Madonna on Instagram Part IV: The Queen continues to re-invent The Selfie

XXL

Not sure but wondering if comparing the word ICON to I Can't - the 2 letters meaning O instead of A and then the T not appearing. However, not sure of the meaning of it all. Very cryptic indeed.

Not sure but wondering if comparing the word ICON to I Can't - the 2 letters meaning O instead of A and then the T not appearing. However, not sure of the meaning of it all. Very cryptic indeed.

I took it as she's saying in life you can either choose to say you can't do something and give up on life or you can choose to make an effort and believe in yourself and try to achieve something and that will make you an icon. Part of what makes Madonna an inspirational icon is she doesn't take no for an answer and think something can't be done, but has a positive spirt and believes in herself. It makes perfect sense to me and honestly I didn't find it all puzzling.

"That revolution of love is doing nothing"

If it changes ONE person's mind to express anything positive in the world, then it is a success.

Yeah, but that's hardly a revolution.

Weekend reading! Im so excited! Love John Willie.#thanksandy #artforfreedom

6c593cfac84b11e396e10002c9543af6_8.jpg

The "Andy" who M gives thanks to may very well be her hairdresser ANDY LECOMPTE, shown below doing his first haircut of 2014..... :D

ANDY LECOMPTE'S Instagram, January 3rd 2014

0cc21af2740711e38320127b8422322d_8.jpg

.....and at M's 2013 birthday celebration:

ANDY LECOMPTE'S Instagram, August 18th 2013

cef5000e084a11e3a68422000a1fb163_7.jpg

Weekend reading! Im so excited! Love John Willie.#thanksandy #artforfreedom

6c593cfac84b11e396e10002c9543af6_8.jpg

The "Andy" who M gives thanks to may very well be her hairdresser ANDY LECOMPTE, shown below doing his first haircut of 2014..... :D

ANDY LECOMPTE'S Instagram, January 3rd 2014

0cc21af2740711e38320127b8422322d_8.jpg

.....and at M's 2013 birthday celebration:

ANDY LECOMPTE'S Instagram, August 18th 2013

cef5000e084a11e3a68422000a1fb163_7.jpg

I thought the same but it could also be Andy Cohen. :lol:

I think that book Bizarre is a big hint of what's to come.

I was thinking that too. John Willie's character, Sweet Gwendoline, sounds like a sister to Dita. :bedtimestorynyc:

Yes... "i want to start a revolution of Love" is a bit pointless without being objective about her point of view or how exactly she wants to start her revolution. It kind of reminds me of those famous Obama slogans "yes we can", "time for change"... i believe this is an american way to express feelings though...

Not sure how any of this is "American." Obama's slogans were fairly clear and simple: "Yes we can"... make a difference, make change. In was a way of motivating people to vote. Most Americans do not vote. "Time for change"... how can that be any clearer? We had eight years of George W. Bush, which was obviously a total disaster for the country and the world. It was time for change. John McCain represented more of the same. Have you seen the film "NO"? That took place in Chile in the 80s and it was all about using simple slogans to communicate and motivate people.

M's message is arguably vague. But that's why she should stick to other issues and not try to be "political." She's often misinformed or oversimplifies things.

Not sure how any of this is "American." Obama's slogans were fairly clear and simple: "Yes we can"... make a difference, make change. In was a way of motivating people to vote. Most Americans do not vote. "Time for change"... how can that be any clearer? We had eight years of George W. Bush, which was obviously a total disaster for the country and the world. It was time for change. John McCain represented more of the same. Have you seen the film "NO"? That took place in Chile in the 80s and it was all about using simple slogans to communicate and motivate people.

M's message is arguably vague. But that's why she should stick to other issues and not try to be "political." She's often misinformed or oversimplifies things.

How can you not oversimplify things on instagram? There's not space to go into details. I don't see anything wrong with revolution of love. There is so much hate in this world against different races, sexual orientations, genders etc. She's political in a humanist way which I think is fine. She's not political in a conventional policy way like giving her views on the Affordable Care Act.