MDNA 2nd ANNIVERSARY

rb19

Amongst all this Like a Prayer 25 blabla it has been very easy to forget that it is also the second anniversary of the lesser baby of M's discography MDNA today! I wasn't too active back then but I had joined the forum in the run up to the release and was very excited from the sidelines.

It was a shaky start to that year; even though W.E. was being lambasted by press we were cautiously excited, although we had heard the Give Me All Your Love demo we were optimistic and hopeful for something bigger and better. we found out the name of the album at the very beginning of the year on Graham Norton

maxresdefault.jpg

We had the legendary SECOND GOLDEN GLOBE (M's personal Globes were, once again, in attendance) and the whole Elton drama kicked off again

wenn3687213.jpg

then Give Me All Your Luvin was released

then on the same day the SACRED and ICONIC super bowl

and then everything went on sale at once and MDNA became the most preordered album in itunes history. we got the album sampler, and the reviews, and Girl Gone Wild

and then it all leaked and people had meltdowns good and bad, she went on tour and it was amazing and she kept changing it up, there were all the rumours about the video she was working on, and it just turned out to be Turn Up the Radio but it was still fun

(the video won't work!)

and then all the rumours about the last single and the Terror Bride and the south america video shoot and all we got was this

Madonna+-+Superstar+(Eddie+Amador+Remix)

and then it all just trailed off sadly, but it was fun while it lasted and we got some real iconica out of it so we can't complain too much.

Happy Birthday!!

• Great videos for such a cringe songs: GMAYL and Girl Gone Wal'
  • Turn Up The Radio: Video and song, still a favorite. :wow:
  • Superbowl performance: No words. :wow:
  • The moment she announced the album title @ Norton Show. :wow:
  • Gang Bang MDNA performace, wow.

well, I'm ready for the next era.

Madonna delivered. MDNA is such an amazing album. 2012 was a better year because of it. And 2012 in general was such a great year for us, Madonna fans. One of the best.

The cover(s).

The title.

The videos.

I still love the Holy Trinity of album openers :wow:

Also, wasn't it around this time (21st-22nd March) that the amazing GGW video was released? Like :clap:

OH MY GOD

I'M HEARTILY SORRY

FOR HAVING OFFENDED THEE

AND I DETEST ALL MY SINS

BECAUSE I DREAD THE LOSS OF HEAVEN

AND THE PAIN OF HELL

BUT MOST OF ALL CAUSE I LOVE THEE

AND WANT SO BADLY TO BE GOOD

It's become a fav album of mine.

Has some of the strongest tracks she has ever recorded in her life (and some of her weakest :x)

I just adore the opening and closing tracks.

Love it and agree with all the comments. A little shitty on traditional promotion but it all turned out pretty amazing, glorious and iconic with the tour, and every other release, shoot, video, interview, look...etc..

This...

lte5daT.jpg

Not to mention I still absolutely love the movie W.E., the score, the tour...the secretproject. Everything about MDNA was pretty rewarding.

Happy Birthday MDNA!

Though not groundbreaking or as classic as some of her other works, this was a fun album that gave us some great songs (Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Falling Free, Love Spent). I enjoyed it when it was released and still do-just wish she had the time to promote it more.

We got a lot of good stuff out of this era. I'm pretty pleased with it. I would've picked a different lead single, and maybe made a few other changes, but really it all came together pretty well. Since we won't have a time-consuming Super Bowl situation next time, I hope we see a return to some traditional album promo (in Europe, Japan and elsewhere).

The album cover for the deluxe edition is still one of the best she's ever done.

I'm grateful for this one.

An interesting collection of songs. Falling Free, Beautiful Killer, I'm A Sinner, I'm Addicted and Love Spent have become part of The Immaculate Cannon. Girl Gone Wild and Some Girls are personal favorites.

Many iconica moments.

The tour was absolutely everything, and more.

A hit would've been nice.

I felt the album was all over the place (like the Music album) though i love some songs on it. Most especially I Fucked Up and Love Spent. How I wish the former was included in the standard album. She should scrapped the happy tracks, leave and focus the dark/angry/guy ritchie songs just to have coherent theme.

Im still addicted to Girl Gone Wild video, its her best video in years! I love her Varla/puff hair look, wished she used that image on the cover of the album. I remember I was in heaven and surprised when she dance and did a group choreography in the video.

Im still addicted to Girl Gone Wild video, its her best video in years! I love her Varla/puff hair look, wished she used that image on the cover of the album. I remember I was in heaven and surprised when she dance and did a group choreography in the video.

Yes! It was the return of the group choreo. I think the last video of its kind had been Don't Tell Me.

WHAT A GREAT ERA!! ONLY MADONNA, AFTER 30 YS, CAN BRING A NEW ERA OF SUCH ICONIC NEW MOMENTS AND IMAGERY..... (SOME MISSES, BUT WHO CARES!!!)

:bow: :bow: :bow:

. I remember I was in heaven and surprised when she dance and did a group choreography in the video.

Me too!! I remember when the first chorus started and it was just the guys dancing I was thinking, "now, she should be right up front, dancing with them!" When the second chorus came around, I was satisfied. ;)