Will Madonna kick off her tour in Australia?

jacket

56 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes
    • No
    • She's not going there

Well, if she goes I hope she visits Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth too. Not just do stadium shows in Sydney and Melbourne that only the front rows are going to really enjoy and then leave.

Surely 21 years is a long enough punishment???

We've been good recently, we even bought enough copies of Give Me All Your Luvin' to achieve Gold status :(

We didn't actually (I wish we had!).

It's March and Madonna is recording. I'd say we're looking at a November release for the next album, which would take us back to Madonna's traditional release pattern for studio albums (ever 2.5 years or so). Until a couple of days ago, I would have been willing to bet that the tour would start around May next year and reach Australia in December (it's a given that Live Nation will book her into stadiums for her Australian tour, and this means only a spring or summer tour would work here, so we're talking November to February, March at the latest....unless, of course, she's willing to do arenas and perform 20+ shows here). However, since news broke that U2 would be starting a tour in the northern summer of 2015, it's unlikely that Guy will be keen to have his two biggest acts on the road at the same time, unless he's willing to let one of his employees handle one of those tours solo.

The first tour dates will be in Australia from April to May next year, which means she'll kick off the tour in June.

That is not gonna happen.

April to May is winter in OZ.

Guest Rachelle of London

Hopefully since the Australian dollar is currently decreasing against the US it might be profitable for her to tour here!

Hahaha she'll DEFO go then! M Dolla is coming

That is not gonna happen.

April to May is winter in OZ.

Actually, it is Autumn. Winter is June, July and August

I LOVE this thread. :lol: Jan get that housewife of Melbourne psychic bitch to tell you if M will tour down undah.

:lmao: Will try and find out

Hopefully since the Australian dollar is currently decreasing against the US it might be profitable for her to tour here!

You do realize this is a load of bullshit! During MDNA tour, the Australian dollar was one of the strongest in the world, breaking parity with the U.S dollar which meant she would of earnt more money here than touring America ( in monetary value only ) and yet backed out because lola had geography studies and she was tired.

The weaker the Australian dollar, the less chance there is of Madonna touring here, because it's too risky for the promoters. Sticky & Sweet fell through because the promoter pulled out, as they would have had to charge too much for tickets to make a profit (i.e. they ran the risk of the Australian leg being a financial disaster). A lot of international artists pulled out of tours back then due to the falling Australian dollar, but special mention was made of P!nk, who they said was bucking the trend because she had the time to stay in Australia for literally months and do dozens and dozens of shows, which other artists couldn't/weren't prepared to do. Madonna was willing to bring S&S here, but the promoter wasn't willing to pay her asking fee, so it fell through (for purely financial reasons, although many at the time complained that Madonna was being selfish and should have lowered her fee).

Guest Rachelle of London

If M announces an Australian leg id be tempted to go!

GU and Chelle Take Down Under! :lmao:

Sorry, Chelle - no foreigners welcome, as they'll make it harder for the Aussies to get good tickets!!!!! ;)

I'm being completely facetious, of course!!!! :stir::popcorn2:

Guest Rachelle of London

Sorry, Chelle - no foreigners welcome, as they'll make it harder for the Aussies to get good tickets!!!!! ;)

I'm being completely facetious, of course!!!! :stir::popcorn2:

Hahah! Carta will you be travelling again this time???

Hahah! Carta will you be travelling again this time???

I really don't know yet. It will depend entirely on when and where the shows are. I'm a teacher, so I have very restricted windows of opportunity for overseas travel (i.e. absolutely no choice whatsoever over when I can take time off). We'll see what happens :)

Guest Rachelle of London

I really don't know yet. It will depend entirely on when and where the shows are. I'm a teacher, so I have very restricted windows of opportunity for overseas travel (i.e. absolutely no choice whatsoever over when I can take time off). We'll see what happens :)

Ohhhh ok!!!!

Yeah they should definitely forbid foreigners buying tickets to Australian shows. Especially New Zealanders. :madonna2:

If, and thats a big if, she does tour Australia she definently should do New Zealand, despite their accents and love of Mariah! At least we got Girlie.

If, and thats a big if, she does tour Australia she definently should do New Zealand, despite their accents and love of Mariah! At least we got Girlie.

Not anymore.

They love Katy Perry now. :chuckle: