Why does KIT rarely get a mention around here?

Crux

I've just finished listening to the LAP album again and I was wondering why KIT doesn't get much appreciation around here. Do fans like it?

I think it's a great song and severely underrated.

The performance on the tour was even better.

One of my fondest memories of this song was after going to the DWT. There was a group of 4 or 5 fans that were singing this song on the way back. And I kept listening to it non stop for quite a while. It makes me happy.

And yes, the BAT performance is among her best! :wow:

I love "Keep It Together".

kitsmall_zps47e1bac6.png

^ I wish she and Herb had emergency shot a video with this look and the Blond Ambition/Immaculate Collection props.

Another great single that feels forgotten despite placing in the top 10. The single version updated her sound just in time for 1990 though radio alternated between it and the promo-only 7" Remix which was another of Shep Pettibone's masterful reworkings based on the album version elements.

I did not get into M until about a year or more after LAP was released, but I loved the song almost immediately. It was great she was able to have a top ten hit in the US without even releasing a video with the song.

kitsmall_zps47e1bac6.png

^ I wish she and Herb had emergency shot a video with this look and the Blond Ambition/Immaculate Collection props.

Another great single that feels forgotten despite placing in the top 10. The single version updated her sound just in time for 1990 though radio alternated between it and the promo-only 7" Remix which was another of Shep Pettibone's masterful reworkings based on the album version elements.

That would have been amazing. That photo shoot is great, and a video in that style would have been perfect

This is one of the more sentimental singles for me. Every time I see the cover it takes me back to the excitement of unwrapping the CD Maxi (her first in the US) and then again the thrill of picking up the Japan EP later for the extra mixes.

I love the song, but I wonder how heartfelt it is. Madonna doesn't seem that close to her family. It was nice that it got such a radical remix for the single.

I love KIT, LAP was the first studio album I bought by Madonna and used to listen to it all the time, it's such a feel good song, love the intro.

kitsmall_zps47e1bac6.png

Now THAT would've been amazing! :)

The BAT choreography though :bow:

Yes, the BAT version of KIT was one of Madonna's GREATEST artistic moments. The fact that she's YET to perform that song LIVE again, is a great thing. That song is, visually, a work of art. Madonna hasn't raped it a million times to appease the masses the way she has certain songs (Vogue, Express Yourself). Madonna has performed certain songs so much that they have left an indelible mark on our subconscious. Some people may find ANY number of songs WAY better than "La Isla Bonita" yet, that's the song she has chosen to perform so many times.

IMHO, each time she does LAB LIVE, it takes away JUST a little from it's original magic. Maybe "Keep It Together" is better off being left to the glorious Blond Ambition Tour. After all, is there ANY way she could top it? My answer is NO (Unlike "Vogue", which she has topped several times from her performance on the BAT.)

I don't think a lot of younger fans are all that familiar w/ it (which is inexcusable). The single cover is one of my all time faves. To this day love the remixes, the song itself, and photoshoots that went along w/ it. BAT too, OF COURSE!

I love it but never think of it as a single as it wasn't released in the UK or anywhere else in Europe and didn't have a video. It was just put out there and then got overshadowed by Vogue coming out of nowhere.

I do remember getting the 12" and loving the dance mix though! Still love that mix.

kitsmall_zps47e1bac6.png

Would've been fantastic. I always imagined her as a brunette in the video for this song.