Is M's next single a "surefire" Top 10 hit?

Was just thinking...

Now that Billboard takes YouTube views and other streaming clicks into account when tabulating their Top 100 Charts, will the first single from Madonna's next album give her another Top 10?

Assuming Guy O' convinces her to make a GREAT buzz worthy video that people will want to watch, the views will be there.

But, I guess my question is how many points does a video get from a view?

Nope. Could go either way to be honest.

I still think she could score a massive hit but after the MDNA disaster for singles, I know that she could also end up with a few singles failing to chart. Depends on the songs and the mood of the buying public towards her.

I think it depends more on its biggest sales week on itunes. If the song is great and clicks with her hardcore fan base along with casual fans I think it could really do okay.

And if she performs it on some high profile award/music show.

Its a shame GMAYL was such an awful lead single because all the stars were aligned for Madonna to have a massive hit. She had a radio deal that played the song every hour on the hour. The Super Bowl. The exposure was more than there, but all it exposed was how bad the song was in terms of what we should get from a LEAD single to a Madonna album.

Wow the negativity in this thread is crazy!

If GMAYL can go top 10, then surely a much better lead single could

And streaming views will only help her.

The stars were not aligned for her to have a massive hit; acts in their 50s- and don't use Cher's "Believe" as an example, as that was a fluke- do not score huge hits.

A top 10 is not a sure thing by any means.

The charts are not so important but they are fun to discuss, especially since M has been so successful with the general public buying her albums & singles.

I think it would be a great achievement for her to have another massive single at 55/56 years old, but if it flops-- who cares as long as the song is good!! I thought Miles Away was a lovely pop song, but it apparently performed poorly besides in Japan.

GMAYL was top ten because of a deal with ClearChannel, and ONLY because of that. The likelihood of her having another radio hit isn't very good - but she could make music that got people's attention regardless of singles success. People are still clearly interested in what she does.

Guest Not4Pussies

Uhm yes, its very possible. She has scored a top ten hit since coadf. Even gmayl was a top ten hit. If the buzz is positive, theres good word of mouth, her management plays it right and the song is good. Yes she can!!

I hope she proves you all wrong.

GMAYL was top ten because of a deal with ClearChannel, and ONLY because of that. The likelihood of her having another radio hit isn't very good - but she could make music that got people's attention regardless of singles success. People are still clearly interested in what she does.

Well what was the difference in chart points between 11 and 10 at the time? Her radio play wasn't THAT massive when it went to #10 I don't believe. I remember it ended up selling much more than we thought its first week on iTunes.

As for Madonna's age yes that obviously hinders her from getting any kind of radio play, but if anyone CAN cross that barrier its Madonna, because I honestly believe even though so many people act like they loathe her, she is still a big enough name among top 40 listeners to the point that if she does release something amazing they will tune in at some point.

Madonna is way more relevant among younger people than any of her contemporaries by miles if you ask me.

No. I think her future success with the public will be contingent on her advancing some sort of zeitgeist. Of course, if there's one pop star who can be the IT Girl (lady) again it's M. However, I agree with others that the success of the next single (and your direct question) with depend on management and marketing regardless of quality.

I don't think anything on any single chart is a surefire thing, not even in the UK. And I never thought we would see M flop so badly in the UK where basically everything went Top Ten, some song even twice or three times (LOL). But with MA it changed and it continued with MDNA.

Looking at other people like MC it really will be hard for M to score a hit. But I learned over the years to never count Madonna out, NEVER! She always comes back and surprises people, maybe the next album will do that again.

it depends on how much you and skin stay on the pc viewing and viewing the song on youtube..... :comp:

Bitch, don't come at me! :lol:

I may or may not go crazy and watch the video over and over but I ain't repeating all day just for chart success. I'd watch it cause I genuinely love the video. Maybe I won't even care enough (in terms of chart success) and I'd just enjoy the single/album/videos.

It all depends on the song, I guess.

Guest Sweet Tooth

It could happen with the right promo & some of that payola! I would love to see a 39th top ten hit from the Queen.

Never say never and anything is possible. GMAYL was tailored made to coincide with the Super Bowl , a cheerleader song. It didn't click because it was really an ok buzz song that did not connect. I am confident that this time around she has the drive and passion to make sure her first single from the album will make a huge impact. The build up using Instagram is proof.

Can it become a top ten hit? Of course it can. The question of the single being a surefire top ten hit is a stupid question. It's been quite some time since madonna's singles have been "surefire" hits, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Without support from the label a lead single would probably perform like Celebration, with support more like GMAYL. I believe that the label will push it and it will have a radio deal, at least for the first days. Which means that it is a surefire Top 40 and anything more than that depends on how the public receives it.

She's really going to struggle to get a hit in the UK. Her stock is down and Radio One won't play her new music.

The lead single is crucial to the albums success.

She needs another Frozen or Hung Up, something that connects with the general public and her fanbase. Her team need to set up some decent promo as well. A few tv interviews and performances and a couple of mini promo shows.