What about "Rebel Heart" as a potential album title?

Nothing confirmed here, but let's speculate..   

242 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like "Rebel Heart" as a potential album title?

• Yes
    • No

Not too keen on Rebel Heart...sounds a bit tacky...how about Kiss My Grillz, Generation Tena Lady or Velvet Odyssey?

Is it safe to assume that Rebel Heart is the title of her new single or new album or could this be related to the Revolution Of Love/Art For Freedom, what do you guys think?

Yes. New single or new album. What makes me a bit nervous -in a good way- is that she's already using the hashtag on every photo. It wouldn't make much sense for her to tease us with the same concept for the entire year, which makes me wonder how soon she'll release something...!

Im reading cheesy, lame, cher album from the 80's

We cant judge an album title because we havent heard the actual album. Once we've heard the album (IF THIS IS EVEN THE NAME OF IT AND not just a song) then I'm sure it will all fit.

I thought RAY OF LIGHT sounded preachy lame at the time. Thought MUSIC was a lazy title, CONFESSIONS ON A DANCEFLOOR was too Mariah-esque, ETC BUT AFTER listening to all of these albums...THEY WORK! "TRUE BLUE" anyone? THAT album is a fucking classic now.

ITS ALLLLL GOOD people...

Im reading cheesy, lame, cher album from the 80's

We cant judge an album title because we havent heard the actual album. Once we've heard the album (IF THIS IS EVEN THE NAME OF IT AND not just a song) then I'm sure it will all fit.

I thought RAY OF LIGHT sounded preachy lame at the time. Thought MUSIC was a lazy title, CONFESSIONS ON A DANCEFLOOR was too Mariah-esque, ETC BUT AFTER listening to all of these albums...THEY WORK! "TRUE BLUE" anyone? THAT album is a fucking classic now.

ITS ALLLLL GOOD people...

A-FUCKING-MEN!!!

I actually like Music as a title. It was so... shockingly simple. I never liked COADF. Reminded me of MJ's Blood on the Dance Floor. Just cheesy. I like MDNA a lot. I thought it was very cool.

I actually like Music as a title. It was so... shockingly simple. I never liked COADF. Reminded me of MJ's Blood on the Dance Floor. Just cheesy. I like MDNA a lot. I thought it was very cool.

Agree with all of this. Music = one of her best titles.

Rebel Heart actually resonates as a classic Madonna title to me.

Me, too! I like MDNA as an album, but I really didn't like it as title. It was confusing to people. It had too many different meanings, an abbreviation for her name, the DNA of Madonna, a variation on the name of the club drug. You had to explain it to people. With Rebel Heart it sums up Madonna instantly and people aren't confused by its meaning and you don't have to devote a lot of time explaining its meaning to people. My mother who is a great businesswoman said to me it was a terrible title and she had no idea what it was supposed to convey. Usually she has great titles that represent both her and the music/concept of the album immediately but MDNA was the first one that didn't for me.

Me, too! I like MDNA as an album, but I really didn't like it as title. It was confusing to people. It had too many different meanings, an abbreviation for her name, the DNA of Madonna, a variation on the name of the club drug. You had to explain it to people. With Rebel Heart it sums up Madonna instantly and people aren't confused by its meaning and you don't have to devote a lot of time explaining its meaning to people. My mother who is a great businesswoman said to me it was a terrible title and she had no idea what it was supposed to convey. Usually she has great titles that represent both her and the music/concept of the album immediately but MDNA was the first one that didn't for me.

A lot of people seemed to just think MDNA was a rebranding of her own name.

MDNA was genius. Remember the rumor that she just wanted to call the album 'Madonna'? I hated the idea because I loathe self-titled albums...it's just lazy and uninspired (*cough* Beyonce...*cough* Shakira...). It's only acceptable to me when it is a debut album but even then it reeks of laziness.

MDNA however was brilliant because she didn't completely drop the idea of a self-titled album but she also didn't repeat herself with another album titled 'Madonna'. It was also very fitting because the album felt like some sort of Greatest Hits collection to me with all the references from the past, Orbit back on board, crazy electronica a la Music/AL as well as haunting ballads. The fact that she looked like straight out of the early 90s in the GGW video just was the icing on the cake with the M-DNA theme.

I guess I just don't like the self titled thing. It seems too self referential. I want the title to communicate a message or something about the album. I know it's a Madonna album because she's the artist.

MDNA was genius. Remember the rumor that she just wanted to call the album 'Madonna'? I hated the idea because I loathe self-titled albums...it's just lazy and uninspired (*cough* Beyonce...*cough* Shakira...). It's only acceptable to me when it is a debut album but even then it reeks of laziness.

MDNA however was brilliant because she didn't completely drop the idea of a self-titled album but she also didn't repeat herself with another album titled 'Madonna'. It was also very fitting because the album felt like some sort of Greatest Hits collection to me with all the references from the past, Orbit back on board, crazy electronica a la Music/AL as well as haunting ballads. The fact that she looked like straight out of the early 90s in the GGW video just was the icing on the cake with the M-DNA theme.

:clap: :clap:

MDNA might be her best album title ever. And it fit so perfectly with that psychedelic deluxe cover it's unreal. God bless M.I.A. :bow:

I remember up until the Graham Norton Show thing, everyone was saying her album would be called LUV, which I thought was terrible on all possible levels. I was so happy when she uttered those 4 letters and changed my world forever :inlove:

I think MDNA is brilliant as well. I agree about the references to the past. I didn't think she would call the new album Madonna again but yes as a debut album I love it. It's like an introduction which is so nice. The new album will be interesting.

I remember LUV as an album title. I wonder why Madonna used that spelling for love in GMAYL?

In the era of WTF, SMH, ONYD, ASAP etc. I'm quite surprised MDNA wasn't more successful and more embraced as a title. Anyway, the title is brilliant on every level, me thinks.

Also, was this the 2nd time in a row (True Blue excepted) when her name didn't appear on the front cover? :wow: I like that. I mean, at this point, there is no need for it.

And I also like that her last 3 studio albums are not titled after a track. I hope she keeps doing that too. It's more fun this way.