BRAND NEW MADONNA ALBUM: Official Thread.

- Madonna would enter the recording studios in the afternoon and stay there as long as her presence was required. Dividing her time between the two songwriting teams, writing lyrics, reworking melody lines and saying "I like this" or "I don't like that" and "this is what I want to say in this song".

And this is all that's required. That's what makes the songs "Madonnaized." I don't give a good goddamn if she ever picks up an instrument.

Is GGW gonna be on the new album? Why is it being discussed so much. It's 2014 now. Look forward to the new stuff!

And the vocals. Plain terrible :(

I agree. Weak! I want her to sing.

Yep, i always thought her voice was horrible on GGW. This song itself is quite catchy but generic.

So any updates on the new album?

I hear GGW won't b on it. :fag:

:dead: :dead: :dead: Oh Chelle and acko dearest! :dead:

Edit: Sloane please delete your post and write it again so that things flow better.

Oh wow, yes please upload it!! It sounds amazing! Btw sorry for contributing in turning your thread into a mess of things :)

that's ok lol, actually this is just the first post of the thread that contains the official info and that is updated everytime, the rest of the thread is for discussion !

Here is my mix, you'll hear the extra gospel part after the breakdown (angels are crying...) and also the ending has some parts where you can hear her more clearly like when she laughs, an extra "Whooo !" etc...It's made with the official stems from another mix !

http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/60299826/file.html

:dead: :dead: :dead: Oh Chelle and acko dearest! :dead:

Edit: Sloane please delete your post and write it again so that things flow better.

What do you mean? My posts always flow.

For those interested in the facilities where the new album is being recorded, here's a video of the New York studio where some of the work is taking place, Jungle City:

:wow:

No HOLD THE PHONE. Everyone on here is just like Madonna should've done this. MDNA should've been this. Hard Candy should've been that. Underground producer this, overrated producer that; GMAYL this that, Super Bowl blah blah blah blah like aren't you tired of discussing the same fucking things in every thread every day? There are millions of the same post with the same point. Just so unproductive while Madonna just moves on forward...and the past: it is what it is

:clap:

artists better never take advice from their fans.. look at what happened to ladywho :p

M knows better ;) (most artists do)

and no, that doesn't mean she shouldn't listen to feedback. she obviously does.

No HOLD THE PHONE. Everyone on here is just like Madonna should've done this. MDNA should've been this. Hard Candy should've been that. Underground producer this, overrated producer that; GMAYL this that, Super Bowl blah blah blah blah like aren't you tired of discussing the same fucking things in every thread every day? There are millions of the same post with the same point. Just so unproductive while Madonna just moves on forward...and the past: it is what it is

ikr. people literally want madonna to be some kind of indie artist.

Guest Rachelle of London

ikr. people literally want madonna to be some kind of indie artist.

Innit. Commercially she is the biggest selling female act of all time yet some fans think she's underground :lmao:

No I am not! You may not like Miley Cyrus or Katy Perry but that does not discredit their artistic efforts. Their albums are solid, lyrically rich and creative musically. I don't want Madonna to go in the same direction as them, since Madonna is her own artist. But I do hope that Madonna achieves maximum artistic work. She has done it before with ROL, AL and COTDF. I know she can do it again.

To be young and silly again.

But fret not, there were times when us oldies thought Debbie Gibson and Tiffany were brilliant lyricists and artists too- hindsight is a brilliant thing. Now where is my NKOTB t-shirt?

Maybe you don't know much about music business but times now are well different from even 2005.. now producers and song writers have teams!

I give you this example: Avicii or Will I Am or Guetta.. anyone who has made a name out of themselves have a team. They write for/with the artist/producer in question.. if you believe the stories of these artists writing and producing on their own well.. just have a look at the credits in their album sleeves.

it's perfectly normal to have a group of people composing during the song writing process. If anything Madonna is no Britney or Rihanna or Beyonce that they just go into the recording studio and lay their vocal and leave.

She's collaborating with them... meaning it's exactly the same process she had with her producers since she started out. Only thing that's changed now is there are more people involved and that makes it less intimate to a certain extent... but that shouldn't diminish her skills. After all, she's the one with a vision/idea to fulfill...

Now the MDNA and Hard Candy problem.

There's only one reason why these albums did not happen; she simply did not have anything to say! or whatever she had to say was weak and not necessarily current.

I think by paradox her Super Bowl performance killed the MDNA vibe... she certainly showcased her skills as a live act and even musically everybody realized how iconic she is in terms of hit songs but when you put together masterpieces like Vogue and Like A Prayer to middle of the road Gimme All Your Luvin you can see the massive flaw just right there in front of your eyes.

Yes MDNA was about Madonna as the icon who paved the way for all these newcomers and how sonically she shaped up the way we listen to music today but having such an ambitious vision requires a very consistent way of expressing it.. and musically MDNA didn't say much.. same as Hard Candy and the general public did not respond well to her latest albums.

I can argue about Sticky & Sweet tour being not one of her best concerts (although by paradox it's her most successful) but the MDNA tour was a force to be reckoned with.. that's the standard for tours now and no Beyonce or Katy Perry or Swift or Rihanna ( i 'm not even mentioning Gaga at this point lol) have still to top that...

Now talking about the album in the works.. as other fans have expressed i'm getting good vibes.. i feel this time she's not recording for the sake of going to the road but she's got something to say. I think the over all Art For Freedom project must have inspired her and she wants to go back being serious which is where her strength comes from (Like A Prayer, Ray Of Light).. we might get another American Life mind you but at this stage in her career give me American Life anytime. After all it was a very misunderstood album and it would be a diamond amongst all the general crap we hear today.

You say, "now producers and song writers have teams!" and "it's perfectly normal to have a group of people composing during the song writing process." It's normal for the music business today, but it's not "perfectly normal" in the grand scheme of things. Why is this happening? I'd venture to say it has a lot to do with the corporatization of music. Artists and songs have become more like "products" to be mass-produced and sold than ever before. I'll be the first one to say that pop music has and always will be about selling a product. But the creation has changed, as you've noted. The consolidation of labels and radio has resulted in the slow death of the artist. The real artists can be found in the thriving indie world. I think part of the reason "teams" of songwriters have become so common is because labels have become so risk-averse that throwing as many names into something makes them feel like it will have a better chance at success. It's the same reason there are so many tracks with guest artists on them. Double, triple your chances of finding an audience! But the fact remains, it doesn't require that many people to write a song. Someone like Madonna does need to collaborate, because songwriting isn't her strongest talent, and collaboration is more important than ever for her today, since her time is arguably more limited than it was when she was 30 and didn't have four children. But she doesn't need more than one person, as long as that person is capable and talented.

And I disagree that she had nothing to say with MDNA. It was her post-divorce album. She was a girl gone wild, exorcizing her anger and sadness and regret over losing her best friend and husband, and finding new loves. I think the album's biggest flaw is its inconsistency, which can be blamed squarely on the number of collaborators and styles.

Even in the past though, a lot of songs were written with more than two people. I don't think the number of songwriters affects the quality of a song at all. I think a lot depends on the type of song you are doing. A lot of pure dance music only needs two people because one person does the beats on a computer or electronic keyboard and the other does the lyrics/melodies. But a lot of more organic pop, R&B or rock songs have more songwriters because they involve more instruments and layers.

I don't see the fact that an album has more than one style or genre as a bad thing. I enjoy the diversity on MDNA. I get bored with albums that only have one sound. But I'm the type of person who doesn't always listen to an album from beginning to end that many times. I tend to listen to individual songs in combination with my other favorite songs by other artists. I just feel more and more the album is an outdated concept. I think the album as a consistent conceptual thing is disappearing, it's becoming more about just releasing songs which people like and which you can perform live.

Whatever. You are obviously ignorant and I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. I love Bangerz and Prism!! I work out to those albums every day. Amazing songs and I love the lyrics. If only you gave those albums a chance, listening to them from start to finish. But you choose to stay ignorant. So whatever. Sucks to be you!

Don't even try. People tend to be very ignorant and unsupportive when it comes to younger artists. Especially when they're more successful thsn M. I don't like Katy and Miley that mich but I think it's unfair to discredit them for what they've been doing recently, which is music. It might not be music everyone likes or music that succeeds the quality of most of Madonna's music but it's still pop music and to be quite honest, Madonna hasn't done anything different when she was that age. Her first three albums are pure pop.

I am 19 years old. I grew up with a lot of music from the 80's/90's and I am very open to older music as well, but I also love music of the '00s and '10s, because it's the music of my generation and I hate the ignorance towards modern pop music on this board. Why do some of you guys expect the younger generation to listen to Madonna when you're not even willing to be a little more open-minded towards this generation's music taste?

Which would be kind of sad as far as I'm concerned and reinforces the notion that more and more music is created to be a product, and not an expression or art form

Do you really think it was that different 30 years ago? I mean yeah things have changed but ever since the music industry was created music has been created to be a product AND an expression or art form. Who are you to decide what is art and what isn't?

MPowered, right on! you and me are on the same page. Im tired of people bullying Miley for acting too crazy and for making "dumb" music, when they didn't even BOTHER to listen to her new album Bangerz. Are they forgetting just how crazy Madonna was?? I think ppl just love to hate on young singers without really giving them a chance. But not all. There are several Madonna fans on here who appreciate the creativity behind Miley's and Katy's albums.

I'm just glad we are finally getting Britney Don't Do It, even if it's a new remix and not the original recording.

Oh speaking of Britney... umm... her album kinda... sucked? I mean I bought it and listened to it at least 5 times before making a judgment. Was still disappointed. Production on most songs was embarrassingly cheap. Lyrics didnt make sense. The only songs that were good were Alien, Perfume and Don't Cry. Miley and Katy pretty much replaced Gaga and Britney, while having genuine respect and admiration for Madonna. They both know they are still nothing compared to the Queen. That's why I like them two bitches. That and they are creative and talented.

BREAKING NEWS:

Madonna writing songs with people so unknown that she doesn't even know who they are

So finally Madonna (85) decided to deliver the goods and do what she does best for some fans: find a writer and producer incredibly unknown, so her fans thinks that she discoverhd the weel. Sources from Live Nation have told that her new album "Secret Kart" will be out in the next hours via iTunes, and is to be produced by an obscure team called "The Anonymous Vages". Nobody really knows who those Vages are, not even Madonna was allowed to know them. "They work in the dark, in a hidden cave near Nevada". Fans have reacted to these news with joy and happiness. "At last she does what i want. Now, she has to do loads of promo and behave exactly like we want. That's the only way to save her legacy".