Is M's next single a "surefire" Top 10 hit?

Look at Katy Perry. Have you guys listened to her album Prism? Pretty much every song on there could be a single. She has already 3 hit singles with great videos and plans on more. She will definitely have at least 5 singles. Last time Madonna had 5 singles was during Ray of Light era. I really hope Madonna does something amazing this time. Songs have to connect with people lyrically, must sound unique and creative. I always think back at Believe by Cher. She was in her 50s when that song became a huge hit. Madonna CAN pull it off. She just needs to really want it. She was lazy working on MDNA and it showed. I love Madonna and I think she wont just put her voice on tracks just to sell. I think this time she really digs deep down inside her creative soul.

Also, I know many of you don't like Miley Cyrus but I bought her album bangerz and I was surprised by the richness of the lyrics. I could relate to them. Especially love "Do My Thang" and "Someone Else". Miley kinda reminds me of Madonna in the 80s. Very carefree, fun and not heavy and snobby like Gaga. If Madonna features Miley on one of her songs it'd be fun!!

If Madonna has a #1 single with her next album, she'll set 2 big world records

The oldest female act to have a #1 single on the Hot 100

The ONLY ARTIST in Billboard chart history to have a #1 single on the Hot 100 in 4 different decades

If she gets another top 10 single she'll EXTEND her record of the most top 10 hits in Hot 100 history with 39.

It'll be only the FIFTH single released by a female artist to go top 10 in chart history Madonna would also become the only female artist to have multiple top 10 hits on the Hot 100 in their 50s the other being GMAYL

If the album debuts at #1 Madonna will set another new record as the female artist with the most CONSECUTIVE # albums in history with 6.

She'll also tie Streisand as the female artist with the most #1 albums in general with 9.

Amazingly Cher never had a #1 or #2 peaking album.

I care about the quality. I think GMAYL was a tragic first single choice. I hope she chooses singles wisely next time around. Especially with the lead single.

I like GMAYL and even GGW has grown on me but TUTR can still kiss my ass

Curious to know why. I can see why some hate GGW (the vocals, the lyrics), and I know why I dislike GMAYL, but why the hate for TUTR? At worst it's just boring, no?

Curious to know why. I can see why some hate GGW (the vocals, the lyrics), and I know why I dislike GMAYL, but why the hate for TUTR? At worst it's just boring, no?

TUTR is mindnumbingly SOULLESS. I can feel my brain cells committing suicide.

TUTR is easily one of her best tracks.

I agree. I wish it had been the first single instead of GMAYL. It might have been if it hadn't been for the Super Bowl. It's classic Madonna, whereas GMAYL even though I like it (even though I know most fans hate it) has that weird semi-surf rock sound and the chanting, not really what people associate with Madonna.

TUTR is a decent song,but I would not have chosen it as a single.It lacks that certain *something*.Fun song,but a little too lightweight.

But a lot of successful radio singles tend to be lightweight fun pop songs.

TUTR could've been a hit had it been promoted properly or lead single.

I love TUTR. It is such a carefree infectious and catchy song about how music can make you feel better and lift your mood. Not all songs have to be serious and have profound deep meanings. I feel the video did not fit the song though somehow even though Madonna looked beautiful.

Actually the reason TUTR is not a favorite among most Madonna fans is because it's way too repetitive both in melody and lyrics. I love how it starts, interesting sound and promising lyrics, but it's almost unbearable once it hits the chorus. It makes no sense why she keeps saying to turn up the radio, because nothing happens.

Actually the reason TUTR is not a favorite among most Madonna fans is because it's way too repetitive both in melody and lyrics. I love how it starts, interesting sound and promising lyrics, but it's almost unbearable once it hits the chorus. It makes no sense why she keeps saying to turn up the radio, because nothing happens.

I agree,the song starts in an interesting way,but it soon becomes repetitive and lackluster.It's just not a really exciting song.

The problem with TUTR is that it does not sound like a Madonna song to me. I know that many will disagree because a) there is no formula for THE Madonna song because she taps into all genres and b) it's a catchy dance song, so what is there not to like?

Well, first of all, it is soulless (as someone pointed out already). Both lyrics and melody are weak, especially the chorus. Then it does sound like an exact copy of Solveig's 'Hello'. I never understood why so many fans wanted it as the first or second single. Don't get me started on the horrible live version.

Even though Girl Gone Wild sounds more cheap and generic in nature, I prefer it to TUTR because of the classic Madonna intro and it's just more catchy and fun overall.

How many times are people going to call songs cheap and generic ? Every second post at other Madonna forums waffle on about her cheap, generic songs and lack of passion all of the time. Maybe, people don't like certain songs but these constant over-used expressions are too much.

I agree.

should be called Poop on the Radio

The only good part about TUTR is the beginning, but once you get to the chorus it's dreadful, boring, and repetitive. That's the one song off MDNA that I can't even listen to anymore.

Just can't deal with the chorus. At least GMAYL is fun (especially the demo) and GGW is a good dance song, TUTR feels like it doesn't even make sense.

tutr chorus is repetitive and unimaginative and the video was a lost chance at a classic beautiful italian video, but the song was amazing live, i felt so much energy when she was playing it in helsinki...