The GET TOGETHER worship thread

Roland Barthes

I've been listening to the 3 leaked demos + album version all day long.

I can't chose between the demos and album versions because both are so fucking good.

The demos are more melancholic with a sense of yearning and vulnerability ... and those gorgeous strings

And of course the euphoric balearic album version where she seems more in charge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUFdujYtvPo

THIS ONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MASSIVE !

And i Absolutely love her performance on Parkinson, simple & fresh

normal_madonnabykenmckayft5.jpg

This should have been the second single with a proper video. It is one of madonnas best songs... it could have been massive. Anyone I play it to loves it. This song is what made me become a Madonna fan!

I agree it should've been MASSIVE!

One of my all time favorites from her catalog, It's so soothing and sensual, well at least to me.

Feel-good song, love it LOADS

This should have been the second single with a proper video. It is one of madonnas best songs... it could have been massive. Anyone I play it to loves it. This song is what made me become a Madonna fan!

I know even people in my circle who can't stand Madonna just love this song and they don't understnd why it is not more well known.

It is her best song of the 2000's PERIOD :wow:

Madonna got everything last detail right; the catchy melody, the warm lyrics, the icey Spaced-Out beat. It's one of those songs you just have to play over & over when noone else is around to really get the FULL EFFECT. I don't know about yall, but it takes me to another dimension, to a glow-in-the-dark gay bar in an alternate galaxy. UGH, I have never & will never get tired of jamming to it!

A truly magical song.

I love this thread already!

The Confessions performance is so great too. Madonna is so sexy and beautiful and I ADORE the choreography, she dances it so well.

I agree with Isaac it is a magical song.

Love the song, the best off the Confessions album.

What's funny is that the song wasn't a big hit in the US but I hear it a lot.

My gym plays a remix of it, I heard is twice at the Wawa convience store and I heard an extended mix last summer at a lesbian bar where EVERYONE was dancing.

I'm glad about other people posting that many feel the track kicks ass! GT has always been one from my favorite M songs from her discography. I actually like video, but it obviously does not give a song any justice.

For many of us who were fortunate enough to have seen Confessions live-- I love the way GT sounded blasting out at MSG! The audience loved it

The best & my fave single from COAD! Awesome club banging song! Very now sounding. Might be a hit if it is release today.

A proper video would be perfect.....Im sorry but i really dont like the CT performance. Boring and uneventful. I always skip that part when watching on my dvd. I want an elaborate bombastic performance of this song.

It's beautiful. And to be honest, I absolutely loathed it when it first came out. I didn't see the appeal. But my love for it grew overtime. As previously stated, it's beautiful. Her yearning for this love, and unlike the songs on the first album, she wants a serious love. An exploration. She wants to go on a journey. That's what I want right now in my life.

It came in at #9 on our Top 40 list. here is what the legendary IssacHarris had to say:

one of those songs that instantly transports me to another place & time; on a far way dancefloor, Madonna being the chameleon that she is, assumes the role of a fellow club-goer & I become the love interest. She asks frankly if I believe in love at first sight as we both groove in unison.This sums up what clubbing is all about; two people face-to-face, for brief moment in time in perfect harmony. It isn't love, but who cares!? And what a lovely contrast between the cold, electronic beats & the warm sensitive lyrics. Despite the dancey delivery, I'd say its one of her more intimate songs and one of my favorites of the last decade.

Easily my favorite song of all time! Confessions really spoke to me when it came out, this song has literally been with me ever since...that beat, so so powerful and sexy! Get Together absolutely confirmed my Madonna-lifestyle the instant I heard it

I know people who DESPISE Madonna but LOVE LOVE LOVE this song. This song was robbed of it's global love by the U.S radio stations. This is the BEST song on COAD.

One of my fav Madonna songs ever. Definitely in my Top10. And let's not forget, probably her most influential of the last decade.

I love everything about it, including the video, although I prefer the edit version over the one on Celebration DVD.

Clearly one of the best songs of her career and easily the best from COADF.

It was love at first audition for me (which happens very rarely) so that says a lot.

I'm always under the impression that, because this song wasn't a hit, people (fans and non-fans) are not very fond of it. But then come threads like this when everyone is gushing over it and I get all "fuck yeah!" cause the song is getting the love it deserves. :inlove:

I'm not really into the TCT version either, idk, it just doesn't feel as epic as the recorded version, but I absolutely love the video (don't understand why it gets so much hate - yes, it could have been much better, but I think it fits nicely with the mood of the song as it is).

And to echo pretty much everyone in this thread, why wasn't GT a worldwide smash hit? :americanlife: #lifeisamystery

GT is timeless and will never age. (Almost) 9 years later and still sounds better than anything on the radio right now :clap: #TPOM