New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

she even said Madonna will record a soundtrack for an upcoming movie, nobody commented on it here

i am totally here for Folkdonna, it is a genre that suits her very well

have you guys read angela cheng's update? she says the album is folk inspired. i know, it's angela.. but she has been right about things before so we never know..

Both Madonna and U2 have albums planned for late this year and we hear that Universal is considering releasing them as a “surprise,” just as Beyonce did in 2013. Our source from Universal says it’s a lot more likely to happen with U2 than it is with Madonna. However, Universal is looking for ways to market Madonna’s next album, under the working title of Rebel Heart, in different ways.

“So far, Universal is incredibly pleased with what has been presented by Madonna. This is not another MDNA with generic EDM songs. She is not straying away from her dance roots, but is giving the music a little “folk” twist,” our source says. However, Universal has some concerns. “It happened with Madonna andMDNA. It happened with Lady Gaga and ARTPOP. It happened with Britney Spears and her latest release. People are out to destroy the album before it even comes out. We liked the way Beyonce worked around that and hopefully, we’ll come up with something different for Madonna as well,” our source continues.

U2 haven’t released an album since No Line on the Horizon and the reception wasn’t too great. However, given the success of U2′s most recent tour, none of that mattered. But our source says they still want to market U2 in different ways as well. U2 doesn’t face the same automatic backlash that Madonna does, but there are still people who want them to fail.

“There is overwhelming support in the industry for U2′s new album,” our source says. “If the cards are played right, U2 will have their most successful album in years. The promotion for this album will be a little different,” he continues. We can comfortably tell you that despite recent reports, U2 fans will definitely get an album this year.

Are you excited for new albums from Madonna and U2? What type of music do you want to hear from them? How do you think they should go about marketing their new albums? Tell us in the Comments section.

http://www.****adfly.com/2014/03/30/madonna-u2-pull-beyonce/

Ms. Cheng has been right about plenty of stuff, thanks for posting this, it is true people are out to destroy Madonna's releases before they even come out.

Guest bluejean

It happened with Lady Gaga and ARTPOP. It happened with Britney Spears and her latest release. People are out to destroy the album before it even comes out.

:rotfl:

Those albums destroyed themselves though by being so shit.

Hey Kim, I am not an illiterate idiot. I speak 5 languages and have been to 27 countries. I came up with that list because I wanted to share how I'd want the album to sound like. There was no need to belittle my intelligence simply because you found it not to your liking. And yes I am taking this seriously because I am not your bitch!

Now, hello everyone, I am a Madonna fan since 1998. I was 10 when I first heard Frozen. Ray of Light and American Life are my two most favorite albums in the world. I do hope this era will bring us a totally new Madonna, with a new look, new ambition and lyrics people can relate to.

Bitch it was a joke. Lighten up and uh WELCOME.

You're so annoying that your posts literally make me sick, it's alright to talk shite about other singers but to offend other forum members for no good reason and to make racist remarks like that, Idon't find that to be alright, I think you're vile.

And here's the biggest joke of all. You're disgusting, a creep - and quite possible a stalker. Stop looking at, referencing and commenting on my posts. You say the name Kim far too much. Hit the ignore button if you find it that hard to resist.

Guest Borderline

:unsure: all of the infighting makes this place so insufferable and hard to enjoy sometimes. Silly internet drama. Meh.

Welcome babe. Are you really from Bulgaria or was that just a random remark?

Hi thanx :) No I am American. My mom is German however so I have family in Germany.

Guest Xanthium

You're so annoying that your posts literally make me sick, it's alright to talk shite about other singers but to offend other forum members for no good reason and to make racist remarks like that, Idon't find that to be alright, I think you're vile.

Racist? Bulgarians are a race? :confused:

Kim try reading some Kabbalah books or something...

Anyway, Folkdonna, wow! If she does go blond for this era, I hope it's platinum blond. I hope she wears more white, light colors; blue, yellow, light green. I liked how Katy Perry incorporated flowers into her Prism album's image. Madonna could totally pull of something close with nature.

Anyway, we all know Madge hates to repeat herself and folktronica is so year 2000, so this will probably be just a classier, edgier, female Avicii-like album, only more Americanised, a lil country, a lil folk, some house, big beats.

Guest Xanthium

Well I think it would be reductive if she did Americana folk but she hasn't done European ethnic folk for an album before. That would be really nice.

Yeah, Folkdonna as in European folk, not country...are we all on the same page? Lol :) I think this era will rock! She is really trying to be creative this time it seems

Edited by Katypatra

Well I think it would be reductive if she did Americana folk but she hasn't done European ethnic folk for an album before. That would be really nice.

Hmmm maybe, but it wasn't my fav section of the MDNA tour. An anthemic song like OYH was turned into a semi-dirge. So certainly with some influences of that, but with more urgency and a modern twist.

Guest Xanthium

Oh no nothing like OYH. That was crap. I'm talking about the folk song that came after. That kind of music incorporated into a pop song would be unique and new for her.

Sorry but those Kumpalumpas Kalaputi from S&S and the Basques from MDNA are a snooze fest. I'd rather have her singing to Enya instrumentals than having a folk album with those incredibly BORING people.

If she does folk, it'd better be something better than palatutis and all that.

how come, if the Basqsues are from my own country and we are the same race?

But i told my Bulgarian boyfriend about your little joke and he wasn't amused. In fact, get ready for some spanky. Your bottom will hurt just thinking about it.

But i told my Bulgarian boyfriend about your little joke and he wasn't amused. In fact, get ready for some spanky. Your bottom will hurt just thinking about it.

Damn, I knew I should have said Kazakhstan. I was gonna as well. Oh, and I had ur boyfriend (before you) He was....aight - for a Bulgarian.