New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

Isn't it strange that there are no rumours coming from the fan sites (rama, tribe, drowned...) about the album? It's all too quiet.

Madonna is giving us information directly.

Guest Loo Eli

That's Instagram font. I doubt it's artwork guys! Then again the skincare commercial was shot on iPhone :lmao:

I mentioned that she should customize the typography layout to make it as consistent as possible with the final product. There are apps available besides the IG default. Less confusing promo is more important than artwork anyway....so get it right the first time.

She must be very excited with what she's done to be posting all this stuff. :wow:

I couldn't imagine her doing this with GMAYL (if she had instagram at the time). #gimmeluv :chuckle:

Guest SecretGarden

Is it possible to make a thread solely for official and/or widespread rumoured updates only? While this thread is nice, there's too much fan speculation and every time I see it bumped I think there's some new info, only to be disappointed.

I think one thread should be used for fan speculation, and another, possibly stickied, thread should be for album updates only.

Guest Loo Eli

I was just thinking about, a thread with updates and a thread discussing the updates, it's easier to check the updates like that.

There are Instagram updates on other threads. This project has no updates except those AFAIK.

But the font changes everything. :) I like her visuals so far except use of Instagram typography that comes across as almost childish bubbliness. Seriously, considering the extent to which it can help create and establish a mood and set the tone for how your work is received seemingly small design features like lettering and color the spacing between letters need to be better evaluated if social media is to be a main promotion vehicle.

yeah that's true. Do you know a lot about it ?

I bet you said the same thing about Hung Up

The lyrics aren't exactly the highlight of that song! I actually disliked them quite a bit when I first heard them. Along with the vocals. It's all about the production on that one. And the video.

I know people have been posting about whether or not Madonna is the itunes exlusive we have all been hearing about, but I have this wild theory:

I feel most likely that it will be Adele, because she would slay an itunes exlcusive. The reason I bring it up though is because if there's any truth in the rumours of a collab between she and Madge, what if Madonna is featured on the album? If so then they might very well have filmed a video together already.

We still don't know exactly how Madonna injured herself before the Grammys, so maybe there's a deal between the two to be on each others records. Would get Madonna out musically before her own material is ready. Might not be an ounce of turth but it's an idea.

Edited by Arnian

^ This is most certainly a WILD theory. You´re totally right about Adele. She would kill it.

To clarify, the article did not say that only one artist was going to emulate Bey's itunes strategy, but rather that **itunes** was engaging record companies so that more artists did more itunes exclusives. They mentioned "one global artist" in particular, but the strategy is broader than that. So it could be both. And it should be both!

Hmmmm.... Maybe, the #rebelheart business is for the Avicii project thus continuing the country theme from his last album. I don't see Madonna revisiting the country theme a la Music 2.0 - that would be really weird. Not to mention, it would look as if Madonna is riding Avicii's recent popularity AND his country theme, too. She surely knows this - she likes to surprise us, after after all.

Nevertheless, it looks like we are being primed/ groomed for something along the lines of #rebelheart - and soon. I'm too excited, ATM.

Guest Rachelle of London

I know people have been posting about whether or not Madonna is the itunes exlusive we have all been hearing about, but I have this wild theory:

I feel most likely that it will be Adele, because she would slay an itunes exlcusive. The reason I bring it up though is because if there's any truth in the rumours of a collab between she and Madge, what if Madonna is featured on the album? If so then they might very well have filmed a video together already.

We still don't know exactly how Madonna injured herself before the Grammys, so maybe there's a deal between the two to be on each others records. Would get Madonna out musically before her own material is ready. Might not be an ounce of turth but it's an idea.

Quote a good theory and not that wild at all. Could be true.

From Madonnarama

Madonna is teasing lyrics from her upcoming album

Madonna has been using the #rebelheart hashtag a lot recenly on Twitter and Instagram… not without reason!

Madonnarama has learned that Rebel Heart is one of the tracks that was recorded two weeks ago, when she was in the studio with Avicii.

Apparently Madonna holds the song dear to her heart, as it describes her personality as being rebellious and against generally accepted conventions.

“Rebel Heart” is also being considered as the title of her upcoming album!

To be confirmed!

Er, we "reported" this two weeks ago on MadonnaNation :rotfl:

These fan sites are so clueless these days.

It makes so much sense that if madonna injured herself working on the new album that she would admit it right?

No, she wouldn't. Maybe the injury was just a simple, had too many drinks in heels at a party mistake, but maybe it wasn't. Outside of the injury, it's still quite possible that the rumors of a collab between the two could be real.

Madonna would of course make up an excuse as opposed to ruining surprises though, that's obvious.

there's a rumour that madonna's new single "rebel heart" will drop any second.. it's quite huge on twitter now. why are you all so quiet? :o

I must not be following the right people on twitter because I see nothing about Rebel Heart leaking. Who's saying that?

Guest Rachelle of London

Twitter is so annoying these day. Fed up of being "educated" about M by 14 year olds that only discovered her during MDNA..purleasee

Nikki, what they saying?

sorry for the rant! hahahah

there's a rumour that madonna's new single "rebel heart" will drop any second.. it's quite huge on twitter now. why are you all so quiet? :o

I wouldn't be surprised because, as I said above, it does seem as if we are being primed/groomed for something. But, I'm not holding my breath.....*sigh*

Guest Not4Pussies

An early leak gmayl style I do NOT welcome

I want the new single to come out when it is ready to come out. I.don't wanna go through the speculation if its an early demo if its the.final version.

It's funny though, I had a dream last nite that I listened to rebel heart. It had a heavy house sound to it, very unfinished and Hey You lyrics

An early leak gmayl style I do NOT welcome

I want the new single to come out when it is ready to come out. I.don't wanna go through the speculation if its an early demo if its the.final version.

It's funny though, I had a dream last nite that I listened to rebel heart. It had a heavy house sound to it, very unfinished and Hey You lyrics

I agree. No early leaking. As far as dreams, awhile back I had a dream that Madonna would do a song called Rebelling Everyday. Not exactly right but similiar! I don't see the single coming out until the fall.