The GET TOGETHER worship thread

Roland Barthes

I love this song, it's one of my all-time favourites of the Confessions album.

It's aged really good, can't believe it's been almost ten years.

But wait, there are 3 demos? I always thought there was only one (the one posted above), but found another one (same length, but seems to be an even earlier mix) on youtube. What's the 3rd one?

here is what the legendary IssacHarris had to say:

one of those songs that instantly transports me to another place & time; on a far way dancefloor, Madonna being the chameleon that she is, assumes the role of a fellow club-goer & I become the love interest. She asks frankly if I believe in love at first sight as we both groove in unison.This sums up what clubbing is all about; two people face-to-face, for brief moment in time in perfect harmony. It isn't love, but who cares!? And what a lovely contrast between the cold, electronic beats & the warm sensitive lyrics. Despite the dancey delivery, I'd say its one of her more intimate songs and one of my favorites of the last decade.

Beautiful description!Also it's worth mentioning Get Together was nominated for Best Dance Recording (over Hung Up,Sorry and Jump) at the Grammys the following year

Guest PRPapi

I absolutely LOOOOVE Get Together: it is on my top 10 all-time best M songs list! SO glad to see a whole appreciation thread for it. :)

Fondest memory of the song:

I was responsible for DJ-ing a close couple friend's wedding. The crowd was fantastic, and there were a lot of Brazilians there - who are absolutely, amazingly fun-loving people. When I played Hung Up, the crowd went wild. I played it directly off the album, so when the ticking finished and the alarm rang at the beginning of Get Together, MUCH to my surprise, the crowd went even WILDER! I was SO surprised that so many knew the song! (At that time, only Hung Up was out as a single.) Plus, that alarm works MAGIC at a big dance party! Anyway, we were all dancing up a storm. Through the dancing, I went around telling everyone to follow my lead after the breakdown. During the slow-burning, perfect breakdown of Get Together, everyone's eyes were on me...........and, then, when that perfect beat hit, I started twirling around like crazy, and the WHOLE CROWD started twirling along with me!!! For a long while, too! It was absolutely EPIC! I got chills seeing men, women, children, teens, old folks, all together, twirling around to Get Together just like Madonna. Ahhh...memories. :)

I absolutely LOOOOVE Get Together: it is on my top 10 all-time best M songs list! SO glad to see a whole appreciation thread for it. :)

I was responsible for DJ-ing a close couple friend's wedding. The crowd was fantastic, and there were a lot of Brazilians there - who are absolutely, amazingly fun-loving people. When I played Hung Up, the crowd went wild. I played it directly off the album, so when the ticking finished and the alarm rang at the beginning of Get Together, MUCH to my surprise, the crowd went even WILDER! I was SO surprised that so many knew the song! (At that time, only Hung Up was out as a single.) Plus, that alarm works MAGIC at a big dance party! Anyway, we were all dancing up a storm. Through the dancing, I went around telling everyone to follow my lead after the breakdown. During the slow-burning, perfect breakdown of Get Together, everyone's eyes were on me...........and, then, when that perfect beat hit, I started twirling around like crazy, and the WHOLE CROWD started twirling along with me!!! For a long while, too! It was absolutely EPIC! I got chills seeing men, women, children, teens, old folks, all together, twirling around to Get Together just like Madonna. Ahhh...memories. :)

Wow, that sounds fantastic!!! :)

Of course, this was back in the day when you couldnt just readily go to the internet and hear snippets and leaks (easily), or even see promo in other countries, so all I I had heard about the Confessions CD was Hung Up single (which at first I wasn;t reaaly sure about). So I just bought the CD and went home to listen, started OK with Hung Up .. and then GT came on. I couldnt even play through to the rest of the CD coz I just had to keep replaying this one song, that I just couldn't beleive the brilliance I was listening to. It was everything a pop song shoudl be yet unlike anything I had heard before. I just couldn't understand how this was not the lead single. I was worried about listening to the rest of the CD becasue surely there could not be anything better than Get Together. I was right, but ultimately disappointed that this wasn't the worldwide hit it deserved to be. This song should have been that decade's Into the Groove or Vogue.

I still ADORE Get Together after all these years :dramatic: it's literally perfection. Never get tired of it. Definitely one of her greatest songs EVER.

Of course, this was back in the day when you couldnt just readily go to the internet and hear snippets and leaks (easily), or even see promo in other countries, so all I I had heard about the Confessions CD was Hung Up single (which at first I wasn;t reaaly sure about). So I just bought the CD and went home to listen, started OK with Hung Up .. and then GT came on. I couldnt even play through to the rest of the CD coz I just had to keep replaying this one song, that I just couldn't beleive the brilliance I was listening to. It was everything a pop song shoudl be yet unlike anything I had heard before. I just couldn't understand how this was not the lead single. I was worried about listening to the rest of the CD becasue surely there could not be anything better than Get Together. I was right, but ultimately disappointed that this wasn't the worldwide hit it deserved to be. This song should have been that decade's Into the Groove or Vogue.

Hard to believe 2005 was a decade ago :( I think COAD is her most overrated album of all time but Get Together and Future Lovers are 2 gems that'll never get old.I got my first job as a teenager working at a hotel giftshop during COAD's first week release and I'd play Get Together constantly during my shift!

Guest PRPapi

Hard to believe 2005 was a decade ago :( I think COAD is her most overrated album of all time but Get Together and Future Lovers are 2 gems that'll never get old.I got my first job as a teenager working at a hotel giftshop during COAD's first week release and I'd play Get Together constantly during my shift!

Hmmm...after thinking about it some, I agree with you: COADF IS one of her most overrated albums (LAV is more overrated, I think). I really only LOVE three songs off of it: GT, FL and LIWB (they're all timeless gems!). I only like all the others, except for ILNY and Push, which I hate. On a whole and over the years, COADF has definitely gone down in ranking on my M albums list. But, Get Together remains in my top 10 M songs EVER!

This is one of her most under-rated songs of all time. It was a modern day Madonna pop classic equal to her 80's big ones and should be performed on every tour Madonna does from here on out. Its major!

Hmmm...after thinking about it some, I agree with you: COADF IS one of her most overrated albums (LAV is more overrated, I think). I really only LOVE three songs off of it: GT, FL and LIWB (they're all timeless gems!). I only like all the others, except for ILNY and Push, which I hate. On a whole and over the years, COADF has definitely gone down in ranking on my M albums list. But, Get Together remains in my top 10 M songs EVER!

LAV is overated??? :dead:

It's at the bottom of everyone list in this thread: http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=49891&page=1

I don't see how it can be overated, :lol:

Guest PRPapi

LAV is overated??? :dead:

It's at the bottom of everyone list in this thread: http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=49891&page=1

I don't see how it can be overated, :lol:

Well, I meant by the general public, as it sold tons and people, generally, refer to it in a positive light - maybe not here, though. But, yeah, it should be at the bottom of everyone's list. LOL!

It's such a beautiful story!!!

YES! It was a game changer for women in pop. I'm over seeing it get bashed!

If we did a survey, we would see that 99.99% of those who think it's overrated were born after 1990, that's why some don't understand the IMPACT, the MULTIPLE GLOBAL HITS (LAV, MG, ITG, DYU), the wannabes, the absolute revolution of promotion in terms of pop (video, scandal), the iconic images everywhere...

So many great songs off Confessions but i absolutely adore Get Together. It's perfect.

I agree. Get Together is perfection from start to end. I fell in love with it the moment I heard it. One of my favorite Madonna songs of all time. Timeless, classic, still sounds so fresh today.