Natalia Kills vs. Avicii

Avicii vs Natalia  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Whose music do you prefer?

• Avicii
    • Natalia Kills

Whose work do you prefer and whose work do you think blends better with Madonna's?

I like both to be fair and I like the idea of her working with both of them and then injecting her unique Madonna stamp on it.

Although I think on balance I've probably played Truth more than Trouble. I'm not really familiar with Natalia's first record.

This is tough. I wouldn't say I've been blown away by anything either of them did solo (or Avicii's collabs). However, strangely, I feel like there are elements in their musical repertoire that Madonna could potentially mold to her central axis quite effectively. Natalia has more "edginess" in my opinion, but Avicii seems more versatile. I like that she is varying her styles. I still wouldn't mind seeing Daft Punk in the picture at some point.

I love dance music, but none of them does the kind of dance I like... However I think this album could very well be great or not that great depending on how much she is involved with it... I think this could really show her involvement: If the album ends up being totally great and it brings the best in Avicii and Natalia we ll be able to proove she has the midas touch when she puts her heart into a musical project...

Another thing that would be a big plus for this project: if her voice is not overworked: I really look forward to vocals ala Falling Free and ROL.

I m used to being unsure with Madonnas collaborations: I never expected Stuart Price to end up being probably her best collaborator... Especially after Xtatic Process. But they really brought the best out of them... On the other hand I expected Mirwais to be better then Orbit when she chose him over Orbit for Music: but I have to say their collaboration is probably one of my least favourite... There are other examples of people I expected something else and got smth totally different: like Martin Solveig. I actually had quite high hopes for this collaboration, because I liked his music quite alot, but it ended up being totally hit and miss: while BKiller was killer, GMAYL wasnt...etc. So I really dont know what we will get. With Madonna, even the prior musical output of her collaborators isnt very telling if she is heavily involved.

Neither of them but if I had to choose, then it would be Natalia. What I 'like' about both is that they are versatile. Avicii has done some pure pop songs which do not fall in an EDM category and I like that. Natalia can switch from Lady Gaga b-sides to dark industrial stompers like "Controversy". I hope to see more of the latter

What I love about Natalia is that she uses elements from Industrial music to make listenable Pop. Industrial is a route that Madonna hasen't taken much in her most recent electronica albums. I hear tiny elements of Industrial in the ROL album, especially in "Skin". Industrial could be huge potential for Madonna to make an album that isn't mainstream electronica.

What I love about Natalia is that she uses elements from Industrial music to make listenable Pop. Industrial is a route that Madonna hasen't taken much in her most recent electronica albums. I hear tiny elements of Industrial in the ROL album, especially in "Skin". Industrial could be huge potential for Madonna to make an album that isn't mainstream electronica.

I AGREE. I have longed for M to take that route forever. Not full-on industrial but let's face it, "Candy Perfume Girl" was the fucking shit! I want a grinding, dirty industrial pop album from this woman. I don't think Avicii will be the one to bring it though.

Natalia Kills tracks are so outdated. Mirrors is basically a cover of Just Dance. Madonna not better come back with the 2008 sound of The Fame (Gaga)..

Not only does she need to take a direction she's never taken in the past, she'll also need to take a direction no one's ever taken before.

Avicii is more convicing in that respect as his sound is relatively new and he might have a few tricks left but Natalia Kills doesn't rock my boat. I'm just hoping she's become a better song writer through the years.. which makes me wonder why a singer/songwriter would give their best work away when they can easily use it for themselves!? I mean Justin Timberlake and Timbland did just that when they recorded Hard Candy.

I still don't know who this Natalia girl is, so I'm going with the Avicci person. Could someone please pm me her albums so I can catch myself up?

Plz and thankyou

Natalia Kills tracks are so outdated. Mirrors is basically a cover of Just Dance. Madonna not better come back with the 2008 sound of The Fame (Gaga)..

Not only does she need to take a direction she's never taken in the past, she'll also need to take a direction no one's ever taken before.

Avicii is more convicing in that respect as his sound is relatively new and he might have a few tricks left but Natalia Kills doesn't rock my boat. I'm just hoping she's become a better song writer through the years.. which makes me wonder why a singer/songwriter would give their best work away when they can easily use it for themselves!? I mean Justin Timberlake and Timbland did just that when they recorded Hard Candy.

I don't really think it's possible in 2014 to create some new direction or kind of music that no one has ever done before. That just seems a ridiculous standard to me. To me music can be good even if it may be similiar to other artists or other songs.

First of all, if you're a singer/songwriter, you're not giving your work away if someone else records it. You're being paid for your work in writing a song for someone or with someone in this case. If you're someone like Natalia, who isn't super famous, you could record the best song in the world and it might not be a hit just because you aren't a superstar. Why wouldn't you want to write with someone like Madonna which would give your music a much bigger audience? Makes perfect sense to me. It's a little different than Timberlake and Timbaland because they're much more famous than Natalia. A lot of artists combine writing for themselves with writing with or for other people in their careers. The more avenues for your creativity you pursue the more chance people get to hear your talent and your music.

I don't really think it's possible in 2014 to create some new direction or kind of music that no one has ever done before. That just seems a ridiculous standard to me. To me music can be good even if it may be similiar to other artists or other songs.

First of all, if you're a singer/songwriter, you're not giving your work away if someone else records it. You're being paid for your work in writing a song for someone or with someone in this case. If you're someone like Natalia, who isn't super famous, you could record the best song in the world and it might not be a hit just because you aren't a superstar. Why wouldn't you want to write with someone like Madonna which would give your music a much bigger audience? Makes perfect sense to me. It's a little different than Timberlake and Timbaland because they're much more famous than Natalia. A lot of artists combine writing for themselves with writing with or for other people in their careers. The more avenues for your creativity you pursue the more chance people get to hear your talent and your music.

:thumbsup:

Picked Avicii as well but still need to hear Natalia's songs more closely to make a fair judgement. She appears to have some tracks that sound like they have good potential.

Too be honest with myself, I'm getting a little sick of the overproduced dance music that now seems like it has been going on for way too long. In my fantasy world, I was hoping that M interest in pussy riot would get out of her a guitar driven punk track. I know someone mentioned candy perfume girl which is an awesome song or even like the original I love NY sound is a nice change from commercial electronic music.

As long as it is a true collaboration and Madonna isn't just phoning in vocals, I'm down for it.

She hasn't done that on past albums so I don't expect her to start doing that now.

And Natalia is a singer/songwriter while Avicii is a producer. Kind of weird to compare the two.

Neither! Both are bad choices. We need to contact Madonna and her manager on twitter and Instagram telling them to get rid of these people and start over.

tumblr_mgqn2xw3C91r5ls6go1_500.gif