the production is horrible, the cheerleader chants were just plain awful and her vocals are over processed. It should have been a Superbowl song and not the lead single. It basically killed MDNA. They should have gone with Love Spent or I'm Addicted as the fist single.

Logging Out

To log out click the "Sign Out" link at the top of the screen from any page.

You think you're so clever, but I actually pity you. Based on your avatar you should be a bit more mature. It's sad that people like you infest Madonna forums and in some way represent her on here. You insinuate hate by your sarcastic replies. Sometimes you even cross the line and go as far as suggesting rape (in your earlier post). I tried to turn it into a joke. Intentionally replied with "how dare you" kind of attitude provoking people to laugh on my expense, all in good humor. But it seems you don't get it. And Im not even arguing against this particular post to which I am replying. I am simply concerned with the whole atmosphere on this forum. Yes I can always leave. I am a member at other places where passion for Madonna shared without ever anyone being hateful or disrespectful. But what good will it do if I leave? Other newbies will come and be just as confused. There are few 24/7 trolls on here who think they own this forum. They are rude and sarcastic. Which by the way, are signs of personal instability in self esteem and neurological health. I don't want these kind of people representing Madonna and who she is! I don't want ex-Gaga fans to come across this forum only to find that Madonna has the most terrible, impolite, immature fans herself, worse than little monsters!

Sorry GMAYL is the worst lead single Madonna has ever released. Its one of her weakest songs and sounds like a teenager wrote and sang it. The lyrics are dreadful, the production is horrible, the cheerleader chants were just plain awful and her vocals are over processed. It should have been a Superbowl song and not the lead single. It basically killed MDNA. They should have gone with Love Spent or I'm Addicted as the fist single.

I always thought that GMAYL was a message written for all the new Madonna wannabes. "I see you coming and I don't wanna know your name", "May be you'll do fine if you don't lie to me and pretend to be what you're not", "In another place at a different time you could be my Lucky Star", "You have all the LUV, I gave you everything you need"...

I thought the demo was catchy. Without the rap it actually sounds pretty good.

Obviously I do Chelle!! Seriously! Now if you don't mind, help me please. I need to know how does one post a picture on this forum?

Guest Rachelle of London

Obviously I do Chelle!! Seriously! Now if you don't mind, help me please. I need to know how does one post a picture on this forum?

You should have a little square In your toolbar that allows you to post a pic. Just insert the link.