What about "Rebel Heart" as a potential album title?

Nothing confirmed here, but let's speculate..   

242 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like "Rebel Heart" as a potential album title?

• Yes
    • No

ROL was a little cheesy, because it was simple and sort of new age-y. But it worked. Rebel Heart is also a little cheesy, and makes me think of Stevie Nicks for some reason. But I think it works in a way that Hard Candy was trying to, but failed IMO.

To all of you who say it's cheesy, I have 3 words for you... Ray Of Light

Like A Virgin / Like A Prayer

Classic albums with titles that only make sense in the decade they were made. Ray of Light is more pretentious than cheesy.

:lmao: NO WAY! Definitely one of the all time worst. It makes me think of some cheesey eighties film about a kid who was adopted and when they found out they started acting naughty at school. Of course this is a made for TV movie.

Although I'm actually more interested in the album content as opposed to its title, Rebel Heart doesn't appeal to me as a Madonna album title.

Sounds like a lube product instead.

I think the word heart has just been overused in the entertainment industry. Especially movies and ESPECIALLY television movies. They all want to use the word heart in their movie titles that they will just insert it in a sentence whether it makes sense or not. Most likely because they can't find a coherent one that hasn't been used.

I'm not sure if I like Rebel Heart as a title. I'm not worried that someone used the word heart in a title of one of their albums because the meaning or intention is different for every artist and heart is a word. I totally get the two word including heart title has been done before and like I said heart has just been simply overused. I do appreciate the aesthetics of a work of art but the meaning behind it is everything to me. So if Madonna has a very real intention behind Rebel Heart, if she were to use that title, then the words hold meaning. If you just think of them as words that have been used before then the words have no meaning.

If it truly meant something to her then I'll like it because it's her album.

Heart in the title can work if it were not housed in a two word title. There needs to be a third word.

Open Your Heart > Rebel Heart

Don't forget smash German b-side "White Heart":

open-your-heart-uk-germany-cd-single-%5B

madonna-open-your-heart-cd-single-aleman