Madonna Borrowed Her Opening For CT??

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Guest Topaz Scorpio

The homages to Saturday Night Fever and ABBA were deliberate and meant for everyone to know it. They were also throwbacks to the disco era. Same thing could be said for the "Tommy" similarities in her photo spreads that were posted here not too long ago.

This is just ripping off a concert from a few years back. I don't find it a huge deal because I still enjoyed her performance, but it's still a bit disappointing to find out yet another thing she has cribbed from someone else.

And blah, blah, blah, she made it her own, blah, blah, blah. I still find it disappointing.

After the American Life debacle (scrapping AL original video, Hollywood video, using Missy Elliot, the children's books) I don't expect Esther to do anything original with her work anymore, to be honest. COADF is a total rip-off too, but at least the product is enjoyable enough to overlook the plagiarism.

Yeah. But with a twist. A better one. :D What Pink Floyd doing with a disco ball at their concert I dunno. It'd be kinda like if Madonna having a polka dance at her concert.

Cool! It looks like the identical disco ball! :D:confessions:

I really don't care though. Madonna has been "ripping off" other artists since she first appeared in the "Material Girl" video.

Plus the disco ball was only one element in her opening. What dominated more for me was the whole S&M equestrian theme.

I love Pink Floyd, but Madonna made better use of her "blooming" disco ball - emerging from it like an embryo of light amidst a backdrop of galloping horses.

She admits to plagarism anyway, should we really be surprised?

Well the first thing that came into my mind when I heard reports about her emerging from a disco ball was U2's PopMart Tour when they came out of the giant lemon thing.

So yeah, there you go..

There must be more artist coming out in disco balls. Still, the openning is so perfect.

Guest hyperballad_brad

Saying your disappointed about the disco ball being slightly similar to the one at Pink Flloyd, could just be extended to Madonna doing the cross thing which has been done by other artists, a copying of outfits from Saturday Night and Abba, and the copying imagery from Tommy to create the photos from COAD and the Tina Turner Acid Queen backdrop. It's a bit nit picking really :(

Guest Topaz Scorpio

We need to keep this post as a milestone. From here on we should not here any more attacks on Mariah, Kylie, Janet, and all the rest for supposed appropriation of things Madonna already did prior. Because apparently copying other artists is no big deal now. Great! :clap::manson:

We need to keep this post as a milestone. From here on we should not here any more attacks on Mariah, Kylie, Janet, and all the rest for supposed appropriation of things Madonna already did prior. Because apparently copying other artists is no big deal now. Great! :clap::manson:

250px-Racheldratchdebbie.jpg

Guest Beautiful Stranger

You try so hard :sad:

Guest thenabo
OMG I need some intense Paris Hilton treatment after having to sit through that clip. Hey, I know what will make this slow, boring song better: a meandering 5 hour guitar solo. Wtf, who listens to this shit, even the performers looked bored.

QFT :clap:

Guest Lucifer Sam

coming from someone who was a big fan of Pink Floyd before madonna even had a hit, this comparison is desperate & baffling & downright ridiculous. is the whinger who started this topic for real?? :lmao: he couldn't even tell the difference between a Pink Floyd album & a bonjovi album if his life depended on it i bet :lmao: if he wants to worship janet(???), kylie(???), & mariah (!!!) & protect them from mean Madonna fans then he should go post at those singers lalaland forums instead of desperately stirring up lame shit like this here :rolleyes:

Topaz, do you seriously believe that most fans aren't aware that Madonna pays homage/appropriates things from other acts? For years, she's talked about how she's inspired by art, other artists, etc. etc. I think you're looking at a very FEW select number of fans, and bringing something like this up as a means of "Here, I'm gonna show you."

The problem with some other "divas" is that they flat out REFUSE to acknowledge the Madonna influence- Janet Jackson comes specifically to mind. I can't imagine anyone having a problem when Kylie Minogue does it, though, since she's such a self-admitted Madge fan.

Guest boytoyville

Was anybody even in thier disco ball after it bloomed? Also, what a bore fest! How can anybody sit through an entire show of that music! I have the Dark side of the moon album which is all right....but why would you need all their albums or to go to one of their concerts. BORING!!!

Guest Little Red
This is just ripping off a concert from a few years back. I don't find it a huge deal because I still enjoyed her performance, but it's still a bit disappointing to find out yet another thing she has cribbed from someone else.

And blah, blah, blah, she made it her own, blah, blah, blah. I still find it disappointing.

Puhlezze! the disco ball served a completely different purpose in the Pink Floyd concert. the two shows are as different as it gets. ANd no, there was nobody in the disco ball. it was just hovering over the crowd.

What else are you concerned about? M ripping of gymnasts by wearing a leotard? Her ripping off Sinatra by wearing a top hat? Ripping off Hendrix by (trying to) play guitar? With the disco ball she's using an element that fits her show. sorry that someone else had done it before.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
coming from someone who was a big fan of Pink Floyd before madonna even had a hit, this comparison is desperate & baffling & downright ridiculous. is the whinger who started this topic for real?? :lmao: he couldn't even tell the difference between a Pink Floyd album & a bonjovi album if his life depended on it i bet :lmao: if he wants to worship janet(???), kylie(???), & mariah (!!!) & protect them from mean Madonna fans then he should go post at those singers lalaland forums instead of desperately stirring up lame shit like this here :rolleyes:

Is this piece of crap supposed to be an alias? Better luck next time.... :zombie: