What about "Rebel Heart" as a potential album title?

Nothing confirmed here, but let's speculate..   

242 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like "Rebel Heart" as a potential album title?

• Yes
    • No

MDNA was genius. Remember the rumor that she just wanted to call the album 'Madonna'? I hated the idea because I loathe self-titled albums...it's just lazy and uninspired (*cough* Beyonce...*cough* Shakira...). It's only acceptable to me when it is a debut album but even then it reeks of laziness.

MDNA however was brilliant because she didn't completely drop the idea of a self-titled album but she also didn't repeat herself with another album titled 'Madonna'. It was also very fitting because the album felt like some sort of Greatest Hits collection to me with all the references from the past, Orbit back on board, crazy electronica a la Music/AL as well as haunting ballads. The fact that she looked like straight out of the early 90s in the GGW video just was the icing on the cake with the M-DNA theme.

PREACH! :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic:

I like Rebel Heart as an album title. The songs would have to live up to its name. She wouldn't have too many fillers. The album would have to sound full of passion. It would make you feel rebellious and wanting to do something to make this world more free and beautiful. Which btw, almost doesn't sound like Madonna, does it? I think it's also a good thing. About time she completely reinvented herself.

Edited by Katypatra

• 1 month later...

YES! Bring it on. Fits her to a T. While some may see it as a bit cliched, it might give some clueless people (the ones that need everything spelled out for them) insight into who she is.

YES! Bring it on. Fits her to a T. While some may see it as a bit cliched, it might give some clueless people (the ones that need everything spelled out for them) insight into who she is.

I agree with you 100%! At this point, I think I'll be disappointed if it's called something else. (I'm sure I won't) but as a title there's a wealth of visuals that could accompany it and they'd all work!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RinoTheBouncer

I think it’s perfect. It suits her image. She’s always been a Rebel Heart since day one. It feels like a new name for her in addition to being an album title It’s more suitable than Material Girl.

I don't like it. You've got to match it with big rebellious acts and it feels like they haven't happened for a while?

I believe her present project is called Art for Freedom?

And the tagline is "Join the Revolution: a global initiative encouraging creative expression that brings awareness to human rights violations"?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes!! I love the UB stuff but title should be Rebel Heart - it fits her and us! It could be our new name - Madonna fans are known as Rebel Hearts

Madonna fans are known as Madonna fans (luckily) and nothing else

Guest bluejean

Exactly. Imagine she starts calling us her Rebels. Ugh.

I like the name Rebel Heart, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what she calls it. It does sound like something Miley would call an album though

Living For Love is an okay song title but not for an album. It's not interesting enough.