BRAND NEW MADONNA ALBUM: Official Thread.

Guest bluejean

Probably logic? There's no way Madonna would have expected or wanted to give up 50% writing credit for that sample. Didn't she say Stuart talked her into keeping the sample?

Probably logic? There's no way Madonna would have expected or wanted to give up 50% writing credit for that sample. Didn't she say Stuart talked her into keeping the sample?

Didn't she fly to Sweeden to play it to them personally and ask? They don't usually allow samples. She got her own way but obviously she was in a generous mood. (or they knew they had a hit on their hands and said 50/50 or nothing). It would've been great to be a fly on the wall at the meeting.

^ I think she said she sent an assistant. (Because in one interview, she was quick to add that it was a FEMALE assistant, and then made jokes about her most "fetching" assistant.)

Could be recalling incorrectly, but that's what I remember.

^ I think she said she sent an assistant. (Because in one interview, she was quick to add that it was a FEMALE assistant, and then made jokes about her most "fetching" assistant.)

Could be recalling incorrectly, but that's what I remember.

Ah youre probably right. I might've read a twisted version in bloody heat magazine.

Sorry, and you'd say this based on what insights into their thinking exactly? Your psychic connection with them?

Andersson 'Well we had this wonderful letter from her. I framed it. Very sweet. Her assistant came over to Stockholm with a CD and we played it. And we thought the record was great. But also realising that without the 'Gimme! Gimme!' thing in it, it wouldn't have been so great. So we said, "Well, fine, of course you can. But we just split the copyright, half-half."'

Notice I said "I'd say", although perhaps you would have found my comments easier to accept if I'd been a bit clearer and said "In my opinion" :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Well, she may have asked them personally (on the phone or something?) -- I just recall the bit about sending an assistant to play the track. And you're right -- they very rarely allow samples, so it was a victory that they allowed it. In all the press interviews, Madonna was very gracious and gushing about how much a fan she is/has been of ABBA, etc. So she didn't come across as bitter about the transaction. However, I'm sure she would have preferred to have kept more of the writing credits if possible.

The sample does add to the song's catchy quality, but ... 50% seems a bit high. The song can stand on its own without the sample (even though it enhances it considerably). And the funny part is that the sample is from a very interstitial sequence of "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)" ... i dare say that the sample used isn't integral to the original ABBA composition. I mean, it's a part that stands out quite a bit, but ... it's not really necessary. So odd that they would insist on half the writing credits.

Oh well. On with the new album discussion ... Sorry to go off topic a bit here.

Andersson 'Well we had this wonderful letter from her. I framed it. Very sweet. Her assistant came over to Stockholm with a CD and we played it. And we thought the record was great. But also realising that without the 'Gimme! Gimme!' thing in it, it wouldn't have been so great. So we said, "Well, fine, of course you can. But we just split the copyright, half-half."'

Notice I said "I'd say", although perhaps you would have found my comments easier to accept if I'd been a bit clearer and said "In my opinion" :thumbsup:

Ah! A letter ... that's right. I knew there was some other contact before the assistant.

Madonna and her letters. She loves letters, and I love that about her. :inlove:

i don't understand all the commotion about this Roysopp/Robyn tune. I have heard it and it's nothing new... it's a great track don't get me wrong and possibly better than a lot of crap going on right now but it's nothing we haven't heard before... it reminds me an awful lot of other dance tracks; same with the actual melody.. somehow reminds me of another song (can't remember title now though).

Yes it's nothing new. However it does highlight what can be achieved with good production. It's a record that can easily cross boundaries between pop audiences and the more discerning ear. Something Madonna has not managed to do since Coadf.

i don't understand all the commotion about this Roysopp/Robyn tune. I have heard it and it's nothing new... it's a great track don't get me wrong and possibly better than a lot of crap going on right now but it's nothing we haven't heard before... it reminds me an awful lot of other dance tracks; same with the actual melody.. somehow reminds me of another song (can't remember title now though).

I'm with you. It's not bad, and I like its darkness, but it's not anything that blew me away.

NOT official info, but I just wanted to add that I think M headed back to LA. The Instagram accounts of her trainers show pics with a jet at LA airport. So, maybe more recording?

Maybe she's going to record tracks with Avicii.. i mean is it possible Madonna is just writing songs with some people( natalia Kills, mozella, symbolic one..) and leave the entire production to Avicii? Do we believe there's more to come from Avicii in terms of production or we already heard the best work from him?

Yes it's nothing new. However it does highlight what can be achieved with good production. It's a record that can easily cross boundaries between pop audiences and the more discerning ear. Something Madonna has not managed to do since Coadf.

i just listened to the 1m snippet and so far it sounds like many underground tracks. I like it, but I don't think it's special or different from what we've heard for years now. let's say it sounds like a very good produced track. I love the subtle elements and the clarity. you can tell the producer is a perfectionist... but other than that.. eh..then again I'm judging a snippet. maybe the full thing has a huge chorus, idk..

The full track is a nearly 10 minutes long so this will probably build and change as it goes along. Judging this 1:30 minute track is VERY hard, but I do love what I've heard so far! Gorgeous production, awesome vocals and vocal production and cool lyrics which aren't as dim witted as 90% of the pop or dance music that is in the charts right now!

where can i hear this track that everyone here and facebook is talking about? send me a link please so i can catch myself up.

i just listened to the 1m snippet and so far it sounds like many underground tracks. I like it, but I don't think it's special or different from what we've heard for years now. let's say it sounds like a very good produced track. I love the subtle elements and the clarity. you can tell the producer is a perfectionist... but other than that.. eh..then again I'm judging a snippet. maybe the full thing has a huge chorus, idk..

That's exactly what a good first single has to have (along with a great production). A big chorus with a strong melody. GMAYL totally lacks it.

I really can't wait until the new single drops ! I'm sure we will have new music by the summer and i'm certain it will be really good. I didn't feel this way for her last two albums but this time i just know it. I can feel it's gonna be something warm, with a kind of summer vibe, a feel good track, but deep at the same time. I feel it's gonna be a perfect balance between everything - dance & pop - electronic & real instruments - and also i'm sure a surprising particular music genre will be part of the track (country, folk, banjo, i don't know something kinda unusual). This my prediction !

That's exactly what a good first single has to have (along with a great production). A big chorus with a strong melody. GMAYL totally lacks it.

Well, GGW has a strong hook and big chorus, but overall the track is still shit.

Well, GGW has a strong hook and big chorus, but overall the track is still shit.

Yes, and that's because of the lame and generic production.

Guest Rachelle of London

Is GGW gonna be on the new album? Why is it being discussed so much. It's 2014 now. Look forward to the new stuff!