Let's Talk Album Cover

LET'S TALK ALBUM COVER!

So I was driving home again today thinking about M's new album cover, as I'm prone to do, and here's my latest thought. How about M not on the cover at all? It's artwork, like a logo. I saw a truck that was red, white and black w/ a star and dark figure on it. Granted the colors are too American Life, but I was thinking LOGO, something abstract, to instantly convey the album, rather than a picture of M herself.

I'm always up for MORE MORE MORE Madonna pics, but she hasn't done this b4, far as I can remember. It would be entirely new. Anyone feelin' me on this?

LET'S TALK ALBUM COVER!

So I was driving home again today thinking about M's new album cover, as I'm prone to do, and here's my latest thought. How about M not on the cover at all? It's artwork, like a logo. I saw a truck that was red, white and black w/ a star and dark figure on it. Granted the colors are too American Life, but I was thinking LOGO, something abstract, to instantly convey the album, rather than a picture of M herself.

I'm always up for MORE MORE MORE Madonna pics, but she hasn't done this b4, far as I can remember. It would be entirely new. Anyone feelin' me on this?

OMG yes! She has done it before, with the Immaculate Collection, but it would still be such a cool graphic statement to make. Plus, I think it would be really on trend - Beyonce's album just had her name without imagery attached.

Madonna_-_The_Immaculate_Collection.png

^ Duh I forgot about IC, but yes that's the idea; updated of course, completely different colors and preferably less busy (minimal)

Sia once said that based on market research, an album will sell more copies if the artists face is on the cover. I don't think she's aware of The Immaculate Collection. :p

No but really, I'd prefer to see her face, in some form or another. :D

I want to see her as a powerful Empress on the cover

vaqueenelizabeth.jpg

2002-women-who-ruled-gower.jpg

something along the lines on this^

oh and bring the mole back

no pink.... subtle hues...

PS

I hope she doesn't recycle a shoot we've seen(THIS YEAR)

Black and white.

She's never had a black and white front cover since her debut...and I'd love something classy like this!

Some of her best videos are also black and white, if love her to return to that format for the lead single.

Edited by Confessit

I want something very classy in a slutty way, something that just screams "ICONIC ARTWORK" much like MDNA, but even better. Leave this 'no covers' for these shitty whores making shit music with shit artworks like Beyoncé and Lorde.

The logo thing was so yesterday. Madonna on the cover, YES!

I want something that isn't just a boring picture of her vamping it up. Something more intelligent - like the LAP cover or even an illustrated cover - like more old fashioned covers where they really thought about it and connected it to the album.

EXCLUSIVE!

DrownedMadonna reveals the new album cover:

10369861_10152523790945873_2827868899264

Not what I was expecting, but we know not to question DrownedMadonna's authenticity! Lol

• 1 month later...

You just know it's gonna be Mert & Marcus doing this one and designed by Giovanni Bianco. All Instagram tags and holidays etc point to this

I don't mind their work, in fact I love Mert & Marcus, but Giovanni needs to chill with his art direction. Why not use Fabien Baron? Giovanni is to photoshop happy.

Evidence:

20120323-pictures-madonna-mert-alas-marc

Meanwhile this is recent work with Mert & Marcus where Fabien was the art director:

Madonna%2BInterview%2B1.jpgmadonna-mert-marcus.jpg

Mert & Marcus are AWESOME!!! And such a damn coincidence that I mentioned my idea of the cover artwork being Joan of Arc inspired a couple of months ago. It makes so much sense in all regards concerning this project!

I hope she moves on from sexy. its totally boring and limiting. She is far more than sexy. I want her to be artistic or kick arse or moving or profound. I'd love some kind of animation or something with something more going on - like album covers used to be.

Edited by Grooveboy

I hope she moves on from sexy. its totally boring and limiting. She is far more than sexy. I want her to be artistic or kick arse or moving or profound. I'd love some kind of animation or something with something more going on - like album covers used to be.

fully agree. we know she's sexy. but look at most of her album covers (aside from LAV and most of the 00s ones) none of them are even that much about being sexy. the concept of the music and her image (take LAP) shines through. she doesn't need to show her cleavage in every photoshoot. she didn't use to when she was younger. ironically.

i find her way sexier and interesting with her MDNA joan of arc theme then the girl gone wild look.

• 2 weeks later...