The moment that never was: Madonna on MJ's "In The Closet"

TearsInHeaven

Guest Rachelle of London

I remember reading that MJ was very influenced by Janet's Rhythm Nation album for Dangerous, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why he worked with Herb. He apparently used "Rhythm Nation" as an example of what he wanted to do for the album musically.

Yeah. Didn't he hint that Janet stole the RN theme from him. You can see the influences throughout the Dangerous era.

Guest Rocco Papa

Yeah. Didn't he hint that Janet stole the RN theme from him. You can see the influences throughout the Dangerous era.

He actually said that Janet called him after doing "Captain EO" and asked if she could steal the military dance moves he did in the film. He let her do it, despite the fact that he wanted to do something similar for his next short film. So, Janet went on to do the "Rhythm Nation" film. He said it was his favorite of all her videos. He talks about it in FOX's "Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies" special.

Guest Rachelle of London

He actually said that Janet called him after doing "Captain EO" and asked if she could steal the military dance moves he did in the film. He let her do it, despite the fact that he wanted to do something similar for his next short film. So, Janet went on to do the "Rhythm Nation" film. He said it was his favorite of all her videos. He talks about it in FOX's "Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies" special.

Yeas that's where I saw it. They had footage of him dancing to RN. Very cute!

Guest bluejean

I'm sorry, but I couldn't get past the first few lines of those so-called "lyrics" without laughing!! :lmao:

:dead:

On the plus side, I aboslutely ADORE everything about the "Dangerous" album, "In the Closet" included. I also find it interesting how Michael worked with Herb Ritts & Naomi Campbell on the video. Madonna famously worked with Herb and even got him into directing music videos. And who could forget Naomi's appearance in the "Sex" book? Just a coincidence?

Here's a clip from the Jonathan Ross interview:

:lmao: Love her

Guest Rocco Papa

Yeas that's where I saw it. They had footage of him dancing to RN. Very cute!

Edited by RoccoPapa

Those lyrics are hysterical and I could actually see Madonna writing them as to get a reaction from him :) She does mention in the interview that he rejected her lyrics, so if they were tame / sensible he probably would have gone for it.

also, i wonder if what she wrote has been "recycled" in some other song of her or the whole thing was just binned :(

Oh, Madonna didn't ever use the word "closet" in any of her songs!!!! :ohmy: I googled it and had zero results.

[Madonna]

There's Something

I Have To giveTo You

If You Promise not to come

I Cannot Contain Myself

When you're finger is inside me

I'm So horny

Touch Me

Don't Hide Our Love

Woman To woman

[Michael]

She's Just A Lover

Who's Doin' Me By

It's Worth The Giving

It's Worth The Try

You cannot lick it

or dicky dick it

You Cannot Wet It

You Cannot Burn It

:dead: And I thought my fake lyrics were bad!!! :lmao:

"In the Closet" was originally conceived as a duet between Jackson and Madonna.

According to a 1992 interview with British journalist Jonathan Ross, Madonna said she worked on some lyrical ideas for the song but when she presented them to Michael, he decided they were too provocative and they decided not to continue with the project. Stephanie of Monaco eventually had Madonna's part.

Also, Michael Jackson did not like M's idea for the video where Madonna had to be dressed as a man and Michael was supposed to be in full drag :D

I found online the supposed lyrics M wrote for the song - no idea whether this is genuine or not, i think M would have written something classier and more subtle.

[Madonna]

There's Something

I Have To giveTo You

If You Promise not to come

I Cannot Contain Myself

When you're finger is inside me

I'm So horny

Touch Me

Don't Hide Our Love

Woman To woman

[Michael]

She's Just A Lover

Who's Doin' Me By

It's Worth The Giving

It's Worth The Try

You cannot lick it

or dicky dick it

You Cannot Wet It

You Cannot Burn It

She Wants To Give It

(She Wants To Give It)

(Aahh, She Wants To Give It)

**** Me

(She Wants To Give It)

She Wants To Give It

(She Wants To Give It)

(She Wants To Give It)

It's Just A Feeling

You Have To grind It

You Can't Neglect It

You Can't Abuse It

It's Just sex

You Cannot Waste It

Then, If You Want It

Then, Won't You Taste It

She Wants To Give It

(She Wants To Give It)

**** Me

(She Wants To Give It)

She Wants To Give It

(She Wants To Give It)

(She Wants To Give It)

[Madonna]

One Thing In Life

You Must Understand

The Truth Of Lust

Woman To Woman

So Open The Door

And You Will See

There Are No Secrets

Make Your Move

come in me !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Closet

:dead: :dead:

This was obviously a piss take and somebody took it seriously. Keep it in the closet is a great song though.

Those lyrics are hilarious!!

As much I like In the Closet and can imagine Madonna singing on it, I'm kinda glad it never happened. Their Oscars appearance was fun, but I just think a duet would have been overkill somehow. It's one of those ideas that perhaps seems better in hindsight than it would have actually been at the time.

Guest bluejean

Those lyrics are hilarious!!

As much I like In the Closet and can imagine Madonna singing on it, I'm kinda glad it never happened. Their Oscars appearance was fun, but I just think a duet would have been overkill somehow. It's one of those ideas that perhaps seems better in hindsight than it would have actually been at the time.

I think it would have been great.

Everything you said in my mind applies to the Britney duet

I think it all depends on 'how' you do it. I would say some of Madonna's work is quite overtly sexual...but she has that magic touch to elevate it to something special...imbue it with a real sense of humor, glamour but still gritty, and make it a real work of art.

I think some other popular artists have done so but in their own way, perhaps more explicit than Madonna at times. But, I suppose it all depends on the person taking it in and what their own standards are. If it's done well with a real sense of quality, I quite like "overtly sexual".

But the above fake lyrics are certainly NOT that. They're just bad.

Michael Jackson is just terrible. Talk about a talent that mentally stopped producing post-BAD. He got stuck in that era and couldn't come out of it. And when he tried ... Ugh. Blame this person and blame that person...he's the most overrated pop singer of all time

Michael Jackson is just terrible. Talk about a talent that mentally stopped producing post-BAD. He got stuck in that era and couldn't come out of it. And when he tried ...he's the most overrated pop singer of all time

So terrible and yet he is/was one of the biggest and most successful artists that ever lived. Just because you think he was terribly overrated doesn't make it a fact. I'm SICK AND TIRED of his detractors using that same old boring argument about him "being stuck in 1988", "Not evolving" or bringing up his personal life as an excuse to bash him. Christ, change the fucking record.

lol I just knew a thread which has got something to do with MJ would sooner or later get filled with posts about him being overrated, a weirdo etc. Now we only need someone accusing him of being a pedophile and drug addict and there we have our typical MNation discussion on MJ again! :thumbsdown:

lol I just knew a thread which has got something to do with MJ would sooner or later get filled with posts about him being overrated, a weirdo etc. Now we only need someone accusing him of being a pedophile and drug addict and there we have our typical MNation discussion on MJ again! :thumbsdown:

That's true to a certain extent but I don't think MNation is as bad as it used to be for bashing Michael Jackson. I think quite a lot of M fans have come to respect him (or rather his work) now that he's not with us anymore - like the old saying goes "you don't know what you have till it's gone". Lady Gaga seems to be their most hated pop star nowadays.

Guest bluejean

So terrible and yet he is/was one of the biggest and most successful artists that ever lived. Just because you think he was terribly overrated doesn't make it a fact. I'm SICK AND TIRED of his detractors using that same old boring argument about him "being stuck in 1988", "Not evolving" or bringing up his personal life as an excuse to bash him. Christ, change the fucking record.

Plus it's not even true.

Thriller sounded totally different to Off The Wall

Bad sounded totally different to Thriller

Dangerous sounded totally different to Bad

History sounded totally different to Dangerous

Invincible sounded totally different to History

He stops working with Quincy after Bad so I don't see how he stopped evolving. Do they just mean that he continued wearing white socks and a black hat?