New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

This is exciting! Looks like Rebel Heart really has something to do with the new album - if those are lyrics, I like the direction she is going in-sounds like she is doing some real soul searching and digging deeper this time around. Can't wait to see what's next :popcorn2:

Edited by Mooncrown11

One thing I hope she doesn't do on the new album is speed up her vocals. The music/production always changes, and the lyrics have changed over the years, but the one thing that I really don't want to change is that voice. Even a song like GGW is more tolerable at the right speed.

Guest bluejean

One thing I hope she doesn't do on the new album is speed up her vocals. The music/production always changes, and the lyrics have changed over the years, but the one thing that I really don't want to change is that voice. Even a song like GGW is more tolerable at the right speed.

Who said the vocals were "sped up?" First I've heard of that.

M just posted a new Instagram pic containing the title "Rebel Heart", with the following caption:

Day turns into night.

I wont give up the fight.

Don't want to get to the end of my days..........

saying I Wasn't amazed!

#revolutionoflove

Those look and sound like song lyrics to me. I'm guessing we'll be getting a new single SOON!!!

004a85a4b2e411e396f50eb5cd468707_8.jpg

VERY interesting.

I think maybe Rebel Heart will be the first single? Those could be lyrics.

I was thinking to myself today that I think the first single is going to be something really universal and positive like ROL, Music or Holiday but with something a bit more revolution-of-love-y for the lyrics. I'm getting these vibes!

As per Mads and Rocco IG post, I think she and her children are somewhere in the countryside? A pictorial shoot for the single cover perhaps?

Edited by hardcandy25

It looks like she's shooting the video for the first single or at least the album shoot, there's also the pic with Mercy on the barn, she will be a cowboy girl again, it looks like a Music 2.0 and with all the teases and the excitement it looks like the new single is about to come, maybe for the summer...

album in June? Single in May? i mean if she's doing the pictures for the cover or the new video the announcement is about to come.

#RebelHeart

If i remember correctly she shot the Music album cover and photos months before the music video? Is she gonna repeat herself with the cowboy theme? Or just countryside rebel gal?

But she also shot the 4 minutes single cover at the same time during the video shoot. Forgive my ramblings guys. Im just so excited! :)

Edited by hardcandy25

Since she just finished a week in the studio with Avicii just two weeks ago, I can't imagine her being an iTunes exclusive artist the same way Beyonce was with a visual album. If that were the case, then she'd have to have been filming videos like crazy and seeing as the songs aren't even mixed and finalised I just don't see that happening. A new single, for either the new album or a one off kind of thing might be the case. She sure is up to something and it's definately music related and with all the clue's and business going on right now it's bound to come out soon!

Im imagining her image for this era is like her image from the Live to tell video! With a simple dress and kneeling on the grass like a scene in the TUTBMP video!

Edited by hardcandy25

album in June? Single in May? i mean if she's doing the pictures for the cover or the new video the announcement is about to come.

#RebelHeart

That would be great! I'd love to get a new Madonna album in the summer.

Guest Loo Eli

That would be great! I'd love to get a new Madonna album in the summer.

It is going to be awfully rushed if they try to get it out for summer festival season.

I still think that even if we do get a single soon-ish (as in maybe May/June), the album won't be coming till November at the earliest.

I think they'll want to test the waters and gradually build the hype up rather than throw everything out there at the same time like MDNA. I think it'll be a slow buildup. Which is exactly what she's doing anyway, by starting with her own personal social networking accounts.

I like everything about it for now, the supposed title, the pic she has just posted and the lyrics ! I love all the vibes i get from this project, it feels really different than the last two eras, don't know why exactly. I know it will be amazing, i'm certain !

If each song on the masterpiece called Like a Prayer only took a day to record, there's no reason why this album can't be nearly complete now and ready for release soon. Or is that just crazy, silly wishful thinking? :chuckle:

If each song on the masterpiece called Like a Prayer only took a day to record, there's no reason why this album can't be nearly complete now and ready for release soon. Or is that just crazy, silly wishful thinking? :chuckle:

I'm not necessarily talking about her finishing writing and recording. I just think they might sit on it a bit and release it when the time is right after they've tested the first single and obviously in time for the 4th quarter. Again, this is purely my own speculation. Let's not forget that Ray of Light, Like a Virgin etc. were all completed months ahead of release but they were released when the time was right (as per the Genesis Timeline threads.)