BRAND NEW MADONNA ALBUM: Official Thread.

BREAKING NEWS:

Madonna writing songs with people so unknown that she doesn't even know who they are

So finally Madonna (85) decided to deliver the goods and do what she does best for some fans: find a writer and producer incredibly unknown, so her fans thinks that she discoverhd the weel. Sources from Live Nation have told that her new album "Secret Kart" will be out in the next hours via iTunes, and is to be produced by an obscure team called "The Anonymous Vages". Nobody really knows who those Vages are, not even Madonna was allowed to know them. "They work in the dark, in a hidden cave near Nevada". Fans have reacted to these news with joy and happiness. "At last she does what i want. Now, she has to do loads of promo and behave exactly like we want. That's the only way to save her legacy".

:lmao:

BREAKING NEWS:

Madonna writing songs with people so unknown that she doesn't even know who they are

So finally Madonna (85) decided to deliver the goods and do what she does best for some fans: find a writer and producer incredibly unknown, so her fans thinks that she discoverhd the weel. Sources from Live Nation have told that her new album "Secret Kart" will be out in the next hours via iTunes, and is to be produced by an obscure team called "The Anonymous Vages". Nobody really knows who those Vages are, not even Madonna was allowed to know them. "They work in the dark, in a hidden cave near Nevada". Fans have reacted to these news with joy and happiness. "At last she does what i want. Now, she has to do loads of promo and behave exactly like we want. That's the only way to save her legacy".

Omg. :rotfl:

BREAKING NEWS:

Edited by ThiefOfHearts

You say, "now producers and song writers have teams!" and "it's perfectly normal to have a group of people composing during the song writing process." It's normal for the music business today, but it's not "perfectly normal" in the grand scheme of things. Why is this happening? I'd venture to say it has a lot to do with the corporatization of music. Artists and songs have become more like "products" to be mass-produced and sold than ever before. I'll be the first one to say that pop music has and always will be about selling a product. But the creation has changed, as you've noted. The consolidation of labels and radio has resulted in the slow death of the artist. The real artists can be found in the thriving indie world. I think part of the reason "teams" of songwriters have become so common is because labels have become so risk-averse that throwing as many names into something makes them feel like it will have a better chance at success. It's the same reason there are so many tracks with guest artists on them. Double, triple your chances of finding an audience! But the fact remains, it doesn't require that many people to write a song. Someone like Madonna does need to collaborate, because songwriting isn't her strongest talent, and collaboration is more important than ever for her today, since her time is arguably more limited than it was when she was 30 and didn't have four children. But she doesn't need more than one person, as long as that person is capable and talented.

And I disagree that she had nothing to say with MDNA. It was her post-divorce album. She was a girl gone wild, exorcizing her anger and sadness and regret over losing her best friend and husband, and finding new loves. I think the album's biggest flaw is its inconsistency, which can be blamed squarely on the number of collaborators and styles.

Corporatization of music and art isn't new and it's not a phenomenon of the recent decades. If you look for Adorno you'll find people were already speaking about corporatization of music in the 30s. At that time, for instance, they used to see Jazz as a minor form of musical expression...what we've been living now is a natural development and deepening of this phenomenon, which has been largely studied in many universities (including mine in Berlin)...

I think "got my money back" could hit #1!

My fave is

Australia (C U L8R)

Australiiiiiaaaa I'll ccccccccc uuuuuuuuu laaaaatahhhhhh

Guest Rachelle of London

:dead:

Why are people comparing Madonna to Miley bloody Cyrus? I just can't! Take that over to the Miley thread. My god. What next Peppa Pig?

Do you really think it was that different 30 years ago? I mean yeah things have changed but ever since the music industry was created music has been created to be a product AND an expression or art form. Who are you to decide what is art and what isn't?

I was referring to Glinda's comments about the concept of an album being increasingly irrelevant and the industry becoming more about releasing individual songs you stupid cunt. I could care less whether you consider Molly Cyrus and kitty Perry's music art or not so fuck off and leave me out of your child's play

Maybe Madonna should release "Kaleidoscope" with a lead single called "Growl," and have a song called "Twerkin' feat Miley."

Since Prism is just such a great record and Bangerz changed pop music lol.

Madonna can trump any of those records easily if she wants to. Bangerz is fun (I love several songs) but Prism is forgettable.

Personally think Madonna's 13rh album will trump all the following

Beyoncé>ARTPOP>Bangerz>PRISM>Britney Jean

Madonna is the standard barrer so why has Prism (which is almost the weakest of the bunch) become the main topic of conversation here?

Prism is a forgettable affair. More forgettable than her marriage to that smack head

I'm gonna bring katypatra to the dark room dungeon with erotica playing in the BG after he is done his daily screening of Disney frozen and teach him how to......

Personally think Madonna's 13rh album will trump all the following

Beyoncé>ARTPOP>Bangerz>PRISM>Britney Jean

Well done! I'd put them in the exact same order, maybe switch Beyoncé and ARTPOP. Beyoncé is lyrically superior, but it gets boring much quicker, because of the monotonic sound and slow pace of the album, so I prefer ARTPOP, but anyway those 2 stands out of the bunch, and it would not be hard to top them, if Madonna really wants to (but in this case I would start looking for better producers than she is currently working with.).

BREAKING NEWS:

:rotfl:

Well done! I'd put them in the exact same order, maybe switch Beyoncé and ARTPOP. Beyoncé is lyrically superior, but it gets boring much quicker, because of the monotonic sound and slow pace of the album, so I prefer ARTPOP

:dead:

- Avicii produces some tracks

- She writes and record track(s) with singer Natalia Kills

- Martin Kierszenbaum produces the M & Natalia Kills track(s)

- She's working with MoZella, Toby Gad and Symbolyc one aka S1

it's a very interesting mix of collaborators... i wonder if they made a killer melody already...

Guest bluejean

TBH GGW would have been a top 10 hit had it been the first single from MDNA. Probably would have fared better than GMAYL too

Oh definitely. I was just being funny but I always liked that song and thought it should have been the first single.

I've always thought that TUTR with some better hook should have been the first single. That song should be great: i like the melody, the lyrics, but the production or something is missing.

Well done! I'd put them in the exact same order, maybe switch Beyoncé and ARTPOP. Beyoncé is lyrically superior, but it gets boring much quicker, because of the monotonic sound and slow pace of the album, so I prefer ARTPOP, but anyway those 2 stands out of the bunch, and it would not be hard to top them, if Madonna really wants to (but in this case I would start looking for better producers than she is currently working with.).

Artpop is not even better than Prism if not Bangers. That's why there's not even one song that actually has made Artpop memorable...

Artpop is not even better than Prism if not Bangers. That's why there's not even one song that actually has made Artpop memorable...

I kindly disagree. Just because ARTPOP (or Gaga in general) is not as appealing to the general public as Katy or Miley or as she used to be, it does not make it a worse album than the other two. At the same time it can also be said that even though Beyoncé was a successful album, it did not have any hit singles and will most likely not have in the future either (I consider Drunk In Love a moderate hit.) I usually dislike Gaga's persona and her overhyping everything, but to me (except a few tracks) it is a better album than the generic pop/indie stuff that's on Katy's album with weak vocals and poor mixing and mastering. Miley's album is great, but there are fewer songs that I enjoy than on ARTPOP. Anyway I don't want to start a dispute on this, I've just expressed my opinion because it seems some of you found it laughable, so get back to the topic.