New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

Old thread locked as it was approaching 1,000 posts. Let's carry on the discussion here.

What we know so far:

Madonna has been in the studio with Avicii as per her own Instagram posts and pictures.

"So many great songs, can't wait." - Madonna

Our Msig elaborates:

As per M's own Instagram photos, her "Viking harem" also includes Vincent Pontare, Salem Al Fakir and Magnus "Filthy" Lidehäll, who are all well-respected, award-winning songwriters (Vincent and Salem are also successful singers in their own right).

Music magazine Gaffa has reported that Carl Falk and Rami Yacoub are on board, too. According to Gaffa, Madonna's Swedish songwriting team was put together by Avicii's manager, Ash Pournouri, as per Madonna's request.

Posted by Dubtronic:

from madonnatribe:

M is trying ideas with London-based, Norwegian producer Fred Ball at the moment, and they have booked studio time together in April. He has already given M some beats that she is writing lyrics to now, apparently. Norwegian artist Bertine Zetlitz (who worked with Fred Ball on her previous albums) told my bff and fellow Madonna fan this some days ago! You can read more about him here: http://www.fredballmusic.com

Posted by Dubtronic:

from madonnatribe:

M is trying ideas with London-based, Norwegian producer Fred Ball at the moment, and they have booked studio time together in April. He has already given M some beats that she is writing lyrics to now, apparently. Norwegian artist Bertine Zetlitz (who worked with Fred Ball on her previous albums) told my bff and fellow Madonna fan this some days ago! You can read more about him here: http://www.fredballmusic.com

I'm here for that sass3.gif

I'm trying to imagine the themes she might be exploring right now while writing lyrics and I thought wouldn't it be perfect if she made a song about ageism and how they always try to put her down because of her age. Kind of like ala Human Nature, a big fuck you to the ageist haters. I'd be here for something like that, I think a song about ageism has never been done at least not by a mainstream artist.

I hope she remembers for this album that she had a rich and strong lower register to her voice which I have really been missing on the last couple of albums. I really hope we get to hear some songs that show off that part of her voice this time around.

Posted by Dubtronic:

from madonnatribe:

some tracks he produced:

https://www.youtube....h?v=t0jHIlUmpRA

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I60NmKUFOws

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Cc39ey5Non0

Posted by Dubtronic:

from madonnatribe:

I repeat -

Is that the same 'reliable' source that said her collaboration with Avicii was for his deluxe reissue (due out, er, next week) and not for her own album as she herself had actually implied? :lmao:

wow! real instruments. sooooo much better than a vicci! she is recording with fred ball (producer of above song) loving it soooo much!

Old thread locked as it was approaching 1,000 posts. Let's carry on the discussion here.

What we know so far:

Madonna has been in the studio with Avicii as per her own Instagram posts and pictures.

"So many great songs, can't wait." - Madonna

As per M's own Instagram photos, her "Viking harem" also includes Vincent Pontare, Salem Al Fakir and Magnus "Filthy" Lidehäll, who are all well-respected, award-winning songwriters (Vincent and Salem are also successful singers in their own right).

Music magazine Gaffa has reported that Carl Falk and Rami Yacoub are on board, too. According to Gaffa, Madonna's Swedish songwriting team was put together by Avicii's manager, Ash Pournouri, as per Madonna's request.

If those two are onboard, this album is going to be some powerful, full-on POP music. Yacoub has written and produced for Britney Spears (earlier albums) and Backstreet Boys. Falk has done stuff with One Direction. Yacoub is part of Max Martin's team too, so I wonder if that legendary producer will somehow be involved?

If those two are onboard, this album is going to be some powerful, full-on POP music. Yacoub has written and produced for Britney Spears (earlier albums) and Backstreet Boys. Falk has done stuff with One Direction. Yacoub is part of Max Martin's team too, so I wonder if that legendary producer will somehow be involved?

Yeh, we should definitely expect some very catchy songs and potential hits.

Some of their more recent outputs include P!nk's "U + Ur Hand", Nicki Minaj's "Starships" and a handful of songs on One Direction's Take Me Home album.

Thanks babe. I will copy and paste this into the first post so everyone can see it when they enter the thread. :)

Yeh, we should definitely expect some very catchy songs and potential hits.

Some of their more recent outputs include P!nk's "U + Ur Hand", Nicki Minaj's "Starships" and a handful of songs on One Direction's Take Me Home album.

:ugh: Hopefully we won't get anything that annoying,

:ugh: Hopefully we won't get anything that annoying,

Awww, I always thought that song was catchy. It did manage to sell 7 million copies worldwide, so I guess I am not alone. ;)

okay as long as it's just not Avici shitty remix guy I can now properly celebrate. A NEW ALBUM !!!!!! OH JOY :tigger:

An entire Swedish team!

Plus the one Fred Ball vid I checked out I could see some Madonna on that. Might be interesting

Anything Swedish automatically gets my approval. :wow:

Has Madonna ever gone into an album with such a coordinated team of songwriters before? Seems like a really different method of working for her.

Maybe I'm just projecting but it feels like Madonna wants to be on top again. :phoneslut:

Has Madonna ever gone into an album with such a coordinated team of songwriters before? Seems like a really different method of working for her.

Maybe I'm just projecting but it feels like Madonna wants to be on top again. :phoneslut:

I wonder how she feels about the MDNA Singles all bombing so badly. She does normally respond to adverse situations by coming back with strong material. Clearly they went with the most commercial releases but got it completely wrong.

Indeed !!!!

Guest Loo Eli

Madonna has always represented the quality side of pop so it definitely seems like she is trying to get back some of that direction. Probably a combination of not putting enough effort into the singles from MDNA and competition from other artists like Beyonce have lit a fire under her, in a good way. :)