New album updates - "So many great songs, can't wait." (Madonna)

just hope the lyrics and vocals are gonna be really good.. but i do have to admit i was quietly hopin for between the bars like material..

She can still put one or two songs like that on the album, but I think a whole album of Behind the Bars like songs would be too much and really hard to listen to.

I really hope they don't do the country-style stuff he's done recently. It was clever the first tine with wake me up because it was so different. Now it's just his schtick and it will sound reductive. He had much more interesting sounds to explore on his album

She can still put one or two songs like that on the album, but I think a whole album of Behind the Bars like songs would be too much and really hard to listen to.

well of course, but the same genre of deeper more introspective music.. not all of it but just a general more serious appeal. i think dance (as in the EDM kind) is not popular anymore at all..

I'll reserve judgement until I hear the music. But Avicii is not the producer I was hoping for. She's really out of the loop about new and underground acts with interesting sounds, it seems.

I'll reserve judgement until I hear the music. But Avicii is not the producer I was hoping for. She's really out of the loop about new and underground acts with interesting sounds, it seems.

she's doing the safe route.. i don't think she's out of it i just think she doesn't wanna take any risks and wants that radio airplay

Is just SO exciting that M is in the studio as we type recording the music we will going to listen for the rest of our lives! :wow:

I can't breathe properly!

she's doing the safe route.. i don't think she's out of it i just think she doesn't wanna take any risks and wants that radio airplay

And how's that been working out for her lately?

well of course, but the same genre of deeper more introspective music.. not all of it but just a general more serious appeal. i think dance (as in the EDM kind) is not popular anymore at all..

But should she do something just because it's popular or because she likes it and feels comfortable doing it? She clearly enjoys electronic music and dance music. As long as there are clubs, dance music will always be with us and be a popular genre.

she'll pull a COADF this time around.

I think either she's going to release something fantastic or it's going to be something generic (which bothers me!). But it's too soon to say anything...besides, it's quite unlikely that Avicii is going to produce the whole album...I'll wait, because we'll be probably surprised whith the other secrets!

Guest Not4Pussies

Just hoping they can come up with something a bit better than his usual efforts, they all follow the same formula and sound pretty much the same which i what I don't like. Hopefully M will can their collaboration

i feel the same way. it all sounds the same. his sound is very david guetta. she did the edm thing for mdna. that was fine for one album, but again? i was truly expecting someone else or a complete 180 from the last album. i would have been happy with diplo even. oh well, she can work with whomever the fuck she wants doesnt mean i have to like it just because its madonna.

i know. you don't need to tell me. I'm going through moments of being excited that she's recording music again and thinking about how amazing it is that right now she's working on music we'll hear in a year (see what mad.guy said :)) but at the same time I'm very disappointed with avicii(even though its not a surprise after hearing the first hint a few months ago). then again I'm also the type of fan who wants her to do what she wants.. but yeah I hoped for someone better..

but.. i thought some fans said she was over the dance route and wanted more introspective music?

Guest Not4Pussies

it seems she is. im telling you is all those damn edm remixes she listens for hours every day when she works out. oh well.

I was about to say. She was going the safe route with her two latest albums, and it didn't go that well commercially.

This remix doesn't count as an example, it's the work of a DJ doing a remix... It's different than to write and produce a song together with the artist herself...

I think his songs are complete euro bollocks too. I just posted the mix to demonstrate the chemistry of their work so far :(

She's always worked with DJ's in the past though?? Jellybean, Shep, William, Mirwais, Stuart Price? So i don't get what the big deal is? We all know how M is and she brings out the best with the people she works with.