Is M's next single a "surefire" Top 10 hit?

Ray of Light or Frozen in sure WB were anything but worried....

Madonna hasn't had such killer first and second singles since the days of Like a Prayer!!!

Both songs made sure ROL was the hottest album to buy in 1998.

Ray of Light or Frozen in sure WB were anything but worried....

Madonna hasn't had such killer first and second singles since the days of Like a Prayer!!!

Both songs made sure ROL was the hottest album to buy in 1998.

IDIOT

Guest bluejean

I think it will in the US because they'll have some radio deal to get it played initially.

I also think she could be due for a comeback in the UK. Maybe not on radio but if she launches a good track and creates some buzz it'll sell on iTunes. Was Celebration played on radio there? That charted really high.

I think it will in the US because they'll have some radio deal to get it played initially.

I also think she could be due for a comeback in the UK. Maybe not on radio but if she launches a good track and creates some buzz it'll sell on iTunes. Was Celebration played on radio there? That charted really high.

Celebration was massive on UK radio.

Madge looked invincible in the UK until "MDNA." I don't think she's guaranteed to go top 10 anywhere anymore.

WB wanting "ROL" sounds right.

Am I the only person who was on the Madonna Mailing List back in December 1997 when the news about the Warners execs from around the world all wanting "Frozen" broke...??

Am I the only person who was on the Madonna Mailing List back in December 1997 when the news about the Warners execs from around the world all wanting "Frozen" broke...??

I never heard of WB wanting ROL as first single. NEVER.

You are right. Back then I used to get info from some site in Singapore (they even leaked Frozen before everyone) and I was part of a digest which may have been the Madonna Mailing List. ROL was what M wanted not WB, but later WB compromised and made it the 2nd single.

I never heard of WB wanting ROL as first single. NEVER.

You are right. Back then I used to get info from some site in Singapore (they even leaked Frozen before everyone) and I was part of a digest which may have been the Madonna Mailing List. ROL was what M wanted not WB, but later WB compromised and made it the 2nd single.

The Singapore Madonna Link - I remember it well! It was run by a guy called Jason Goh, who was an extremely active member of the Madonna Mailing List (which was the source of the digest - you could either sign up to receive each individual email as they arrived or just a daily digest). All hell broke loose when a radio station in Singapore played "Frozen" before they were allowed to, but, of course, the rest of the planet was grateful when Jason uploaded it to his site (although there were concerns that he would be arrested).

As for the song itself, it lead to a massive meltdown on the list, with some (overly dramatic) contributors claiming that it was "her worst song ever" and that it would "be an even bigger flop than 'Human Nature' in the US!" Some of you might think I'm exaggerating, but I'm not. Anyway, mnino, I'm glad you remember that Warners definitely wanted "Frozen"!

Madonna is the queen of radio here in the U.K.

She was the most played artist of the decade between 2000-2009!

All her new songs get massive spins along with her back catalogue.

The ONLY exception to that rule was 2012....we're her presence literally, died.

GMAYL sank without a trace.

But I'm confident her new songle will be all over the radio!

Ok, that's huge...

and what about the last MDNA singles ?

Not even top 20

BUT it was the first time in her entire career she's fallen off the radar here in the UK.

The new single will definely tear up the charts again.

• 2 weeks later...