New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

I'm sorry but I think that Beyoncé one was a one off thing. Others, no matter who, will fail. Yes I want a Big Bang release from Madonna but on all formats. Could work or could not to which ever artists it is.

Agreed.

BEYONCÉ worked because her stock was at a massive high - she'd had a baby since the last release, she's put vocals on both Jay's new album and Watch The Throne in the interim, and she'd been touring the world for nearly a year. Buzz had been growing about the album for over a year, it wasn't a surprise as much as a shock - everyone knew it was there, it just wasn't what they'd been expecting.

Ideally, I'd quite like Madonna to release a brand new single around July/August time and hold off on the album and adopt a similar MDNA strategy of releasing it as a ticket bundle along with the big tour announcement for late 2014/early 2015.

The summer single would have to be a nice big hit to build the buzz and set the groundwork for the tour and album 6 months later.

“[The artist] really likes what Beyoncé did, the independence of it. Streaming might come later, but that isn’t decided yet.” “[The artist] feels there are compensation problems [on streaming platforms].”

I dont want to sound too optimistic but Madonna is very controlling when it comes to earning the money she deserves. And she did voice how much she liked what Beyoncé did.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna goes for an iTunes deal and withhold the physical sales of the album for a few months. She has a massive core fanbase like us that will definitely buy the digital and physical copies. Physical CDs are a dying market anyway; so she'll get the best of both worlds if she embraces this iTunes prototype because once she releases the CD and LP versions there will be a nice little spike from all of the hardcore fans that will buy the extra copies.

What if this article is about Madonna , I would have a panic attack lol http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/86576856.html#comments

I don't think it is but it would be great

Oh I see now that I'm late :-)

The picture doesn't even include Madonna, plus the aggressive use of social platforms makes me think it's not her.

" [unnamed artist] really likes the idea.”

Sources insisted that we not publish any names,

Asked if this will be a video-intensive release with a surprise release date, one of the sources only pointed to a healthy mix of video and audio. But there probably won’t be videos for each and every song.

“[The artist] really likes what Beyoncé did, the independence of it. "

All this sounds very Madonna to me. I think it's her.

What if this article is about Madonna , I would have a panic attack lol http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/86576856.html#comments

I don't think it is but it would be great

Oh I see now that I'm late :-)

if the article is true, i believe it would either be rihanna or lady gaga. more likely lady gaga though.

mariah carey has already announced her release date to be in may, and she is flopping so terribly, so even if she used such a tactic, i don't think anyone would give a flying fuck. her company would not be so dumb to do this.

rihanna is overdue for her annual album ritual, and i'm sure there are rumours regarding her next album being in works. with her huge social media presence, there's a chance she could do this. the only unlikely reason is because she's more of a singles artist, so she might want to rely on huge singles to kick off the album.

as for lady gaga, she's rumoured to be releasing act ii of artflop. releasing it without notice would save the company promotion cost after a $25 million disappointment. furthermore she is definitely one to promote her album aggressively on social media as mentioned in the article. there's also a possible live concert tie in which means that it could have been released to save pathetic sales of the artrave tour. with the artrave tour starting in may, this is just about the right time to drop it. the final reason for her being the most likely person to do this is because she's the queen of xerox, so she probably has queen bey's tactic analysed inside out too.

if the article is true, i believe it would either be rihanna or lady gaga. more likely lady gaga though.

mariah carey has already announced her release date to be in may, and she is flopping so terribly, so even if she used such a tactic, i don't think anyone would give a flying fuck. her company would not be so dumb to do this.

rihanna is overdue for her annual album ritual, and i'm sure there are rumours regarding her next album being in works. with her huge social media presence, there's a chance she could do this. the only unlikely reason is because she's more of a singles artist, so she might want to rely on huge singles to kick off the album.

as for lady gaga, she's rumoured to be releasing act ii of artflop. releasing it without notice would save the company promotion cost after a $25 million disappointment. furthermore she is definitely one to promote her album aggressively on social media as mentioned in the article. there's also a possible live concert tie in which means that it could have been released to save pathetic sales of the artrave tour. with the artrave tour starting in may, this is just about the right time to drop it. the final reason for her being the most likely person to do this is because she's the queen of xerox, so she probably has queen bey's tactic analysed inside out too.

:lol:

tumblr_lt1ujyDUG61qcnbfpo1_500.png

It's definitely joanne and it will be hilarious when the inevitable comparisons to beyonce begin when it flops hard and no one gives a shit.

Madonna just posted photos of her working in the studio, so there is no way she's done videos and all that shit yet. Plus she wouldn't let some marketeer spruik her project so early in the stage.

This stinks of lady desperate. She filmed videos recently and she's yapping about fartslop act II and loves for her shit to be hyped up.

I think it's Gaga also but I know Madonna and her daughter went to her concert and M has said she really liked Bey's way of releasing her album so who know.

Gaga has the video, recorded pt 2 of artpop and puke to shock people to be Interrestied in her again.

It's definitely joanne and it will be hilarious when the inevitable comparisons to beyonce begin when it flops hard and no one gives a shit.

Madonna just posted photos of her working in the studio, so there is no way she's done videos and all that shit yet. Plus she wouldn't let some marketeer spruik her project so early in the stage.

This stinks of lady desperate. She filmed videos recently and she's yapping about fartslop act II and loves for her shit to be hyped up.

You're right:

BgZ0AOfCUAAW0-T.jpg

tumblr_n0pvkoE0Wl1sx8r52o1_1280.jpg

1779296_486812838094335_1383125979_n.jpg

BgKXaS1CcAAYIZ-.jpg

Two icons — Hearst Castle and Lady Gaga — will come together next week when the pop singer begins a creative project at the former estate of media magnate William Randolph Hearst.

Shooting dates have not been confirmed, according to Remar Sutton, board member of the Hearst Castle Preservation Foundation. He did not give details of the project but said it was much more involved than a music video, for instance.

While there, Lady Gaga will also tape a water-conservation public service announcement and a short feature on the castle’s uniqueness, to be donated to the Hearst Castle Preservation Foundation.

The flamboyant entertainer and art lover has toured the castle before and has a keen interest in its art work and the extraordinary detail of its architecture – especially the ceilings, Sutton said.

Lady Gaga, her parents and her associates have agreed to donate $250,000 to the foundation, pay the castle’s standard $22,100 special event fee and reimburse the state for all costs related to the production. That includes extra staffing for heightened security and rearranged tour routes.

She also has agreed to underwrite a $25,000 study evaluating the feasibility of connecting two wells in the San Simeon Campground to Cambria’s water system. Doing so could help stabilize the water supply for the community and State Parks. (Hearst Castle is now a state park.) Cambrians are under Stage 3 water restrictions, the most stringent in a set of regulations imposed during water shortages.

The castle is perhaps best known for its eccentric creator/owner, extensive art collection, ties to the entertainment industry and the estate’s heyday between 1919 and 1940.

But a Lady Gaga video could put the monument firmly on the radar of the millennial generation, many of whom may not even have heard of Hearst Castle.

Local production is expected to take about three days, during which time tour routes may be rearranged somewhat. However, some tour takers may be able to see filming-related activities.

Dozens of area hotel rooms were expected to be occupied by the more than 125 crew members involved with the production.

The Deed of Trust between Hearst Corp. and the state of California prohibits commercial enterprises at the castle. But corporation officials can approve such uses if they will benefit the castle and state residents, according to Stephen Hearst, vice president and general manager of the corporation’s western properties.

Hearst said in a telephone interview Saturday that he agreed to allow the commercial-venture taping on the hilltop because of Lady Gaga’s $250,000 donation and commitment to help promote the preservation foundation and the monument.

A related -- if temporary benefit -- of the Lady Gaga production is that the world-famous but leaky outdoor Neptune Pool is being refilled for the taping sessions.

Because of the historic California drought, State Parks last month began draining the 345,000 gallons of water in the 95-by-104-foot pool, using it to irrigate castle plantings. Special connections were made between the pool and the irrigation system.

The pool reportedly loses 3,000 to 5,000 gallons of water a day due to evaporation and to leaks that are due to be repaired, perhaps as early as this summer. It wasn’t prudent, officials said, to continue those losses at a time when water supplies are so low.

The Hearst Corp. donated the water to top off the pool for the Lady Gaga production, estimated at about 100,000 gallons, Hearst said.

And the water? It still will be used to irrigate the gardens, as it would have been if it had been left in the reservoir, Hearst said. “We haven’t ‘spent’ any water,” he noted. “We’re just storing it somewhere different” for awhile.

The nonprofit preservation foundation’s primary mission is to help preserve and restore Hearst Castle's 25,000 artifacts and artworks.

Read more here: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2014/02/08/2915459/lady-gaga-to-shoot-creative-project.html#storylink=cpy

Guest Rachelle of London

an iTunes-Exclusive sure isn't cheap. I wonder if Gagas management would shell out that much money again for an album that was not planned.

They

Guest Rachelle of London

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna goes for an iTunes deal and withhold the physical sales of the album for a few months. She has a massive core fanbase like us that will definitely buy the digital and physical copies. Physical CDs are a dying market anyway; so she'll get the best of both worlds if she embraces this iTunes prototype because once she releases the CD and LP versions there will be a nice little spike from all of the hardcore fans that will buy the extra copies.

My thoughts exactly. Let's face it only Ms hardcore fans bought MDNA as the average Joe didn't even know it existed. And that was still a lot of copies sold. So imagine something like this and then the physical copies going onsale. M would sell loads.

Guest Loo Eli

She needs to

My thoughts exactly. Let's face it only Ms hardcore fans bought MDNA as the average Joe didn't even know it existed. And that was still a lot of copies sold. So imagine something like this and then the physical copies going onsale. M would sell loads

At least IG followers will have advance notice of its existence this time, that seems to be her most impressive market growth area at the moment.

Edited by Loo Eli

Ideally, I'd quite like Madonna to release a brand new single around July/August time and hold off on the album and adopt a similar MDNA strategy of releasing it as a ticket bundle along with the big tour announcement for late 2014/early 2015.

The summer single would have to be a nice big hit to build the buzz and set the groundwork for the tour and album 6 months later.

Agree. Would be nice to have more than single released before the album with a little promotion just to make the rest of the world remember how good she is.

Guest Not4Pussies

I want a music, al, confessions timeline. Where the tour doesn't start until the following summer. Not 2-3 months after album release. I want her to do proper promo, have at least 3 proper videos out before tour kicks off. And also cause I need to fucking save. Alessandro doesn't love me.

Guest Rachelle of London

I want a music, al, confessions timeline. Where the tour doesn't start until the following summer. Not 2-3 months after album release. I want her to do proper promo, have at least 3 proper videos out before tour kicks off. And also cause I need to fucking save. Alessandro doesn't love me.

I agree

I just want my new Madonna album right now. Though I agree a tour later on would be better, even though I want my tour right now too :elite:

Madonna HAS TO PROMOTE with this album, we need a huge PR push.

I'm talking promo tours in the US, EUROPE AND JAPAN (like Confessions)

TV specials, a one hour Ellen sit down interview, award show performances, and magazine covers.

I DEMAND Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone and US Vogue!

Also at least 5 music videos and singles.

Madonna HAS TO PROMOTE with this album, we need a huge PR push.

I'm talking promo tours in the US, EUROPE AND JAPAN (like Confessions)

TV specials, a one hour Ellen sit down interview, award show performances, and magazine covers.

I DEMAND Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone and US Vogue!

Also at least 5 music videos and singles.

This would be perfect. We can only hope.

totally agree

Beyonce's release was a first, the next one would not be as powerful or successful. It sounds a bit reductive to me (so probably it's Lady Gaga). What I want for the new era is a very strong first single, like Hung up and 4 minutes. The album will be great like it always is, there's no question about it.