New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

I got so freaking excited just now!!!! Saw her new pic on Instagram, working with Natalia Kills. I'm gonna research all kinds of info on this Natalia now, like a power nerd that I am!!! Lol

So random. I don't know much about her music, but I saw her open for Robyn a few years back and she seemed alright/Gaga esque.

I saw her, too. She seemed like a poor man's Gaga to me..

Ok just watched a couple of her videos on YouTube. the girl is not known as much, but boy is she talented! Her songs have great lyrics, good catchy melodies, sweet beats and a nice ambient feel to them. I think Madonna will make some great stuff with this Natalia. And please, don't mention Lady Fucktard!! Gaga has a long way to go to achieve such a natural inner talent and a creative soul.

I think sumthin is definitely up with that tasting Holy Water line (which is a cool line) and it looks like Rebel Heart really might be something serious.

I looked up this Natalia chick and she only does writing on her own work so it would make sense that she's doing writing with M. I'm more than okay with that. Check out this track. Sounds like something Madonna would write.

If anything, Natalia Kills reminds me more of Lana del Rey and Nelly Furtado. I like her. Glad to be introduced to her through Madonna :)

Now this is a total surprise, interesting collaboration choice...I have been enjoying Natalia's debut, especially her early videos, however somehow I skipped her second album. I have to check it out now!

I got so freaking excited just now!!!! Saw her new pic on Instagram, working with Natalia Kills. I'm gonna research all kinds of info on this Natalia now, like a power nerd that I am!!! Lol

Power nerd hahahaha that was a good one

I'm excited too, don't know who Natalia Kills is but Madonna looks very into it and that's a good sign!

Guest SecretGarden

That cover is not blown just yet :-)

Actually I think the other person in the instagram picture is producer Martin Kierszenbaum, who worked most prominently on Lady Gaga's debut and Natalia's own albums.

Here is one of the songs he produced:

Guest Not4Pussies

do you guys think she's going for a lorde/lana del rey sound? natalia kills reminds me of them a tad bit

I'm personally quite fond of the harder Natalia Kills tracks. Saw her open for a Robyn concert 3 to 4 years ago. Pretty cool attitude she has and is able to mix hard industrial sounds with pop melodies and sensibilities. Should be a very interesting collabo. She also has a pretty dark and raw view on the world. So I'm expecting music with a lot of lyrical content and a message instead of pop fluff!

Two of my fav Natalia Kills tracks:

"Controversy":

and "Love Is A Suicide":

http://youtu.be/IEWTG0VFJRE

I don't know her, but i can't wait to hear the album!

I'm not worried about the number of people involved btw, Madonna always has tons of lyrics and melodies ready even before starting to work on her albums :)

Natalia Kills - May 19, 2011
Cheeky: How do you feel about artists who do not write their own material?

NK: I still respect people who don’t write their own songs. If you don’t write your own songs, that’s fine; as long as you fully embody it. I believe when Madonna or Beyoncé pick a song that has mostly been written by someone else, I feel like they’re picking something that was written for them. Or it directly relates to an experience that really touches their heart. An experience that they’ve been through, so they can’t live without that song. Sometimes when I hear a song, like when Robyn sings “Cry When You Get Older,” I feel like it’s the story of my life. I don’t disrespect a singer that has a song written for them where the artist doesn’t have any involvement in the writing. If you really deliver it, have passion and believe in it, your art is in the embodiment of it; in the delivery of it.

Cheeky: What attracts you to a song upon first hearing it: the melody or the lyrics?

Natalia Kills: It’s always the lyrics. As a songwriter, I wrote all of the songs on my album – the lyrics are the priority because it’s the message. I’ve been given this incredible, fantastic opportunity that hardly anyone gets. I get to spread my opinion, my life experience into the world for people to either celebrate to and enjoy or absolutely despise and never want to listen to again, whichever it may be. To me, the message is in the lyrics. Listen to anyone from Jimmy Hendrix, Nirvana and The Beatles to Alanis Morissette and Eminem. Obviously I’m mentioning very angst ridden artists, but they’re the biggest artists in the world. Prince and Michael Jackson and Madonna and Kate Bush and Depeche Mode and Eurythmics. The biggest artists in the world. It’s always about the message. It’s always about the opinion behind it because that’s what changes the world.

Cheeky: Do you see yourself recording someone else’s work in the future?

NK: For me personally, I don’t know if I could do that. It’s different being on a feature, being on someone else’s track. For my records, I don’t know if that’s something I could convincingly do. I gave up acting so long ago. I feel like it’s just not time to play a character anymore. Singing songs that don’t relate to me or trying to convince myself I’ve been through an experience when I’ve had no involvement in creating [the protagonist]. I’m not sure if that skill is my calling in life.

http://cheekychicago.com/natalia-kills-2/#

Actually I think the other person in the instagram picture is producer Martin Kierszenbaum, who worked most prominently on Lady Gaga's debut and Natalia's own albums.

Here is one of the songs he produced:

Thank a lot, that is very important actually to know who produces the song.

Thank a lot, that is very important actually to know who produces the song.

Madonna Hits The Studio With Natalia Kills, Martin Kierszenbaum

By Keith Caulfield

| April 10, 2014 4:01 AM EDT

madonna-amnesty-international-650-430.jp

Madonna on stage during the Amnesty International Concert in Brooklyn, New York.

Monica Simoes

Madonna's in the studio with Natalia Kills and Martin Kierszenbaum.

The Queen of Pop shared an image on Instagram late in the evening on Wednesday (April 9) with the caption "Working the midnight shift with Natalia Kills. 2 girls on a couch… don't it taste like Holy Water? #artforfreedom #rebelheart #revolutionoflove"

In the photo, Madonna is sitting with pop singer/songwriter Kills, in front of two microphones. In the foreground is Martin Kierszenbaum, the founder and chairman of Cherrytree Records (Kills' label) and senior executive of A&R for Interscope Records.

Among his many credits, Kierszenbaum A&R'd Lady Gaga's debut album "The Fame," and co-wrote and produced four of the songs on the set. He also did A&R for Gaga's "The Fame Monster" EP.

Madonna's next studio album will be released on Interscope Records.

Her collaboration with Kills comes shortly after Madonna confirmed that she had worked with DJ/producer Avicii in March. On March 12, she posted a photo of her and the EDM superstar to Instagram, saying: "The End of a long week with Viking Leader AKA DJ Virgo AKA Avicii! So many great songs! #icantwait #revolution"

Back in February, Madonna said that "plans" were "in the works already" for a new album. That followed a comment by her manager, Guy Oseary, in January, where he said that Madonna was "eager to get started" on her next album.

Madonna's forthcoming set will be the follow-up to 2012's "MDNA." It debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and has sold 536,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Madonna Hits The Studio With Natalia Kills, Martin Kierszenbaum

By Keith Caulfield

| April 10, 2014 4:01 AM EDT

madonna-amnesty-international-650-430.jp

Madonna on stage during the Amnesty International Concert in Brooklyn, New York.

Monica Simoes

Madonna's in the studio with Natalia Kills and Martin Kierszenbaum.

The Queen of Pop shared an image on Instagram late in the evening on Wednesday (April 9) with the caption "Working the midnight shift with Natalia Kills. 2 girls on a couch… don't it taste like Holy Water? #artforfreedom #rebelheart #revolutionoflove"

In the photo, Madonna is sitting with pop singer/songwriter Kills, in front of two microphones. In the foreground is Martin Kierszenbaum, the founder and chairman of Cherrytree Records (Kills' label) and senior executive of A&R for Interscope Records.

Among his many credits, Kierszenbaum A&R'd Lady Gaga's debut album "The Fame," and co-wrote and produced four of the songs on the set. He also did A&R for Gaga's "The Fame Monster" EP.

Madonna's next studio album will be released on Interscope Records.

Her collaboration with Kills comes shortly after Madonna confirmed that she had worked with DJ/producer Avicii in March. On March 12, she posted a photo of her and the EDM superstar to Instagram, saying: "The End of a long week with Viking Leader AKA DJ Virgo AKA Avicii! So many great songs! #icantwait #revolution"

Back in February, Madonna said that "plans" were "in the works already" for a new album. That followed a comment by her manager, Guy Oseary, in January, where he said that Madonna was "eager to get started" on her next album.

Madonna's forthcoming set will be the follow-up to 2012's "MDNA." It debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and has sold 536,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Oh snap! She's using Gaga's own people. Ha! By the way, Wikipedia says Martin went to U of Michigan too.

Looks like MDNA has sold 3,000 copies since last November,