Trying to "present" Madonna to an 18 year old...

As a teenager I got hooked on the Immaculate Collection lying around the vacation house my family was renting around 2000.

I think my biggest joy of becoming a Madonna Fan was to save my pocket money and pick, which Madonna album to buy next. With so many studio albums to choose from it was pure excitement! So dont take that away from him by showing him all the stuff at once. Just give a little until hes hooked, then let the drug seep in ...

The Geisha section from DWT, the equestrian one from CT and the Feminine/Masculine section from MDNAT would do the trick I think. He'lll be gagging for more!

Also, I find this megamix pretty amazing as well:

As a teenager I got hooked on the Immaculate Collection lying around the vacation house my family was renting around 2000.

I think my biggest joy of becoming a Madonna Fan was to save my pocket money and pick, which Madonna album to buy next. With so many studio albums to choose from it was pure excitement! So dont take that away from him by showing him all the stuff at once. Just give a little until hes hooked, then let the drug seep in ...

yep. after I got curious about her work I somehow got my hands on the IC (I think through an uncle) and that's when I got hooked! then i started downloading videos back in the kazaa days like Like a Prayer, oh father, etc (I saw them all in one go) they opened a new world of pop music to me! i couldn't believe how perfect it all looked and sounded. I thought.. "how can anyone ever be better than M? everything she puts out is perfect!" :lmao:

so def the IC, make sure he watches her videos and not just listens to her songs. the BAT tour was also a big thing (just when I thought this woman couldn't get any better, I saw BAT & TOD! which sealed the deal even more!)

How come no one has said SUPERBOWL or EXPRESS YOURSELF from BLOND AMBITION?

Apart from being personal faves, one showcases her holy grail from 1990 and the other shows she's still got it and then some 20 years later.

How come no one has said SUPERBOWL or EXPRESS YOURSELF from BLOND AMBITION?

Apart from being personal faves, one showcases her holy grail from 1990 and the other shows she's still got it and then some 20 years later.

i love the SB but the middle part with lmfao/music/etc aren't as good. for me it's all about the intro, vogue, and EY & LAP.

also.. the opening of the MDNA tour! :o that's HUGE! but maybe not the dvd version ;) i remember a youtube account "mymdnadotcom" uploaded some of the best videos of the first show of the intro. it was mesmerising.

Many of you saying older stuff...you're chosing great moments...but just if he enjoys the most recent stuff i guess.

I actually wrote an article for such an occasion. It's a countdown of Madonna's Top 20 moments in anticipation for the new album. It features YouTube clips for each moment and includes a mini-bio in there, too. I tried my best to cover her entire career, not just focus on the eighties. Here's the article:

http://lgbteen.org/2014/03/top-20-madonna-moments/

Just saw that. Great choices! :)

I would show him the MDNA tour and also give him a Celebration DVD/CD pack to start with

The thing about MDNA tour is that i can almost see him falling asleep during after Vogue and waking up for Like A Prayer XD AHAH

And make sure you suck his cock. That should help

We'll see about that! XD

movie_31657.jpg

Now i wanna see that again! Haven't seen Truth Or Dare in years!

whatever you do, just continue to show him Madonna's career as a journey, and then when you're done you can show him a journey to your bedroom.

Guest Xanthium

I would show them a defining moment of her career. One that is shocking, iconic and fearless. The Like A Virgin performance from Truth or Dare :queenbitch:

He's gay.

If he wasn't i wouldn't show anything i guess XD

Come on, that's a stereotype lol. I'm sure a LOT of straight guys are fans, they just don't admit it most of the time. You don't sell out Yankee Stadium twice in a row if it's only for the gays.

I tried this a few years back. He was a future little monster, so I showed him (chronologically) the videos for

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Vogue

When I saw that it worked,

I showed him

Deeper and Deeper (video and RIT performance)

Future Lovers (from CT)

Hollywood video.

It was a succinct, well rounded collection of "Madonna" that he could find visually stimulating.

I'd add the MDNA tour if I did it now.

Now i wanna see that again! Haven't seen Truth Or Dare in years!

I'm pretty sure he will enjoy it. He's 18 and there's a lot in that movie that he can take the best and learn about the biggest start in the universe and her work, but also learn about personal issues of her dancers for example and all of the people that supported her, he can get more confident and learn about something about it.

Come on, that's a stereotype lol. I'm sure a LOT of straight guys are fans, they just don't admit it most of the time. You don't sell out Yankee Stadium twice in a row if it's only for the gays.

I know that and i agree. I'm just saying that because most straight guys i know listen to rock music...and talk shit about all pop related, lol xD

And i'm actually one of those people who say Madonna is universal...she's a lot more then a gay act and we all know it, even if some people want to make it seem like Madonna would be a flop without the gays...we all know they are not the main audience at her shows...at least not the ones i saw. Entire families of all ages are there usually. The gays are on the golden circle usually ahah! :D