Britney Spears covers "Burning Up"

Ugly Hecty

...I'm just gonna agree to disagree.

Believe me, it's hard for me to admit that. But she can sing, the video i posted is proof of that. I'm no Miley fan by any means, her Bangerz comeback and her whole twerking gimmick is truly one of the worst things that happened to music in general :scared:

I miss the old Britney. I remember when she first come out back in '99. I really thought she was going to be taking Madonna's place as the Queen of Pop and for a few years it seemed like she was destined for it. But then her major breakdown happened and everything began falling apart for her. I'm happy to see that she's doing well. All the medications that she's on have had a major impact on her attitude. Some of the pictures you see of her now a days makes you wonder if she's really all there. I still enjoy some of her music. I hope that her next album is better than her last one.

By the way, I never heard her version of Burning Up. I love it.

I miss the old Britney. I remember when she first come out back in '99. I really thought she was going to be taking Madonna's place as the Queen of Pop and for a few years it seemed like she was destined for it. But then her major breakdown happened and everything began falling apart for her. I'm happy to see that she's doing well. All the medications that she's on have had a major impact on her attitude. Some of the pictures you see of her now a days makes you wonder if she's really all there. I still enjoy some of her music. I hope that her next album is better than her last one.

By the way, I never heard her version of Burning Up. I love it.

Wow :manson:

Funny how someone apparently just need to lip-sync horrible autotuned songs (written by others people of course) and have huge commercial success to be "the new Queen of Pop". It's SO insulting to Madonna :manson:

I see Britney as a sort of American Kylie: bland, inoffensive and lacking in the requisite intelligence to ever say or do anything interesting or thought-provoking. For someone of such little substance, the hype around her always felt rather forced to me, so I wasn't surprised when it eventually died down, and she was only left with a carcass of a career. History will judge her as a footnote, rather than a chapter, in pop music, although her personal travails ought to serve as a cautionary tale on the pitfalls of instant global celebrity.

She never could have been the "new Madonna," because she didn't/doesn't have the ambitions/goals, artistically and as an entertainer, that Madonna did/does.

Like it or not, another female who emerged some five and a-half years ago, at least embodies some of that Madonna artistic spirit, whether she falls flat with it or not. She's not the "new Madonna," either, but she's closer to it than any of the other wannabes.

This "Burning Up" cover (which I had posted in the Spears thread, I think) just sits there. It's missing so much of what makes the original rock.

Typical from Britney fans: they don't have any arguments because they know Britney is a talentless joke and always has been.

Britney IS really the worst thing that ever happened to pop music, she made it ok for talentless "artists" to have a successful career as long as they have good looks and good producers making all the work for them. And she's such a pathetic human being too.

As for her FANS... No comment. Horrible people. They don't have any standards, they just want her to look hot and lip-sync overly autotuned shitty songs. They absolutely don't care about talent or anything. She's getting acclaimed by them basically just for BEING Britney Spears. It's really beyond sad :manson:

yawn

LOL. You guys are funny. I don't think that anyone can deny the impact that Madonna has had and still has in the music industry. But you do have to admit that when Britney came out she was outselling any other female artist out there. Her songs were very generic but fun to listen to. There wasn't anything behind any of her songs. But she always seem like a nice girl. She never intended or pretended to be the next Madonna. She knew her place and respected Madonna a lot. Let's not forget that she even collaborated with Madonna when at that time Madonna was going through her backlash because of American Life.

Guest bluejean

Miley may be more of a singer than Britney but her voice sounds horrible. Even Britney's pathetic singing has a cute sound and doesn't sound like a dying animal being strangled.

I actually brought several Britney CD's back in the day. I use to sometimes listen to her during some of my work outs, but she is just another manufactured pop star who makes tons of cash for corporate types.

Is Britney's music great & interesting -- FUCK NO, but at least she's not as attention seeking as miley & gaga. :rolleyes: Even Katy is much more boring & generic than Britney.

I don't know what has happened to the young gays, but they continue to worship straight female artists who want so bad to appear edgy & down with the fags. :sad:

I agree that Miley is also one of the worst things that happened to pop music, i definitively agree. But she's still not as bad as Britney. Nobody is as bad as her.

But Britney was a really good dancer back in the days. She had really good songs, good videos, was a brilliant dancer, i know that's not all, but she was really entertaining from 99 to 2005. I'm not a fan or anything but she gave us real good pop moments.

While Britney isn't the best singer, and she wasn't that involved early on, she was a great performer. I've seen people who are trying to take that away from her now, and are acting like Britney didn't have any influence on pop culture whatsoever (this is mostly from you-know-who's fans btw, and also Beyonce fans), but Britney was HUGE before the meltdown.

But Britney was a really good dancer back in the days. She had really good songs, good videos, was a brilliant dancer, i know that's not all, but she was really entertaining from 99 to 2005. I'm not a fan or anything but she gave us real good pop moments.

I will never understand why so many people insist about her "dancing". When you have a recording contract, you're supposed to SING. Dancing should only be a bonus. I LOVE Madonna's dancing but if she lip-synced her whole career like Britney, i wouldn't have been a fan. I like SINGERS who actually have a reason to be a part of the SINGING industry.

No offence to you Pressston or the nice Britney fans, i'm not trying to start a war. I just think people would stop overrating her like that, she's certainly not worth it.

I will never understand why so many people insist about her "dancing". When you have a recording contract, you're supposed to SING. Dancing should only be a bonus. I LOVE Madonna's dancing but if she lip-synced her whole career like Britney, i wouldn't have been a fan. I like SINGERS who actually have a reason to be a part of the SINGING industry.

No offence to you Pressston or the nice Britney fans, i'm not trying to start a war. I just think people would stop overrating her like that, she's certainly not worth it.

Oh no that's ok i totally understand your point of view.

Guest bluejean

Britney is completely manufactured. She could dance and sing a little bit but she did nothing new or innovative. Anything good she did was the result of other people (eg Max Martin, Pharrell Williams etc)

She is really overrated by her fans. I like a lot of her music but come on now. She was manufactured to be a mix of Madonna, Janet Jackson and those awful teen stars from the 80's like Tiffany. She brought nothing new to the table. At all. She was/is a superstar though. Much bigger than Rihanna, Katy or Gaga today.

She is big because of the amount of fans she acquired during her early years of success. Those fans today may not be die hards, but still hold Britney close to them just because they grew up with her. Everyone is still interested in what Britney puts out, even if it's shit.

But at the end of the day, as much of these girls are manufactured, the music is still good. I'm even shocked to say that. 10 yrs ago you would never have caught me jamming to Britney. I didn't even own ANY of her records or listened to any of them. Nowadays, Blackout and Fem Fatal are some of my fav albums. The same goes to Rihanna, who I actually rate higher than Britney. Rih is my fav pop princess.

I've never been a Britney fan. I've only like 3 or 4 singles. But at least she's lasted. Longevity impresses me. I have more respect for her than all the other pop bitches out there right now. If they last 15 years, then I'll give them respect.