New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

Guest Loo Eli

Madonna has always represented the quality side of pop so it definitely seems like she is trying to get back some of that direction. Probably a combination of not putting enough effort into the singles from MDNA and competition from other artists like Beyonce have lit a fire under her, in a good way. :)

I also think another movie is/was her top priority for 2014, per the Reddit chat, but she has the sense to realize a hit album will buy a certain amount of latitude for other projects from music fans.

Guest Xanthium

Although I do love MDNA, it did have a cobbled together feel. A tighter, more focused production is needed this time around and it seems like she's in agreement.

Although I do love MDNA, it did have a cobbled together feel. A tighter, more focused production is needed this time around and it seems like she's in agreement.

agree highly. She needs a tighter theme like her passion from artforfreedom. A political love revolution with mature lyrics and organic sounds would be the right mix now in her career.

anything.... but great!!!!

I love euro pop sounds... she is good with it... and it should be her last great long tour??? when does her contract end? 2 more album and 2 more tours?

when does her contract end? 2 more album and 2 more tours?

Yup!

2 more albums and 2 more tours within the next 4 years.

unfortunately i think this is about gags.. apparently her new album is done already. especially "the award the best fans" thing makes me assume its her..

but maybe.. who knows.. that would be amazing, thanks for sharing :)

also there are some videos on youtube of Avicii in the studio for those who are curious about what he likes/how he works.

I think it will be Gaga too with the iTunes thing. But I don't think she will pull it off as a success.

I believe no one is into her now except her dwindling monster fans.

Would love if Madonna gives us more Instagram pics and information on her new era as often as she can. With each Instagram, I come alive with excitement.

I have a feeling it will be Mariah or Gaga. Madonna's album isn't even on the schedule yet and we don't know if it is coming this fall or next spring. Distribution probably isn't even being talked about yet.

I have a feeling it will be Mariah or Gaga. Madonna's album isn't even on the schedule yet and we don't know if it is coming this fall or next spring. Distribution probably isn't even being talked about yet.

Yeah.

"But one thing is certain, according to our sources: this artist will be working direct-to-fan channels like Twitter, email, Facebook, SMS and several other channels ‘very aggressively,’ with ‘special giveaways and bonuses’ for the most dedicated and interested fans."

Doesn't sound like M at all.

But isn't Guy O (& probably M too) a major investor of Spotify?

Anyway I like the idea!

yup. indeed. biggest celebrity investor that spottily has. guydonna

“[The artist] feels there are compensation problems [on streaming platforms].”

this is madonna.

Sounds like Mariah to me - bitch needs every penny she can get now that Jenny Craig ain't filling the pig trough.

Yeah.

"But one thing is certain, according to our sources: this artist will be working direct-to-fan channels like Twitter, email, Facebook, SMS and several other channels ‘very aggressively,’ with ‘special giveaways and bonuses’ for the most dedicated and interested fans."

Doesn't sound like M at all.

twitter

reddit

instagram

facebook interview

it sounds like her now

Isn't that kind of the point? Nobody new about Beyonce's album and it just dropped.

I don't think anyone would care about MC but I can see Goober copying (another idea again) as it would be ideal that she wouldn't actually need to produce any physical albums initially but she'd get lots of press for her ArtGrave tour.

She could bang on about it being 'an exclusive gift for her fans and it's the real artpop she wished she'd released originally'. She said she'd recorded hundreds of tracks for the album so it's perfect to sling together 12 or so tracks and put it on iTunes. Then they can see how well it sells and produce the physical release to match that. Probably 10.

It would be great if it is M but all the recent online activity suggests not.

I'm sorry but I think that Beyoncé one was a one off thing. Others, no matter who, will fail. Yes I want a Big Bang release from Madonna but on all formats. Could work or could not to which ever artists it is.

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't think it's Mariah at all. She hasn't got the brain power to think outside the box.