The moment that never was: Madonna on MJ's "In The Closet"

TearsInHeaven

"In the Closet" was originally conceived as a duet between Jackson and Madonna.

According to a 1992 interview with British journalist Jonathan Ross, Madonna said she worked on some lyrical ideas for the song but when she presented them to Michael, he decided they were too provocative and they decided not to continue with the project. Stephanie of Monaco eventually had Madonna's part.

Also, Michael Jackson did not like M's idea for the video where Madonna had to be dressed as a man and Michael was supposed to be in full drag :D

I found online the supposed lyrics M wrote for the song - no idea whether this is genuine or not, i think M would have written something classier and more subtle.

[Madonna]
There's Something
I Have To giveTo You
If You Promise not to come
I Cannot Contain Myself
When you're finger is inside me
I'm So horny
Touch Me
Don't Hide Our Love
Woman To woman

[Michael]
She's Just A Lover
Who's Doin' Me By
It's Worth The Giving
It's Worth The Try
You cannot lick it
or dicky dick it
You Cannot Wet It
You Cannot Burn It

She Wants To Give It
(She Wants To Give It)
(Aahh, She Wants To Give It)
**** Me
(She Wants To Give It)
She Wants To Give It
(She Wants To Give It)
(She Wants To Give It)

It's Just A Feeling
You Have To grind It
You Can't Neglect It
You Can't Abuse It
It's Just sex
You Cannot Waste It
Then, If You Want It
Then, Won't You Taste It

She Wants To Give It
(She Wants To Give It)
**** Me
(She Wants To Give It)
She Wants To Give It
(She Wants To Give It)
(She Wants To Give It)

[Madonna]
One Thing In Life
You Must Understand
The Truth Of Lust
Woman To Woman
So Open The Door
And You Will See
There Are No Secrets
Make Your Move
come in me !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Closet

Guest Rocco Papa

I'm sorry, but I couldn't get past the first few lines of those so-called "lyrics" without laughing!! :lmao:

There's Something
I Have To giveTo You
I Cannot Contain Myself
I'm So horny

:dead:

On the plus side, I aboslutely ADORE everything about the "Dangerous" album, "In the Closet" included. I also find it interesting how Michael worked with Herb Ritts & Naomi Campbell on the video. Madonna famously worked with Herb and even got him into directing music videos. And who could forget Naomi's appearance in the "Sex" book? Just a coincidence?

Here's a clip from the Jonathan Ross interview:

Edited by RoccoPapa

[Madonna]

There's Something

I Have To giveTo You

I Cannot Contain Myself

I'm So horny

Touch Me

Don't Hide Our Love

Woman To woman

oprah-head-shake.gif

Madonna's never written anything that dirty, unsubtle and stupid for any of her own albums. Even on "Erotica" when she says 'Bend Over Baby, I'm gonna make you smile", I can almost hear Madonna laughing on the inside.

"When your finger is inside me"

:lmao:

:rotfl:

The final result (video and song) of In The Closet is flawless :-)

The video, M as a man and he as a woman would have been brilliant pop history moment!

true, love both song and final video but a duet between them would have been THE iconic moment in pop history

also, i wonder if what she wrote has been "recycled" in some other song of her or the whole thing was just binned :(

if she is going to do another Q&A on Reddit i am going to ask :D

exactly it would have been EPIC, Madonna the biggest female Icon grinding on MJ the biggest gay icon

Gay icon? Isn't that a more fitting title for Madonna? :huh:

I'm sorry this never happened. Even if Madonna had sung the song as it was finally released, it would have been great. I like the track a lot, and Madonna would have made it even better - at least sexier than that thin-voiced studio singer he used. And it would have undoubtedly hit #1. It went to #6 without M involved.

I'm sorry this never happened. Even if Madonna had sung the song as it was finally released, it would have been great. I like the track a lot, and Madonna would have made it even better - at least sexier than that thin-voiced studio singer he used. And it would have undoubtedly hit #1. It went to #6 without M involved.

lol the singer is actually Princess Stephanie of Monaco, i think she had her own album out at that time

23816010.jpg

lol i thought exactly the same! i read few articles before opening this thread and APPARENTLY Janet convinced Michael not to have M on the song :chuckle:

we will never know i guess

lol i thought exactly the same! i read few articles before opening this thread and APPARENTLY Janet convinced Michael not to have M on the song :chuckle:

Janice, the envy cunt.

It's one of his best songs. It even sounds like something that would have written together...so I'm still left wondering what was different about her lyrical ideas. Perhaps more tongue-in-cheek humor, more double entendre...

I mean, the final lyrics on his version are still pretty provocative for a Michael Jackson song, so...

Doubtful.

He did end up going with Herb Ritts for the video, who of course was most famous for his association with Madonna at the time (and for finally making Janet seem sexy in her Love Will Never Do video).

me too!!! :laugh:

He did end up going with Herb Ritts for the video, who of course was most famous for his association with Madonna at the time (and for finally making Janet seem sexy in her Love Will Never Do video).

I remember reading that MJ was very influenced by Janet's Rhythm Nation album for Dangerous, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why he worked with Herb. He apparently used "Rhythm Nation" as an example of what he wanted to do for the album musically.