MadonnaNation.com Forums
scottyenzed

Xscape - Michael Jackson New Album 13 May 2014

Any extra tracks on the reissue??

Guest Rachelle of London

I seriously hope that Dangerous 25 will still be happening this year. If they don't do anything to celebrate that album, I will be furious.

It just pisses me off. It's always the same three albums that get recognized all the time. Off the Wall, Thriller, and Bad. No one seems to give a fuck about Dangerous. Why??? To me, that's his best work! That album needs to be shown the respect it deserves.

I agree!!!! And isn't it 21st anniversary of History too. Another great album that's always overshadowed by the 80s records

Michael Jackson’s ‘Off The Wall’ album to be reissued with new Spike Lee documentary

BY PETER SBLENDORIO

[/size]

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

[/size]

Thursday, January 7, 2016, 5:23 PM

This will certainly be a "Thriller" for Michael Jackson fans.

The King of Pop's seminal fifth studio album, "Off The Wall," will be reissued next month — along with a new documentary about the singer produced by one of his biggest fans, Spike Lee.

Sony Legacy Recordings and Jackson's estate will release both items in a CD/DVD package, which is set to hit shelves on Feb. 26. Fans will also be able to purchase a package that features the Blu-ray edition of Lee's film, which is titled "Michael Jackson's Journey From Motown to Off The Wall."

The documentary is set to make its television debut on Showtime on Feb. 5 at 9 p.m. ET as well.

This isn't Lee's first Jackson-related project, as he also released an aptly named documentary entitled "Bad 25" in 2012 to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the singer's mega-popular hit, "Bad." The eccentric director has also hosted several parties in Brooklyn in Jackson's honor since the "Smooth Criminal" singer died in 2009.

The reissuing of "Off The Wall" comes nearly 27 years after ist original release, though a special edition was previously made available by Sony in 2001.

The critically acclaimed track listing features several of Jackson's biggest hits, including "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" and "Rock With You."

The album was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2008.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/michael-jackson-wall-album-reissued-article-1.2489332

Can his label and slut family possibly milk him anymore? Soon we will have the Thriller special edition with one of La Toya's pubes attached ( same track listing though )

His family aren't involved, they aren't a part of his estate in anyway, that's why the whole fiasco after his death happened, because Michael didn't leave any money for his siblings and left none of his estate in his families control.

Spike Lee has been doing an event in Harlem every year since Michael died, it would have been nice had these documentaries and stuff been done while Michael was here. Thriller 25 should have had a documentary.

I don't get some of the complaints in here. "Off The Wall" is a great album! It certainly deserves to have a reissue. Would you prefer "Thriller" being re-released for the 50 millionth time? OTW deserves this. If I'm not mistaken, at the time it came out, OTW was the biggest selling album by a black artist. That's nothing to sneeze at. Apart from that, it's just a damn good album that's aged remarkably well especially when compared to other disco albums which sound terribly dated. "Off The Wall" still really holds up well. It's aged much better than say "Bad" for example.

This is the original "I Can't Help It" demo (although it's been slightly altered...read more about that in the Youtube desciption if you're interested). It sounds fantastic!

I'm really looking forward to the documentary that Spike Lee is doing on the album as well.

"Off The Wall" is one of my favorite albums of all time. What's not to love? Michael gives some of his best vocals ever. It's before he started with all that "hee hee" nonsense and other comical vocal afflictions in his songs on his later albums that I didn't care for. His vocals are so dope on this album; soulful, energetic and joyous. He also used REAL instruments on this album. OTW does not get much love from his younger fans I've noticed. Most of the fans born in the 80's and later seem to prefer his 90's output but the man had a career long before "Thriller".

I wish his younger or newer fans were more appreciative of his earlier work. Not only his albums but his earlier performances as well especially when he was in "The Jacksons". Michael was just amazing back then.

It does annoy me however that the media hardly gives any recognition to any of his albums after "Bad". Although his discography certainly isn't perfect, all of his albums have at least a few good or great songs on them imo.

Guest Rachelle of London

Off the wall is a great record and I'm glad it's getting a reissue I just find his 90s albums are terribly underrated

I'm in no way complaining, but wasn't off the wall re-released last decade or something??

Guest Rocco Papa

I don't get some of the complaints in here. "Off The Wall" is a great album! It certainly deserves to have a reissue. Would you prefer "Thriller" being re-released for the 50 millionth time? OTW deserves this. If I'm not mistaken, at the time it came out, OTW was the biggest selling album by a black artist. That's nothing to sneeze at. Apart from that, it's just a damn good album that's aged remarkably well especially when compared to other disco albums which sound terribly dated. "Off The Wall" still really holds up well. It's aged much better than say "Bad" for example.

This is the original "I Can't Help It" demo (although it's been slightly altered...read more about that in the Youtube desciption if you're interested). It sounds fantastic!

I'm really looking forward to the documentary that Spike Lee is doing on the album as well.

"Off The Wall" is one of my favorite albums of all time. What's not to love? Michael gives some of his best vocals ever. It's before he started with all that "hee hee" nonsense and other comical vocal afflictions in his songs on his later albums that I didn't care for. His vocals are so dope on this album; soulful, energetic and joyous. He also used REAL instruments on this album. OTW does not get much love from his younger fans I've noticed. Most of the fans born in the 80's and later seem to prefer his 90's output but the man had a career long before "Thriller".

I wish his younger or newer fans were more appreciative of his earlier work. Not only his albums but his earlier performances as well especially when he was in "The Jacksons". Michael was just amazing back then.

It does annoy me however that the media hardly gives any recognition to any of his albums after "Bad". Although his discography certainly isn't perfect, all of his albums have at least a few good or great songs on them imo.

First of all, nobody is saying Off the Wall isn't a good album.

Second of all, it WAS re-issued back in 2001 with bonus tracks of the demos of Don't Stop Till You Get Enough and Working Day and Night.

Third of all, the fact that they're paying tribute to this album for the TEN MILLIONTH time while it's the 25th anniversary of Dangerous, an album that hardly gets any recognition, is just unfair! The 2001 re-release of Dangerous didn't include ANY bonus material. There are probably a TON of brilliant unreleased tracks that we never heard before. Spike Lee should do a Dangerous documentary instead, if you ask me.

Whenever ANYBODY is asked about their favorite MJ album or does a highlight reel of his work, Off the Wall, Thriller, and Bad are always the albums everybody focuses on, while Dangerous gets left out in the dust.

Off the Wall gets PLENTY of recognition, trust me.

Exactly, and OFF the Wall always seems to be what the cool people say is MJ's best work. :lol: Like people who don't even know about the treasures of the 90s.

Guest bluejean

Actually Dangerous and Off The Wall have both only been re-released ONCE and both happened at THE SAME TIME (2001 I think.)

It's not surprising they are doing Off The Wall first either. The late 70's to late 80's was the peak of his career while the 90's marks the start of his demise. So they clearly want to milk the periods where he was in his prime first. I am sure Dangerous will get a re-release a few years from now.

Tbh he was huge with the Dangerous album prior to the allegations. I remember as a kid every time he released a music video it was a huge event. And yes it contains some of his best work as does History. If you ask me History is the album that is truly ignored largely because it was part of a Greatest Hits package. I don't even think they ever released it separately. Rest assured they will milk EVERYTHING as the years go by. They just want to do it slowly to get the most out of it all. Smart move.

Actually Dangerous and Off The Wall have both only been re-released ONCE and both happened at THE SAME TIME (2001 I think.)

It's not surprising they are doing Off The Wall first either. The late 70's to late 80's was the peak of his career while the 90's marks the start of his demise. So they clearly want to milk the periods where he was in his prime first. I am sure Dangerous will get a re-release a few years from now.

Tbh he was huge with the Dangerous album prior to the allegations. I remember as a kid every time he released a music video it was a huge event. And yes it contains some of his best work as does History. If you ask me History is the album that is truly ignored largely because it was part of a Greatest Hits package. I don't even think they ever released it separately. Rest assured they will milk EVERYTHING as the years go by. They just want to do it slowly to get the most out of it all. Smart move.

surprisingly now you can buy History separatedly, but not when it was released.And he was huge in the beginnning of dangerous.I remember that he was number 1 for one or two weeks in the US, and then nirvana took over and it was big news.Also, his interview with oprah helped to sell.and, also surprisingly, the acussations increades the sales of the album when they furst appeared! people didn´t want to believe it

I like his music. Kinda stopped buying at invincible. I couldn't get into the new stuff. I would say dangerous and the history Albums/best of are my fav's.

Guest bluejean

Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and History are all brilliant in their own right so Invincible really stands out as being pretty average. It has alot of good songs but as a whole it was sub par.

I wish they wouldn't re-release his album's with boring interviews with the producers etc. The remasters from the 2000's sounded fab but those tagged on interviews spoilt it. They should have just included B-sides and rarities. They were on the right path with "Thriller 25", it's just a shame the bonus tracks featured Will.i.am, Akon and Fergie. :scared:

Guest Rocco Papa

I wish they wouldn't re-release his album's with boring interviews with the producers etc. The remasters from the 2000's sounded fab but those tagged on interviews spoilt it. They should have just included B-sides and rarities. They were on the right path with "Thriller 25", it's just a shame the bonus tracks featured Will.i.am, Akon and Fergie. :scared:

They should've just put more unreleased songs on Thriller 25 instead of remixing the songs. Although, I do love that they based the P.Y.T. remix on Michael's original demo version.

Joseph Fiennes to play Michael Jackson in 9/11 road-trip drama

Joseph-Fiennes-A-flair-for-the-dramatic-

Sky Arts will screen the one-off drama, co-starring Stockard Channing as Elizabeth Taylor and Brian Cox as Marlon Brando, about the trio’s supposed road trip west from New York after the 9/11 terror attacks

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jan/26/joseph-fiennes-michael-jackson-9-11-road-trip-sky-arts

220px-Prof_Brian_Cox.jpg

:lmao:

The Spike Lee documentary was really good. I enjoyed it. I couldn't really care less about the commentary. The reason to watch is for the awesome rare footage. I loved the concert footage especially of the "Triumph" tour. I really wish MJ's estate would release a concert dvd of the "Triumph" tour. That has to be MJ's best tour ever along with "Bad".

:lmao:

:lol: someone noticed.

Did you non fanatics know that Brandy uses backing MJ vocals on this track?

It's from this weird thing Darkchild made:

wow, this Off The Wall release has been treated in Spanish TV as a major event! Love it when this kind of things happen.

Joseph Fiennes to play Michael Jackson in 9/11 road-trip drama

Joseph-Fiennes-A-flair-for-the-dramatic-

Sky Arts will screen the one-off drama, co-starring Stockard Channing as Elizabeth Taylor and Brian Cox as Marlon Brando, about the trio’s supposed road trip west from New York after the 9/11 terror attacks

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jan/26/joseph-fiennes-michael-jackson-9-11-road-trip-sky-arts

WTF?

He is so sexy, Joseph Fiennes that is.

Guest Rocco Papa

Been really getting into HIStory lately. It's such a great album...