New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

Lilly Allen has said she is fewming with the first 2 songs the label released. She had no choice in the contract, they are the worst on her album and feels like a slave. Obviously sometimes you have no choice.

Madonna has a little bit more decisional power than a Lily Allen though, don't you think? :lol: As one would certainly expect by now since she had plenty in the 80s already, compared to the vast majority of the scene. Let alone now considering 30 years later she's still masterminding distribution/licensing/endorsement deals and out-earning any other celebrity or professional in film and music

I can't see the analogy tbh. Fact is Madonna has always done what interests her and herself firstmost. A lot of times that happened to coincide with what fans loved/wanted/expected. Sometimes it didn't. That's all

Madonna is awesome though, no matter what. And I hate it when people say #artforfreedom is a flop. Such things as trying to make fucking revolution, don't come easy!! People don't respond to such things with utmost eagerness and interest. People don't want to think and use their brains. So whoever says it's a flop only confirms that. And trying to make a difference takes a lot of time, patience and devotion. Madonna knew that. She knows what she's doing. If there is at least one young soul who got her message through the art for freedom project, she succeeded. It's never about the numbers. Go and try to make a difference at least in your life before criticizing Madonna and her attempt to make a difference in yours. Ugh... I just woke up btw good morning :)

Madonna has a little bit more decisional power than a Lily Allen though, don't you think? :lol: As one would certainly expect by now since she had plenty in the 80s already, compared to the vast majority of the scene. Let alone now considering 30 years later she's still masterminding distribution/licensing/endorsement deals and out-earning any other celebrity or professional in film and music

I can't see the analogy tbh. Fact is Madonna has always done what interests her and herself firstmost. A lot of times that happened to coincide with what fans loved/wanted/expected. Sometimes it didn't. That's all

And in some instances, her label pushed different singles or her manager or people around her advised her not to do this or that. She's in control in the end.

Given the prominence of the singles in the live show, I think Madonna was very much in favour of them although I think she changed GMAYL because there was a lot of negative reaction to the song.

She doesn't get her way all the time. We know she wanted candy shop releasing and she opened the tour with it and then had again on the Mdna tour but it never became a single. She has influence but not complete control.

Also wasn't there an issue with the Music album? She wanted 'Impressive Instant' a single? There was some sort of argument with warner, they wanted 'amazing' So neither came out.

Guest bluejean

Given the prominence of the singles in the live show, I think Madonna was very much in favour of them although I think she changed GMAYL because there was a lot of negative reaction to the song.

She doesn't get her way all the time. We know she wanted candy shop releasing and she opened the tour with it and then had again on the Mdna tour but it never became a single. She has influence but not complete control.

I think it's the other way round. She has final say but a lot of other people influencing her choices. I think if she really really wanted Candy Shop as lead single she could have had her way but Madonna is too smart to not listen to the people around her. She's even said herself she's not great at picking the singles.

And in some instances, her label pushed different singles or her manager or people around her advised her not to do this or that. She's in control in the end.

:thumbsup:

The only pop singer that gets offered and will ever be offered a $120m deal at age 49

If that isn't a sign of someone who's pulling the strings, I don't know what else is

Guest Not4Pussies

Which interview is it ? i'd like to see it !

you can't see it. you have to read it.

rolling stone magazine 2009

Also wasn't there an issue with the Music album? She wanted 'Impressive Instant' a single? There was some sort of argument with warner, they wanted 'amazing' So neither came out.

Well, II was serviced to clubs. It was probably more of an issue of WB saying "If you want to release it, you pay for the video yourself" and she said "Fuck it, I'm going on tour." I don't think it was WB saying "No."

There was an online vote for the next single and II won but Amazing was issued as a promo cd in a few countries. Supposedly, madonna was angry so dropped the song from the live show so they couldn't use it as a video as she, and the fans wanted impressive instant. This was also supposedly why she wasn't very enthusiastic about the GHV2 project.