BRAND NEW MADONNA ALBUM: Official Thread.

Mozella's music that is on youtube is kind of laid back groove based R&B. Reminds me of some stuff from Bedtime Stories.

There was that interview where Madonna was quoted as saying she wanted to try a more organic R&B sound. Mozella's music seems to fit right in with that.

I like it!

I'm loving everything that's coming about this new album! She really seems into it. Hope she promotes it. That's my biggest concern, not the quality, Madonna never disappointed me in that aspect.

To be honest, i think it might be a money issue. Since she's no longer with warner, the money to work with these people is prob coming out of her pocket now...

But if you work with different producers for the same amount of time as you work with one, wouldn't what you pay for production be the same, it's just going to different people? Avicii is sort of busy doing all his dj gigs around the world and maybe he doesn't have time to be in the studio all the time.

What I wondered about producers, is how are they paid? Are they paid by the hour they work on something or are they paid a percentage of record sales or how much the song is played on the radio or in clubs like songwriters?

that's a good question, hopefully someone has an answer to that. If you've noticed, Madonna has been working (from our knowledge) with the producers/writers for just about a week each. Compared to previous albums, like COADF and Hard Candy, which recording stretched out for a few months with each producer.

i don't necessarily think she's being selective with her choice of producers, but i'm sure she's cautious about who she records with money wise. she doesn't want anyone with a big ego that's going to demand too much $ and credit.

All these songwriters and producers she's been working with show she's definitely going for a purely POP sound. I think it will be hooks and melodies over electronic production this time.

My only concern is to see how she will manage to blend all these personalities into one record. And I hope it won't be too much superfluous pop fluff and there will be at times some gravity to the lyrics and the mood.

All these songwriters and producers she's been working with show she's definitely going for a purely POP sound. I think it will be hooks and melodies over electronic production this time.

My only concern is to see how she will manage to blend all these personalities into one record. And I hope it won't be too much superfluous pop fluff and there will be at times some gravity to the lyrics and the mood.

Fantastic! I like pop music. I like some electronics but not when it goes too far in a super heavy beat driven sound just for clubs. I like hooks and melodies, not so much electronic gimmicks. This sounds great so far.

But if you work with different producers for the same amount of time as you work with one, wouldn't what you pay for production be the same, it's just going to different people? Avicii is sort of busy doing all his dj gigs around the world and maybe he doesn't have time to be in the studio all the time.

What I wondered about producers, is how are they paid? Are they paid by the hour they work on something or are they paid a percentage of record sales or how much the song is played on the radio or in clubs like songwriters?

they get a fee for song and then yes they get all the percentage of the songs and royalties but that's only for the biggest producers.. some of them can just write a song for free and then just get royalties.

Even though I'm new to this forum I'm already used to all the bitching, I've been a long time member of Depeche Mode official forum and every time they release an album people start wars over the most simple things, so these discussions are kinda normal to me. Back on topic, I hope she writes something with Joe Henry again, his songs are always good: Don't Tell Me, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, Jump, Falling Free.

welcome!!! and how can anyone bitching about Depeches???? :angry:

don't think it's a question of saving money, she for sure will set a tour after the album and i don't think that hiring a producer is so expensive.... (and for what i know producers don't get money from royalties...). maybe she's trying different directions and some of those sessions will remain in the dust

It shouldn't take months to record a pop album

Didn't Patrick Leonard just say in an interview that LAP only took 2 weeks to record?

don't think it's a question of saving money, she for sure will set a tour after the album and i don't think that hiring a producer is so expensive.... (and for what i know producers don't get money from royalties...). maybe she's trying different directions and some of those sessions will remain in the dust

Didn't Nelle Hooper want royalties when asked to work on ROL?

I do recall her saying the infamous "EGO EGO EGO" line in her "handwritten" letter to Patty Boy.

It shouldn't take months to record a pop album

Didn't Patrick Leonard just say in an interview that LAP only took 2 weeks to record?

Why not? I would wait years if the result is good.

Didn't Nelle Hooper want royalties when asked to work on ROL?

I do recall her saying the infamous "EGO EGO EGO" line in her "handwritten" letter to Patty Boy.

Yup!

"I sent all my demos to Nellie to listen to and while he gave it up to a few he made some disturbing remarks about how he was going to have to change the music so much he would want a writers credit. Which of course made me sick. EGO-EGO-EGO!!!!"

i think it's a matter of how powerful a producer is, then getting a percentage on royalties....otherwise only writers (music and lyrics) get royalties....even singers don't get anything (this is what i remember, but i'll check it...)

Yup!

"I sent all my demos to Nellie to listen to and while he gave it up to a few he made some disturbing remarks about how he was going to have to change the music so much he would want a writers credit. Which of course made me sick. EGO-EGO-EGO!!!!"

wanting writing credit would have gave him a right to roylaties...

Madonna said this?

Guest eroticerotic

so… wonder if these are song titles :)

1. Body Shop
  2. I Can't Wait
  3. Rebel Heart
  4. Holy Water
  5. Trust No Bitch
  6. Certainty
  7. Between The Bars
  8. Animal Instinct
Edited by eroticerotic

It's possible she may take her time with the writers and producers involved. She probably already had song demos sent her way by Avicii before they met and she just had to lay down her vocals and put in her ideas which is why it happened so fast.

Guest Not4Pussies

Natalia and Mozilla seem to have nothing but great things to say. I feel like M is going in for the kill this time. I think she truly is fully dedicated to the music this time and wants it to be great.

Natalia and Mozilla seem to have nothing but great things to say. I feel like M is going in for the kill this time. I think she truly is fully dedicated to the music this time and wants it to be great.

What else have they said...??

welcome!!! and how can anyone bitching about Depeches???? :angry:

Thank you!

I know, people like to complain about everything.

I liked what I've heard from Mozella and some of the Toby Gad songs are pretty good pop as well. I'm not sure about Symbolic One collaboration though, a hip hop producer feels out of place between the other collaborators. Or, it could be that Mozella, Gad and S1 were just in the same studio and Madonna just went to say hello to them.