No other pop slag could come up with a song like this..

DIRTY PIG

Such a good track. You need to be a real artist to do a song like this, something that is lacking in most of today's popstars.

absolutely. or THIS

Can you imagine what the video for Waiting would have looked like? Beyond astounding!

Andre Betts is a god! All his tracks on Erotica stand out for me!!!!

One of the many highlights of Erotica.

The "break my heart, don't break my heart" lyrics were originally on the 1986 Ciccone/Bray collaboration "Each Time You Break My Heart", a hit recorded by Nick Kamen and featuring backing vocals by Madonna and Siedah Garrett (who would tour with Madonna as a backup singer in 2004.) The track was also remixed by Shep Pettibone.

("Break my heart" lyric @4:09)

madonna_each_time.jpg

Nick+Kamen+-+Each+Time+You+Break+My+Hear

(Was Kamen the "pussy"? Steve Bray?! Write that book already, Madonna.)

Though not a single, "Waiting" was given it's propers as the b-side of "Rain".

waiting7inch_zps014ed1f4.jpeg

raincdback_zps9b253453.jpeg

waitingcs_zpsafb449d6.jpeg

waitingcassback_zps65853a11.jpeg

The album version was featured on 7", CD and cassette single formats while maxi-singles on all formats instead included a Remix version featuring Everlast of House Of Pain. This version uses some alternate vocal takes.

And finally, the spoken parts on the chorus were sampled by Betts from their first collaboration, "Justify My Love". This is better heard during "Did You Do It" and the Remix versions that utilize a stripped back chorus.

"Waiting for you to justify my love."

Mattress - your posts alone are the reason why I visit this forum everyday.

Do you have a blog?

Again, thanks for your tireless information the wonderful memories you give me.

Truly appreciated!

I don't wanna be a party pooper but Waiting is such an overrated song imo. It sounds really dated. I think most of Erotica does, but I suppose that's an unpopular opinion here. Maybe it's because I grew up listening to her newer stuff and Erotica never really had a chance to grow on me.

I love Words more than Waiting.... the spoken coda is incredible.

That said Waiting is great as is all of Erotica. Every single track is engaging and perfectly executed... which is more than I can say for any other M album.

Waiting is an awesome song. Great lyrics, delivery and attitude I also love how many different melodies and sections there are to the song - very musically complex and interesting. Great song from an AMAZING album. I agree-it still sounds great and fresh to this day.

Edited by Mooncrown11