Madonna, armpit hair

karbatal

No, I'm sure she'll just continue to have moments like this when she feels needy of attention. Thankfully she's released some sexy pics (sans fake pit hair) to redress the balance. :tongue:

Women owning their bodies is not being needy for attention. Madonna is not without thought to what she says and does no matter what the trend is today or what the perception is. When it comes to Madonna, so many get it so wrong.

Women owning their bodies is not being needy for attention. Madonna is not without thought to what she says and does no matter what the trend is today or what the perception is. When it comes to Madonna, so many get it so wrong.

:clap:

I don't get why people are saying she did it for attention. She posted a photo on her Instagram, and somehow media caught on. How would she know that some hair would cause such a frenzy? If you had asked me before all this, I would never have believed it would have become a worldwide media sensation. It's just some hair.

I'm sure the same could be said if we caught sight of your protruding labia. :chuckle:

I hope it got caught in your mouth on your way out :sassy:

To all the people bitching about M's "armpit" hair: don't you realize "body hair image" is a social construction? An ideology that places women in a separate space from men. You all say it's okay for a man to have hair there, but why can't a woman? Why is it such a big/nasty deal?! Give it up to Madonna for starting yet-another conversation about a woman's space in a male-dominated world, and what she should/should not do. Step out of your comfort zones and GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!! This Life ain't just about you ;)

I don't get why people are saying she did it for attention. She posted a photo on her Instagram, and somehow media caught on. How would she know that some hair would cause such a frenzy? If you had asked me before all this, I would never have believed it would have become a worldwide media sensation. It's just some hair.

I don't care if she did do it for attention -it's highlighted complete double standards for men and women. It's pushed people's buttons in a good way. And she didn't even have to get a nipple out.

I hope it got caught in your mouth on your way out :sassy:

Yeah, even tasted the shit particles from those dangling beef curtains. :rotfl:

It's nothing to do with owning one's body. There's nothing feminist or intellectual about it. Pretty much everything M does is considered before she does it and she knows that doing stuff like this will get her a bit of attention before the new album comes out. It's her way of saying 'I'm still here' despite the recent music failing to make a big impact. Thankfully she still does fantastic tours.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yeah, even tasted the shit particles from those dangling beef curtains. :rotfl:

Flop comeback.

The labia is nowhere near the anus. :lmao:

It's nothing to do with owning one's body. There's nothing feminist or intellectual about it. Pretty much everything M does is considered before she does it and she knows that doing stuff like this will get her a bit of attention before the new album comes out. It's her way of saying 'I'm still here' despite the recent music failing to make a big impact. Thankfully she still does fantastic tours.

Yeesh. These posts just keep getting worse and worse. Not trying to be mean or anything, but I would suggest you stop posting in this thread. Lol.

Yeah it does have something to do with owning one's body and it is feminist because Madonna is a woman who flipped more than a few people out yesterday showing something that women have but feel pressure to hide. It's not about wanting to get everyone's approval. It's about women feeling comfortable with their bodies. Anything that inspires discussion is intellectual. I agree that Madonna is aware enough of the hypocrisy of society but I believe her intention is to bring it front and center and inspire discussion. To look at things in another way.

It's a valid discussion. I look at the instagram pic and see Madonna has showed armpit hair but honestly her makeup is what bothered me. What's the big deal about the hair? Make up is something you choose to apply so I see no problem criticising it but to criticise something that is a natural part of your body? I don't get the big uproar over it. Madonna did not create that uproar. They did with their own issues. She has said it before. "Your the one with the problem." Obviously people have a problem with it.

Yeah it does have something to do with owning one's body and it is feminist because Madonna is a woman who flipped more than a few people out yesterday showing something that women have but feel pressure to hide. It's not about wanting to get everyone's approval. It's about women feeling comfortable with their bodies. Anything that inspires discussion is intellectual. I agree that Madonna is aware enough of the hypocrisy of society but I believe her intention is to bring it front and center and inspire discussion. To look at things in another way.

It's a valid discussion. I look at the instagram pic and see Madonna has showed armpit hair but honestly her makeup is what bothered me. What's the big deal about the hair? Make up is something you choose to apply so I see no problem criticising it but to criticise something that is a natural part of your body? I don't get the big uproar over it. Madonna did not create that uproar. They did with their own issues. She has said it before. "Your the one with the problem." Obviously people have a problem with it.

Great post Larkspur.

The media GIVE her the attention. That bullshit "she does it for attention" gets me rattled up. To me it was a fun innocent pic and as always with a lot of what she does, gets a lot of attention. The relevancy!

The media GIVE her the attention. That bullshit "she does it for attention" gets me rattled up. To me it was a fun innocent pic and as always with a lot of what she does, gets a lot of attention. The relevancy!

My thoughts EXACTLY. She was just having some fun, and shared something with her fans.

1012286_680423488683121_1651621828_n.jpg

“Going to high school, I saw how popular girls had to behave to get the boys. I knew I couldn’t fit into that. So I decided to do the opposite. I refused to wear makeup, to have a hairstyle. I refused to shave. I had hairy armpits.” She added, “The boys in my school would make fun of me. ‘Hairy monster.’ You know, things like that.” -Madonna

The original Mother Monster! :smug:

Guest Pud Whacker

1012286_680423488683121_1651621828_n.jpg

“Going to high school, I saw how popular girls had to behave to get the boys. I knew I couldn’t fit into that. So I decided to do the opposite. I refused to wear makeup, to have a hairstyle. I refused to shave. I had hairy armpits.” She added, “The boys in my school would make fun of me. ‘Hairy monster.’ You know, things like that.” -Madonna

The original Mother Monster! :smug:

QUEEN OF LIFE!

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that this is even worth the fuss. It's body hair. It's a person's prerogative (male or female) as to whether or not they want to shave it off or let it grow grow grow (although yes, hers was def not real). Standards suck.

I mean...

theres-people-thatr-dying-kim.jpg