M working with Avicii, are you happy ?

M working with Avicii, are you happy or not ?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know officially she's working with Avicii for the new album, are you happy ? simple question poll !

• Yes !
    • No !
    • I don't know as i haven't heard a single note yet !

Oh.....and I'm absolutely ECSTATIC she's back in the studio, no matter who she's working with. The people that are writing her off already are no better than her haters. I don't want to hear this "everyone has different opinions" bullshit. There is nothing to have an opinion on at this point except Aviciis solo albums. Nobody has a fucking clue what Madonna is going to bring to the table at this point. To write her off at this stage is basically saying you feel like her producers do all the work for her.....which is exactly what her haters have always said. Carry that shit back to Tribe or TOS where it'll be appreciated. We don't really give a fuck here thx anyways. :-)

You're awesome :clap: :clap:

Oh.....and I'm absolutely ECSTATIC she's back in the studio, no matter who she's working with. The people that are writing her off already are no better than her haters. I don't want to hear this "everyone has different opinions" bullshit. There is nothing to have an opinion on at this point except Aviciis solo albums. Nobody has a fucking clue what Madonna is going to bring to the table at this point. To write her off at this stage is basically saying you feel like her producers do all the work for her.....which is exactly what her haters have always said. Carry that shit back to Tribe or TOS where it'll be appreciated. We don't really give a fuck here thx anyways. :-)

I don't think anyone is "writing her off." For me personally, Madonna has proven me wrong lots of time. I didn't want her to work with William Orbit again, but I really like the stuff they came up with on MDNA. I didn't want her to work with Pharrell, but I prefer their stuff to the TImbaland tracks on HC. I was really looking forward to her collaborating with Timbaland and Danja, but was ultimately disappointed. It can go either way. But does that mean I can't say "Ugh, I don't like Avicci, I wish she would work with someone else?" In my opinion, it's her job to prove me wrong. And I hope she does.

MDNA didn't flop. The singles underperformed but the album itself held its own and became one of the top selling albums of 2012. I love how people say "hasn't she learned her lesson from the last 2 albums?" Learned what lesson?? Both of those albums were among the top selling in their respective years of release, in the case of HC, it produced one of the biggest singles of her career and the tours in support of those albums grossed over $700 million. In what alternate reality are these stats of flop projects??

tumblr_mt80mvKYGn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Guest Loo Eli

Well, this is the first time she's made an album while having a social media account, and she seems to be sharing details about everything else in her life, so it makes sense that she'll be giving us bits of info via Instagram as the album process progresses.

I am not convinced that it is for Madonna's album either, not that I have learned anything specific or new about her life from Instagram posts. It certainly wouldn't be a random case of social network name dropping. Avicii may have let the secret out inadvertently by mentioning it a while back. Or maybe this is a trial balloon and Madonna is attempting to measure fan reaction.

:superman:

Guest Not4Pussies

If you had told me in 2011, 2012 that madonna was working with avicii for MDNA I would be totally for it and excited. Now not so much.

If she is looking to work with popular DJs, why not Calvin Harris? I'd even rather she go with Will.I.Am.

Daft Punk must have said no?

I hope you're joking. If she had worked with him, we could have been certain that the album would turn out a piece of shit.

People keep saying "Madonna is working with Avicii".

This is the wrong point of view. It's the other way around....Avicii IS WORKING WITH MADONNA.

People work with her. She calls the shots. Ray Of Light was a brilliant album because of Madonna, not William Orbit.

Give her a little more credit.

MDNA didn't flop. The singles underperformed but the album itself held its own and became one of the top selling albums of 2012. I love how people say "hasn't she learned her lesson from the last 2 albums?" Learned what lesson?? Both of those albums were among the top selling in their respective years of release, in the case of HC, it produced one of the biggest singles of her career and the tours in support of those albums grossed over $700 million. In what alternate reality are these stats of flop projects??

We must see it differently because to me MDNA was a flop, it went down the chart immediately and nobody talked about it again.

Let's not argue about it though, you don't think it flopped and I do, it's all cool ;)

c/p from the other thread:

I don't listen do Avicii (although as someone living in Sweden I am proud of his success), and my first reaction to these news was "WHY", but here are a few reasons why I am still hopeful:

1. Avicii played country and bluegrass at ULTRA of all places. He was trying to do something new -- which means there is a will to experiment. Which means we might not get "typical" EDM. http://www.dancingas...nced-for-dance/

2. His album got pretty good reviews from different types of outlets, so even if it's not my cup of tea, there's a possibility that something good can come from him working together with Madonna.

People keep saying "Madonna is working with Avicii".

This is the wrong point of view. It's the other way around....Avicii IS WORKING WITH MADONNA.

People work with her. She calls the shots. Ray Of Light was a brilliant album because of Madonna, not William Orbit.

Give her a little more credit.

Neither is true. They collaborated, along with several other people. If you remove Orbit from the situation, the songs likely would have been mostly adult contemporary ballads that, though melodically nice, would have probably been quite boring. Madonna agreed, which is why she didn't want Pat and Rick Nowels to produce the album. And yes, she gets credit for making that wise decision.

I am not convinced that it is for Madonna's album either, not that I have learned anything specific or new about her life from Instagram posts. It certainly wouldn't be a random case of social network name dropping. Avicii may have let the secret out inadvertently by mentioning it a while back. Or maybe this is a trial balloon and Madonna is attempting to measure fan reaction.

You haven't? We know what she's wearing before she shows up to places. We learn all kinds of things about her career and life from Instagram. She uses it like Twitter. It's possible she's not recording something for her album. But I highly doubt it's a "trial balloon." She's headed into the studio after all. Bitch doesn't like wasting money.

Guest Loo Eli

Neither is true. They collaborated, along with several other people. If you remove Orbit from the situation, the songs likely would have been mostly adult contemporary ballads that, though melodically nice, would have probably been quite boring. Madonna agreed, which is why she didn't want Pat and Rick Nowels to produce the album. And yes, she gets credit for making that wise decision.

You haven't? We know what she's wearing before she shows up to places. We learn all kinds of things about her career and life from Instagram. She uses it like Twitter. It's possible she's not recording something for her album. But I highly doubt it's a "trial balloon." She's headed into the studio after all. Bitch doesn't like wasting money.

We get crumbs of information like nicknames and hobbies of the kids, fashion statements, occasional glimpses into her artistic taste etc but nothing day-to-day career significant that I can recall. Being in the studio doesn't indicate the purpose of the sessions, who is paying or whether the material will actually be used. If there is a judgment to be made, yes, in that case general social media reaction could be taken into account along with various other factors.

She already mixed country/electronic sounds with Music. She might as well work with Mirwais again.

I was serious about Will.I.Am, I really liked the Black Eyed Peas. And the song he did with Britney "Scream and Shout"

She already mixed country/electronic sounds with Music. She might as well work with Mirwais again.

I was serious about Will.I.Am, I really liked the Black Eyed Peas. And the song he did with Britney "Scream and Shout"

But just because she is working with Avicii doesn't mean the music will be country flavored?

Will.I.Am single handedly ruined Britney Jean, and I never liked the BAP.

will.i.am isn't responsible for the beat in "scream and shout" that made it big. he's better than Pitbull but he relies too much on auto tune and stupid special effects. No. Avicii is better. he isn't that bad really, and it isn't such a surprise after the major hint he threw a few months back, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for another producer, hinting to more introspective music. (Im totally OK with dance/pop and don't want all ballads, just prefer deeper lyrics. with her inspiration in her Artforfreedom project and MDNA tour, pussy riot, etc she may be inspired to do that with a dance beat.. which would be awesome)

Guest Rachelle of London

They should be coming of age now and buying her music, but they're not. The plan to secure them young through reading failed. :americanlife:

:dead:

But I do remember someone posting here who was one of the kids that M read to at one of her book signings :lmao:

I just hope if Nile did sent her a track to listen to or something, she at least gave it a listen. He's a hot producer again at the moment, too, and he obviously has stood the test of time.

At this point, I think I just want a fun, catchy pop song. Something "Happy"-ish. Maybe that's why I'm not a big fan of Avicii's solo stuff, it's kind of melancholy.

Although I guess she tried that with a lot of the MDNA album, and I liked the darker stuff better, so I don't know. :crazy:

Guest Xanthium

I actually think "electronic bluegrass" would be fucking cool. Now THAT would be fairly innovative.

It's been done ;)

It's been done ;)

I don't think that is bluegrass, more like electronified square dance. I am thinking more like Alison Krauss meets Depeche Mode.

Guest Xanthium

I don't think that is bluegrass, more like electronified square dance. I am thinking more like Alison Krauss meets Depeche Mode.

I know, I'm just making a joke lol.

I can't say I'm happy about her working with a DJ again. But I guess all she wants to do nowadays to record music to work out to.

Well, at best sale numbers are nothing but PR.

Sticky & Sweet Tour may be the highest grossing tour in history by a solo artist but that says nothing about the artistic quality of it. I say it's an artistic failure. Same with the albums. Sale numbers don't mean shit. Erotica was a commercial flop but it is one of the greatest artistic achievements in her career.

If I had energy I would argue that HC and MDNA were commercial flops but I'm not interested in getting into that fight. But I do say they both are artistically low points among her albums. I hope her upcoming album won't join them.