No other pop slag could come up with a song like this..

DIRTY PIG

Guest Not4Pussies

i always thought this song was about warren beatty.

"and the next time you want pussy..."

she did refer to him as "pussy man"

i bet he loved eating her out

absolutely. or THIS

Secret Garden. Talk about a perfect album closer :wow:

The whole Erotica album is just perfect. she was at her absolute artistic peak. I consider this album to be even more artistic and adventurous than Ray of Light (which i love too).

Yes, yes, yes to everything! Erotica is my absolute favourite album and these songs are why. Brilliant!

And this isn't the only one that sets her apart from the others. Even when I listen to hard candy (probably my second favourite) I listen and realize that all her songs (no matter how juvenile they may appear to some on the surface) have a maturity and depth that I don't hear in other pop music. She is genius :inlove:

Guest Rachelle of London

Yes, yes, yes to everything! Erotica is my absolute favourite album and these songs are why. Brilliant!

And this isn't the only one that sets her apart from the others. Even when I listen to hard candy (probably my second favourite) I listen and realize that all her songs (no matter how juvenile they may appear to some on the surface) have a maturity and depth that I don't hear in other pop music. She is genius :inlove:

So true!

Mattress - your posts alone are the reason why I visit this forum everyday.

Do you have a blog?

Again, thanks for your tireless information the wonderful memories you give me.

Truly appreciated!

Cool isn't it?

I can't remember the last time M had a site dedicated to all her catalogue information. It was like 12-15 years ago. Mattress is the perfect start for a blog or site with all the goodies. :wow:

Waiting. Best track off Erotica (along with Words, Erotica and Secret Garden)

I totally agree, especially since the songs and their lyrics are not meant to be taken at face value. Heartbeat for example has such a sense of longing for her care free days before she was famous. Listen to it again and imagine madonna reminiscing about the good old days on the dance floor at danceteria.

absolutely. or THIS

I LOVE Secret Garden so much, and it was my favorite even as a kid. That jazz house beat is fantastic. I can't imagine any other pop tart doing anything remotely similar today. Yeah I know Gaga has done her jazz songs with Tony Bennet, but that's separate from her own music, and I wouldn't call his stuff experimental. It's more pop jazz/easy listening stuff.

Mattress - your posts alone are the reason why I visit this forum everyday.

Do you have a blog?

Again, thanks for your tireless information the wonderful memories you give me.

Truly appreciated!

You're so sweet...thank you.

I don't have a blog or anything. Just a fan who posts here.

Cool isn't it?

I can't remember the last time M had a site dedicated to all her catalogue information. It was like 12-15 years ago. Mattress is the perfect start for a blog or site with all the goodies. :wow:

Thanks FTS. :)

I love Words more than Waiting.... the spoken coda is incredible.

That said Waiting is great as is all of Erotica. Every single track is engaging and perfectly executed... which is more than I can say for any other M album.

I love "Words" too. Especially that "too much blinding light, your touch I've grown tired of your words..." bit near the end... the repeat of it while it overlaps with the 'rap' is one of the best parts of the entire Erotica record.

Haha I knew that was "kitty kitty" I always think of it like "doo doo doo" as that's what I thought it was before

Clearly Erotica is the best album ever

:D

She says "Here kitty, kitty..."

(Lyrica Iconica #1,781,292)

I didn't know this until about a month or two ago. My mind was BLOWN. One of my favorite M songs, which I've listened to about 1,000 times. It was crazy to discover that's actually what she's saying. What a fucking genius.

yaaaas.gif

I don't wanna be a party pooper but Waiting is such an overrated song imo. It sounds really dated. I think most of Erotica does, but I suppose that's an unpopular opinion here. Maybe it's because I grew up listening to her newer stuff and Erotica never really had a chance to grow on me.

Im sorry but in the grand scheme of things, Waiting does not sound dated. Stuff on the album does sound dated no doubt but not that track.

And the next time you want pussy?

Huh

JUST LOOK IN THE MIRROR BABY

doo doo doo doo doo

:D

She says "Here kitty, kitty..."

(Lyrica Iconica #1,781,292)

Is that what it is?

I've listened to this thousands of times before and i've always thought she was saying "Do do do do do" (like Dr Lecter) :lmao:

absolutely. or THIS

This is the real shit. You gotta love those Andre Betts tracks. Betts posted on here once.

One of the many highlights of Erotica.

The "break my heart, don't break my heart" lyrics were originally on the 1986 Ciccone/Bray collaboration "Each Time You Break My Heart", a hit recorded by Nick Kamen and featuring backing vocals by Madonna and Siedah Garrett (who would tour with Madonna as a backup singer in 2004.) The track was also remixed by Shep Pettibone.

("Break my heart" lyric @4:09)

madonna_each_time.jpg

Nick+Kamen+-+Each+Time+You+Break+My+Hear

(Was Kamen the "pussy"? Steve Bray?! Write that book already, Madonna.)

Though not a single, "Waiting" was given it's propers as the b-side of "Rain".

waiting7inch_zps014ed1f4.jpeg

raincdback_zps9b253453.jpeg

waitingcs_zpsafb449d6.jpeg

waitingcassback_zps65853a11.jpeg

The album version was featured on 7", CD and cassette single formats while maxi-singles on all formats instead included a Remix version featuring Everlast of House Of Pain. This version uses some alternate vocal takes.

And finally, the spoken parts on the chorus were sampled by Betts from their first collaboration, "Justify My Love". This is better heard during "Did You Do It" and the Remix versions that utilize a stripped back chorus.

"Waiting for you to justify my love."

:inlove: